• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Every time I look at the news there's stories about someone getting murdered and they'll usually give you all of the details, like the victim was stabbed x amount of times or they were beaten then shot several times.

If someone killing themselves gets into the news it's usually because they were famous and they don't say how they died, just that they passed away aged xx or died suddenly and leave a suicide hotline number at the end of the story.

The only other time I see a suicide story is of a young persons distraught parents trying to start a charity to raise awareness for mental health / stop bullying / suicide prevention.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, UmbraDweller, Alexei_Kirillov and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
Because after all the society needs people to continue existing, maybe too much discussion about suicide would shatter those delusional beliefs about "life always being so valuable and worth living no matter what. To me it comes across as cult like the way that life is worshipped with the refusal to accept suicide as the very valid personal choice it is.

Reactions: Vicolo cieco, Alexei_Kirillov, darkenmydoorstep and 2 others
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
It's all part of the hypocrisy surrounding suicide. No one really cares in America about people dying. We have plenty of people dying on the streets and nobody gives a shit. They just pretend to care(but not very convincingly) because they can take advantage of bad laws and exploit someone's misery for their profit. You may or may not have family and friends who care but make no mistake about it. America doesn't care if how or when you die. If you're old and disabled and on social security like I am, they actually want you to die. That's why they keep making it harder to survive. 1 less social security check to pay!

• Informative
Reactions: Forveleth and DeIetedUser4739
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I think because it's easy to blame individuals in the case of murder. And it's more work to find who or what to blame in the case of suicide.

Also because murders often result in a murder mystery: who did it, how did the murderer get away, what were their motives, and will the police catch them? In the case of suicide, it's already a concluded story.

Edit: nevermind my answer. I read the question title wrong. I focused on the post itself and thought that it was about why murders are covered more often and in more detail than suicide cases.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forveleth and DeIetedUser4739
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Because when someone's murdered, the fault lies with the murderer. When someone commits suicide, fault lies with society. No one wants to admit that society has so many shortcomings.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Vicolo cieco, avoid and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's about control and slavery.

They don't want the slaves escaping the prison

Also They want to say they own you and your body not you. So you can't do what you want especially Suicide with your body and life

They also made guaranteed suicide methods into crimes : they took away our right to escape suffering, pain and torture

Last edited:
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Vicolo cieco, darkenmydoorstep and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Murder is against someone's will, suicide is a personal choice. I think its perfectly right to not talk about it in the media. The family is already under enough grief without the media probing.

Also the elite don't want it talked about as people would see just how little governments care about people with mental health issues, they'd rather us be dead than be a drain on the system.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
They don't want copy cat suicides. Tell someone where the cookie jar is and many of us would be raiding it. Or at least those of us hungry for death.
They need their 'worker bees'. Better we stay in the dark about the methodology and just crack on existing.

Reactions: Forveleth, Vicolo cieco, avoid and 2 others
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

Sep 15, 2023
Murder is a easily recognizable tragic story for media to promote, it got our villain to blame and a victim to grief. It's clear who to throw rocks at. People can run around with their pitchforks and have fun hunting down the witch, they can see the bad clearly and someone gets punished in the end or labeled as evil, everyone is happy and moral part of it is solved.

Media can go into gruesome gory details and it will still serve as sort of a fear inducing lesson to public. It tells us, do this and you will rot in jail for lifetime and everyone will hate you.

Suicides are seen as kind of a unclear mistery. People don't get why would someone do this, they can't grasp their brains on it. Are they victims? Are they villains? Who is to blame here, whos fault is this. Can life be that bad? It's confusing and it makes people question.

Drawing too much of attention to suicide is not beneficial to the system, it risks more suicides to happen, detailed news articles can serve as unintentional guides towards suicidal. Why would they risk loosing more of their precious tax payers, their obedient money makers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, ColorlessTrees, Forveleth and 1 other person
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
There is an unofficial journalistic code that suicides are not to be reported unless 1. It was a murder-suicide. 2. It was a well known person. 3. It took place in public.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739