S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
So I've been screwing around with partial suspension for months only to find out that my dad has two different rifles hidden in the basement. One of them is a .30 caliber and I'm not sure if it would be enough to kill or not since I know nothing about guns. If I do use it I'll have to do a bit of research first before going through with it since I've never touched a gun in my life. Anyways would it kill and where would be the best place to aim? I was thinking of going for the heart just in case I fail so I won't have a disfigured face or brain damage for going for the head but I'd like opinions. I'll be alone for 6-7 hours when I do it so I'll have plenty of time to bleed out. Thanks :)

Reactions: Trashcan and lv-gras
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
With every method there is a measure of risk.

The recoil from a rifle may cause you to miss your target, and if you're aiming for the heart. Especially holding the rifle in an awkward position will give you less control over accuracy.

I believe the stereotypical gun in the mouth better helps keep your weapon on target. But like you said, there is always risk of disfigurement if you don't find your target.

Even if you hit the brain, there is a small chance of survival, though odds are against it, but it is not unheard of.

Reactions: betteroffdead and Smilla
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
They say the brain stem. Kind of the lower back of the head is what you want to destroy for an instant death. I always figured I'd stick the biggest gun I could find in my mouth, aim it for that and blast away. I want something huge though. I'd be OK with decapitation from the bastard. Headless. I don't want people looking at me in a damn box anyway. Just scoop up the brains and blood and put it in a bucket on top of my shoulders for all I care.

Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Just to add to this, a friend's husband CTB with a .308

It was a very messy scene. It was fired through the head, but I don't know more than that.

Reactions: lv-gras and Smilla
Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
Hmm i actually heard of a story once where a guy tried to kill himself with a shotgun he shot his head about 4-6 times before finally dying lesson learned make sure you aim for the right spot or prepare for terrible pain

Reactions: Deutsch and lv-gras
Over n' Out

Over n' Out

△△△△△△△△△△△△
Aug 5, 2018
The biggest cal we have here for general farm use, if you have good reason to own one, is a .243
Your .30 is much bigger and more powerful.

G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
I still recall one day about 7 years ago when I was going to blow my head off with a 30-30. I hit the back of my head on the refrigerator getting a can of pop out to drink early in the day. I said, "Damn, that hurt. Imagine what a damn bullet's gonna do." Chickened out.

I would have anyway, but it was just a hell of a coincidence. Another story you can't tell the real world without risking the law being called.

Reactions: lv-gras
S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
So say I try to shoot myself in either the heart or brain stem but miss, could I still die by bleeding out?

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
So say I try to shoot myself in either the heart or brain stem but miss, could I still die by bleeding out?
You could but that would be painful. Head shots are more reliable than heart.

S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
dont play with guns today.why do you want to kill your self.