Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
life is full of endless suffering. nothingness has zero suffering. If death equals nothingness, then death means an eradication of suffering.

Tell me is there something wrong with my argument? Why do people including my family members and therapist call it stupid? Am I saying something so nonsensical to the point of laughter? Do I really have to be involuntarily incarcerated in some mental ward because I have these thoughts? Thanks for traumatizing me, for leaving me worse off than before, all just so you can already confirm your presuppositions about life. Of course I'm wrong and you are all right, it's as simple as one plus one equals two, how can you be wrong. Life is perfect, I'm the one with the faulty "brain chemistry" that clouds my perception. And for that reason there's nothing wrong with putting me together with people who are truly insane. I get imprisoned with them, share the same room, eat the same food, hear the same words, because after all, I'm just as insane as them.

I sometimes wonder how the average person sees the world in their day to day life. Is it so wonderfully rosy as they tell us? If it is, then I can only lament how unfortunate it was that I had to be the one to be born with a "sick brain".

Sorry for this mess of a rant, I just had to release some tension off me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sleepyturtle, Archness, Shivali and 10 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Your argument is certainly not nonsensical, it is simply exaggerated in their view. They will say that you haven't taken the happiness into account, and they believe that there is a lot more happiness than suffering if you simply have hope. To me, the notion there is any serious amount of happiness is absurd but it's nothing more than an opinion I suppose. Anyone who tells you that you're sick simply because they don't like your argument just doesn't have one themselves. Honestly, you think like me so if you're sick then I'm sick as well but I hope you find the happiness they claim is abundant nevertheless.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sleepyturtle, Yavannah, ihatemen420 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i would agree that life is just one struggle after another a series of disasters and it's not worth it and
since living equals suffering i want nothing to do with it, if your dead you can't suffer anymore it would be preferable to never exist at all
given the situation at hand and the human condition, your logical reasoning is of sound mind

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Huntfish34
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
You didn't chose to be born, but you can decide how and when you want to go.
It's your choice. Don't let anyone control you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chris!AAH, Yavannah and Huntfish34
Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
Your argument is certainly not nonsensical, it is simply exaggerated in their view. They will say that you haven't taken the happiness into account, and they believe that there is a lot more happiness than suffering if you simply have hope. To me, the notion there is any serious amount of happiness is absurd but it's nothing more than an opinion I suppose. Anyone who tells you that you're sick simply because they don't like your argument just doesn't have one themselves. Honestly, you think like me so if you're sick then I'm sick as well but I hope you find the happiness they claim is abundant nevertheless.
It's true the argument may be a bit exaggerated with my "endless suffering" comment. However, I don't see how, even when happiness is added to the equation, does it change anything at all. Let's say that for example there's more happiness than suffering in this world. Does this mean that death would be a negative because it means an eradication of happiness? For me the answer is still no, because death equals zero. When you die you're not suffering because of the lack of happiness you're experiencing, that only happens when you're alive. Life is the only set of experiences you'll ever have.

• Love
Reactions: ihatemen420 and Huntfish34
cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
usually people have that "you're fundamentally right but don't look at it that way" mentality. if you're extremely realistic they won't like you for being a "debbie downer", and expect you to magically materialize a "reason to strive towards despite it all", as they have with children etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Archness, ihatemen420 and Huntfish34
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's simply not worth talking to those people, having a realistic view on existence isn't the "illness", the thing that is instead is refusing to see suicide as being a rational solution and denying all of the endless cruelty that exists here. It disgusts me how people dismiss suicidal people as being "irrational", I think the reality is that many people do this as they don't wish to accept that existence isn't worth enduring, as accepting such a thing would shatter their delusional worldview where "life is a gift!!"

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and qwerty1969
wr3ck3d

wr3ck3d

My color says "Wanderer" so let's go with that
Feb 12, 2023
People have a different understanding of the world, what comes after death for some is nothing, for others is God or heaven. You put "life is... endless...", which is not and because this is your first point the rest tends to fall flat even when you have a good point.
But in the end you're talking to the wrong people, who think you don't know what you are talking about or don't know how you feel. This forum has somewhat more accepting people when it comes to the suffering of life, but I doubt you're looking for acceptance here.
If I were you I wouldn't talk with them about it, especially since " mental ward" is in discussion. People will be cruel even when your life isn't

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
People have a different understanding of the world, what comes after death for some is nothing, for others is God or heaven. You put "life is... endless...", which is not and because this is your first point the rest tends to fall flat even when you have a good point.
But in the end you're talking to the wrong people, who think you don't know what you are talking about or don't know how you feel. This forum has somewhat more accepting people when it comes to the suffering of life, but I doubt you're looking for acceptance here.
If I were you I wouldn't talk with them about it, especially since " mental ward" is in discussion. People will be cruel even when your life isn'
"Endless suffering" was an exaggeration, but my point still holds up.
I am looking for acceptance, maybe I wouldn't be thinking about blowing my brains out if there were more people irl who actually cared enough to truly listen to what I have to say. In the end, the argument that I've put forth is a logical one, people don't live (or die) for logical reasons. Just a bit of understanding and sympathy would have made everything so much better, but I don't have that, I'm seen as some mental freak by everyone around me.

• Love
Reactions: Yavannah, Huntfish34 and qwerty1969
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
People really overestimate how much of a reason "happiness" is to remain alive.

And for being the "logical" ones, they can't do some basic math. More suffering then happiness would be negative, and setting both variables to zero would be zero, and therefore a net positive.

Though you do kinda cease to exist, so it's not like you'd care.

It is simply illogical to live for the 1% of happiness when the 99% is suffering.

Experiencing neither, or nothing at all, would be understandable and make sense with that circumstance. I'm sorry if your in that situation.

Honestly those people doing that to you are just fulfilling their own need to have the "Moral highground". Going so far as to make things worse and insisting they're "helping"!

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Huntfish34
ihatemen420

ihatemen420

weed addict, antinatalist, loser
Jan 8, 2021
I wish I could articulate this as well as you have. Well said.