SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
I keep trying to look for answers, but I can't seem to find anything. I keep seeing the same old bull shit stuff "speak kindly to yourself" "go for a walk" and all this nonsense that doesn't fix the issues causing them in the first place. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life, I know I'm young, but it can only get worse from here. My head is pounding on walls and crying to be free. I'm trying so hard to find a reason to live, but there's nothing. This is so hopeless and helpless. I hate being so powerless over my own life. I… just want to heal, why is this so hard and why is there no step in the right direction.

• Hugs
Reactions: FreeMind, NambaSutra, charlotte_ and 4 others
tfnb

tfnb

May 29, 2023
All the stuff you find on Google are written by people who lack personal experience in this stuff, so you get the clinical version of "have you tried exercise?"

Reactions: AsleepPreference160, SpiderLink and TapeMachine
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
I keep trying to look for answers, but I can't seem to find anything. I keep seeing the same old bull shit stuff "speak kindly to yourself" "go for a walk" and all this nonsense that doesn't fix the issues causing them in the first place. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life, I know I'm young, but it can only get worse from here. My head is pounding on walls and crying to be free. I'm trying so hard to find a reason to live, but there's nothing. This is so hopeless and helpless. I hate being so powerless over my own life. I… just want to heal, why is this so hard and why is there no step in the right direction.
Maybe try the recovery section here ?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Kirov

Kirov

Mar 17, 2023
Sounds like stuff my mom would say when id be depressed.

"Go outside and do something"

"Go and get some friends"

"Stop sitting around"

They just dont get it..

Reactions: AsleepPreference160, SpiderLink and TapeMachine
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Perhaps because a real recovery is so rare. It's either someone finally accetps his fate and goes on suffering until the natural end comes, or a few have the balls to ctb to be finally released earlier from their sufferings. And a recovery is less "drama" for the audience.

Reactions: AsleepPreference160, Chemical Animal, SpiderLink and 1 other person
hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
I get that most of what people find is neoliberal spiritual bypassing. As was mentioned, most of this stuff is written by people who have a lot of resources and maybe don't deal with severe issues. Trying to find your way out of severe depression or sucidiality is not a 'one and done' cure. For me, it took years of fumbling, heartache, curling up in a ball in intense internal anguish, alone. it was endless ruminations about every thing wrong with me. At some point, I realized, most of what I felt anguish and shame about wasn't my fault. and I had live a life surrounded by family that hammered me with guilt. once I found people outside my family, I was confused why I only felt like shit with my family. It dawned on me that they were the only ones and no one else treated me that way. so I spent as much time away from them. that helped a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: FreeMind, AsleepPreference160 and SpiderLink
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
Personally I'd never reccomend finding those kinda sources on google. They're all written by pro lifers who claimed to care but actually don't give a fuck and people without proper experiences. I see the "seek professional help" every time I try to search for something, it's genuinely frustrating. How about trying the recovery section? I'm sure there must be something good there.

Reactions: peace0 and SpiderLink
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Thanks for all the replies, it's frustrating seeing on each website "seek professional treatment" I just want some sort of anwser

• Hugs
Reactions: FreeMind and charlotte_
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because the reality is that "recovery" doesn't really exist, wanting to die isn't an illness and there's just no relief from suffering in this cruel, hellish world and anyway all that is inevitable for us is even more suffering, decay and loss.

The truth is that existing here is something completely hopeless, we are all destined to suffer and to me toxic positivity and empty pro-life platitudes are just delusional people in denial. They won't be saying insensitive things like "it gets better, get help" when they are inevitably being tortured by health problems just to die anyway in this world where there is unlimited potential to suffer. Existing here really is something so terrible and futile, existence is just an unnecessary harm and that's simply just being realistic as anyway are destined for nowhere but to be tormented by old age, existence repulses me, the existence of life certainly is such a tragic mistake.

Last edited: