Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
I was applying for a regular job, and I had applied. One day, a suggestion arrived from a large private educational institute to me.
So I had an interview with the owner X of that. It...was terrible.

First of all, she mentioned my specialties. I had studied Philosophy and Literature in C University.
She told me I was too sentimental & naive, but she could understand me. I baffled.

Anyway, she questioned if I had resigned as my previous job, I said yes. Then, she asked the reason why I had.

Actually, there had been 'the proper answer'. I SHOULD HAVE answered that I had been happy in any field,
and I had been glad to work in my previous company. But I haven't, I testified honestly how I had been treated.

I had worked on an educational company. They had promised a regular job to me, however they hadn't.
I had been forced into selling their educational product, I hadn't. So they had threatened me with their power to fire me.
I had disappointed completely. Above of all, there had been too many employees brainwashed by managements of this company...

She listened to my testimony, and said

Why don't you put yourself in their and my shoes? Surely they had their way and their rational reason.
You are too naive to live on(smiled).

I politely said my farewell and left there. I didn't want to be a hypocrite at all.

Owner X, why should I put myself in your shoes? I had thought CTB seriously for 'my innocence'.
I would like to defend it in my all life. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO MAKE my hands dirty with dust and blood.

Owner X, sometimes you made me frustrated and cry for a while. You helped me consider CTB often.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Neowise, whywere and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I too have had companies/interviewers treat/act like jerks/idoits..etc. I am so sorry for you and I truly feel/know how you feel, been there, done that! I always try and remember to tell myself that what goes around come around and I am 64 years young and through my life experience I have seen it. All my love, caring and kindness goes out to you and always try and remember that you have your global family here!!! Walter :heart::hug:

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Blue Rose
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Wow, sounds like the interviewer kinda insulted you there. That sucks.
She might have done that to see how you react? I don't know. Stupid mind games they play.

I've been to a hand full of interviews so far but failed them all. They always ask questions to provoque you and see how you will defend yourself. But I have no self esteem, if you critizise me I just swallow it without any defense or counter-arguments. I will most likely always fail at those and never get a job. Currently I'm doing my Master's in Biology but I am already scared of my future interviews.

It's sad how companies don't want to hire an honest and kind person, they only want to hire the biggest asshole that lied during the interview to give the answers the interviewers want to hear and boasted about how great of a worker they will be because they are such an amazing person and bla.

As to having "proper answers", I once got asked what job I would do if money wouldn't play a role and I kinda blurted out "comedian". Now, looking back at it I think that was a "wrong answer", even though they asked about my personal opinion. But you aren't allowed to have opinions in interviews, I should probably have said "exactly this job I am applying for". THAT would have been the proper answer.

Sorry for my rant, I got carried away by how unfair this shit is.

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, ithappens, whywere and 1 other person
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Wow, sounds like the interviewer kinda insulted you there. That sucks.
She might have done that to see how you react? I don't know. Stupid mind games they play.

I've been to a hand full of interviews so far but failed them all. They always ask questions to provoque you and see how you will defend yourself. But I have no self esteem, if you critizise me I just swallow it without any defense or counter-arguments. I will most likely always fail at those and never get a job. Currently I'm doing my Master's in Biology but I am already scared of my future interviews.

It's sad how companies don't want to hire an honest and kind person, they only want to hire the biggest asshole that lied during the interview to give the answers the interviewers want to hear and boasted about how great of a worker they will be because they are such an amazing person and bla.

As to having "proper answers", I once got asked what job I would do if money wouldn't play a role and I kinda blurted out "comedian". Now, looking back at it I think that was a "wrong answer", even though they asked about my personal opinion. But you aren't allowed to have opinions in interviews, I should probably have said "exactly this job I am applying for". THAT would have been the proper answer.

Sorry for my rant, I got carried away by how unfair this shit is.

No, you don't have to apologise. I read your thread from A to Z.
I HATED all interviews that I had, once. I regarded them as silly games.
But still I hope there is a good job for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere