Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
I watch everybody else pair off as friends and partners, but I'm never chosen.

It hurts to watch my coworker quickly become close with a new coworker. Not out of jealousy, but envy that people can somehow just meet people they sync up with so easily when it never happens to me anymore.

I really would love to be someone's choice. It wouldn't cure my pain, but it could make it worth tolerating.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hollowman, juna, Hunterer and 21 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
🫂

Reactions: juna
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Society doesn't understand people who have social anxiety

Reactions: juna, Hunterer, rebelnow111 and 4 others
E

Excalibur

Jul 7, 2024
I watch everybody else pair off as friends and partners, but I'm never chosen.

It hurts to watch my coworker quickly become close with a new coworker. Not out of jealousy, but envy that people can somehow just meet people they sync up with so easily when it never happens to me anymore.

I really would love to be someone's choice. It wouldn't cure my pain, but it could make it worth tolerating.
I apologize in advance if this is a misunderstanding. For a year now, I've been following a blonde TikToker from Florida. Her name starts with A, she's slim. She disappeared months ago and I think she might have serious depression problems and maybe even considered suicide. When I read your nickname, I thought it would be exactly the nickname she would choose. If what I'm saying makes sense to you, I'm asking for a chance to get to know each other and be together.

If you are the one I think you are, I also dedicated the Twilight song to you on TikTok.

I know this seems like a message from a strange person, but I'm a nice and funny guy. I have a great desire to travel, live, and love. I realize that all this is very cringe...

B

biboty

Student
Dec 16, 2019
I was once someone's choice, but then I was discarded, I can understand how you feel. It's not easy, I never found someone to be my friend again

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
Well, shit, I know all about this. It's a huge part of why I want to die.

It's even worse when you make an effort to try and be normal and things still don't change. Asking people out, being turned down for whatever reason, and then seeing them with someone else a few months later also really sucks.

I don't blame anyone for it though. Some things just aren't meant to be. Unfortunately, if that's my lot in life, I don't think I can handle it.

• Love
Reactions: juna, Hunterer and archiveofpain
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I apologize in advance if this is a misunderstanding. For a year now, I've been following a blonde TikToker from Florida. Her name starts with A, she's slim. She disappeared months ago and I think she might have serious depression problems and maybe even considered suicide. When I read your nickname, I thought it would be exactly the nickname she would choose. If what I'm saying makes sense to you, I'm asking for a chance to get to know each other and be together.

If you are the one I think you are, I also dedicated the Twilight song to you on TikTok.

I know this seems like a message from a strange person, but I'm a nice and funny guy. I have a great desire to travel, live, and love. I realize that all this is very cringe...
Are you seriously trying to hit on the OP because you assume that she is some random ass TikToker who you happen to have a crush on? Not to be rude, but this is very strange and kind of off-putting...

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowman, juna, archiveofpain and 9 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I don't mean to be superficial, but how are you as far looks go?

untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
Socializing is a lot harder than people make it out to be, especially if you have trouble navigating that. All my life I have had a hard time socializing, and I still do. Perhaps if you have trouble with making IRL friends, it might not hurt to try to make online friendships. It can be a wonderful thing, but it can be just as bad too. The upside is, you'll meet lots of other people in a quicker amount of time, downside is you don't really get to do any IRL activities without meeting up and spending money on them. I would still have a healthy boundary for yourself when going into online friendships. Just because its online, doesn't mean it cannot hurt you.

Neon Grave

Neon Grave

AuDHD, trying my best.
Apr 6, 2023
I feel this. It's so discouraging and soul crushing. I've tried to mimic how people make socialize, interact, make connections... It seems to work for everyone except me. I don't understand. I say nice things and give people gifts, but they don't reciprocate. I tell jokes but they don't laugh, even if they thought something similar was funny when told by another person. I try to give advice when they complain about things, but they never accept it or try to make changes.

I want people to like me. I want to feel included. But no matter what I do I'm never "seen" by others.

• Hugs
Reactions: juna, archiveofpain and acey
img-phenix

img-phenix

the 6-for-1 package deal
Jul 9, 2024
Yeah I've had this happen to me alot, I kinda gave up on trying anymore with most people, it saves energy instead of constantly trying to fit into a made up standard of normalcy. I actually found one of my closer acquaintances this way so you never know...

• Hugs
Reactions: juna and acey
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

close up the hole in my vein
May 29, 2024
I feel this in my bones. It feels very discouraging when everyone else has a best friend or a close knit social group and then you're just there, on the edges. You want friends that wholeheartedly accept you while not abandoning you at the first sign but even after trying to be a more mentally healthy person and mimic social cues, I can't seem to get friends that care about me like I care about them, it's really exhausting

I

Iloveher

Jul 17, 2024
I dont know you of course so I am just offering a hypothesis regarding your problem , but isnt it possible that you give out the "stay away from me" vibes ?
For instance I wanted to approach some people sometimes but they looked like they didnt want to be bothered so I stayed away. People can sense a negative mindset and they will stay away from such vibes because usually people are drawn to other people who spread positivity and positive vibes.
I am just making an assumption here, of course, I could be wrong