Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Like bruh, why does my body need 64 fucking ounces of water every single day or else it gives me pure fucking agony. Like, I'm trying my damned best and it's not like I intentionally don't drink water, I just… forget and then my body decides it's time to punish me. The human body is a fascinating thing but this water shit is really frustrating.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, fortunamajor, myusername890 and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
shit i also feel the same, i drink almost a litre of water and 20 minutes later im so thirsty again.. i dont know why it started because it used to not happen

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Literally. It's like I hit my early 20s and my body was like "HaHaHA ReAdY fOr pAiN😈"

Yavannah

Yavannah

Autistic & miserable
Jul 18, 2022
add electrolytes to your water
it hydrates the body better

Reactions: Jolene79
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is going out on a limb here and I'm not trying to gaslight you but is it possible this could be part psychosomatic. This doesn't mean that the pain isn't real and you not are suffering from dehydration but you could be making it worse by obsessing over it and programming yourself to feel pain. So for example the unconscious mind is trained to believe that if you go without water you get pain so this is what happens.

*edit* just clarifying re the post below. Don't ignore anything and make sure you get checked out by a doctor

Last edited:
Reactions: Unwr!tten
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
shit i also feel the same, i drink almost a litre of water and 20 minutes later im so thirsty again.. i dont know why it started because it used to not happen
That sounds like it could potentially be something like diabetes or even a kidney issue. I would recommend getting that checked out as unquenchable thirst is often a sign of a larger medical issue.

Reactions: Regen, Sweet Tart and Jolene79
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally see it as being a terrible burden being trapped inside this human body, to me it's tiring rather than fascinating, we are slaves to the suffering it causes us to experience.

Reactions: myusername890, Yavannah and Jolene79
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
I have to drink water with electrolytes in due to various conditions. It tastes better and makes you feel a bit better. You can buy electrolyte tablets on Amazon and put them in a large jug of water. I buy zero electrolyte tabs. It might help with headaches and feeling crappy. Alot of people are probably dehydrated and if you're hyper mobile our bodies have issues with profusion of blood up to the brain. That's why I have electrolyte drinks.

Reactions: Sweet Tart
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
excessive amounts of thirst is a sign of something being wrong with your body, id get that checked out

Reactions: Regen and Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Before being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, I was constantly drinking water and always needing more. Also had to pee all the time. It's a very specific type of thirst, like water literally feels like a magical elixir. If your thirst is not this severe and you are not peeing more than usual, it is probably not what I have, but it is still very much worth getting checked out, as it could still be a resolvable medical issue.

Reactions: Regen
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
This is going out on a limb here and I'm not trying to gaslight you but is it possible this could be part psychosomatic. This doesn't mean that the pain isn't real and you not are suffering from dehydration but you could be making it worse by obsessing over it and programming yourself to feel pain. So for example the unconscious mind is trained to believe that if you go without water you get pain so this is what happens.

*edit* just clarifying re the post below. Don't ignore anything and make sure you get checked out by a doctor
Oh yeah, I thought that's what it was at first but last month, I got severe pancreatitis because I couldn't stop vomiting due to dehydration and yesterday was almost the same. I vomited twice but forced water, tea and Gatorade down and now I'm feeling a bit better.

That sounds like it could potentially be something like diabetes or even a kidney issue. I would recommend getting that checked out as unquenchable thirst is often a sign of a larger medical issue.
I went to the doctor and had scans, the6 said I just need to remember to drink more but if I drink too much at one time, I get nauseas, but having to drink a little more often is hard to remember, though I'm trying really hard.

I have to drink water with electrolytes in due to various conditions. It tastes better and makes you feel a bit better. You can buy electrolyte tablets on Amazon and put them in a large jug of water. I buy zero electrolyte tabs. It might help with headaches and feeling crappy. Alot of people are probably dehydrated and if you're hyper mobile our bodies have issues with profusion of blood up to the brain. That's why I have electrolyte drinks.
Any specific recommendation? What's it taste like? I like Gatorade but it's so sugary and zero sugar Gatorade tastes awful.

excessive amounts of thirst is a sign of something being wrong with your body, id get that checked out
its not that I'm excessively thirsty, it's that I literally forget to drink water. Like on a good day, I'll drink 32 ounces, half of what my body needs. I think it might be an ADHD thing that I forget but idk.

Before being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, I was constantly drinking water and always needing more. Also had to pee all the time. It's a very specific type of thirst, like water literally feels like a magical elixir. If your thirst is not this severe and you are not peeing more than usual, it is probably not what I have, but it is still very much worth getting checked out, as it could still be a resolvable medical issue.
For me, water alone especially at once makes me incredibly nauseas. I don't know why. The doctors said there's nothing wrong.

Last edited:
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
There are tabs you drop in water called ZERO. I'm in the UK and get them from Amazon.
Gatorade is 🤢

busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
I wish I could just hand up an iv for hydration so I couldn't forget.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
its not that I'm excessively thirsty, it's that I literally forget to drink water. Like on a good day, I'll drink 32 ounces, half of what my body needs. I think it might be an ADHD thing that I forget but idk.
I think that drinking when you feel thirsty should be enough. The whole 2-liter thing about daily water intake is a myth. Your body generally knows what it wants and when it wants it.

That said, and this might be a super specific scenario, but are you brushing your teeth after meals? When I was young my dental hygiene wasn't great and my mother cooked very salty meals. If I didn't brush my teeth I would stay thirsty all day.

TheDyingSolarSystem

TheDyingSolarSystem

Jul 11, 2023
Like bruh, why does my body need 64 fucking ounces of water every single day or else it gives me pure fucking agony. Like, I'm trying my damned best and it's not like I intentionally don't drink water, I just… forget and then my body decides it's time to punish me. The human body is a fascinating thing but this water shit is really frustrating.
Like fr, I forget to drink water a lot during the day, and then I get huge Headaches because I forgot. How I usually remind myself though, is I set silent alarms about once an hour that reminds me to drink water. Though I do exercise every other day, so I get my Water intake from that too.