W

worthless

Sep 20, 2018
I simply had to open this topic. In my youth I was hearing from people who were against suicide often: "It's easy to die, but what is really hard is to live!" Turns out it was complete bullshit. Real mastery is to die! To live is really easy. Even if you are homeless, someone will throw you a penny or so, you'll get bread, you'll get some care, you won't die. But to die... It's like some puzzle! My family members who passed away were dying in agony from month, all the way to 4 years! So my question is to all of you, why do you think god/nature (whatever you believe in) made dying so fucking hard thing to do. I dare to say, hardest thing of all in existence!

If you get cancer, deadliest of diseases... you die years. If you get alzheimers, you can die for DECADES! If you get HIV, you still have LOTS of agony before you finally die!

Why? Why? WHY?!?!

What could go wrong if existence was designed so death was really easy to achieve? Would there be massive suicides in primitive mammals? I hear it's in duty of SURVIVAL. But still, why is it sooooo excruciatingly hard to finally bite the dust? Even if you try suicide, all odds are against you. You have to be really lucky to die and not to just end on attempt.

So what do you think? Why is it soooooo hard to die? Why so much rebelling of body against death?

Reactions: windingdown and weedoge
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Worthless it is hard to die I'm afraid. Takes a lot of courage. Had one of my best friends hang themselves another three herself in front of a train. I can't imagine that courage, I've not got it

Reactions: windingdown, weedoge and Maravillosa
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well there's a lot of generalization there. Cancer is becoming more curable and Alzheimer's can kill you in a short space of time. A lot depends on the type of illness. Small cell lung cancer for instance, is very quick and deadly. A stroke, blood clot, heart attack etc can all result in a swift death. If you're asking why the human body is so resilient, that's just bad luck I suppose. A gnat only lives for a week and reproduces hundreds of times. That's more my speed.

Reactions: windingdown, Mugara and Sun Stealer
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Right? When I read warning labels, it says 'may cause serious injury or death'... and I just wonder how easy it is to get the item the warning label is placed on to kill me.

Reactions: windingdown and lv-gras
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Well desperate thing is you can take things and not die an hurt yourself. I've got bad sciatic nerve injury from ctb when I was 20, I'm 51 now

Reactions: lv-gras
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
There should just be an euthanasia pill

Reactions: Delaying and Aesthler
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Well desperate thing is you can take things and not die an hurt yourself. I've got bad sciatic nerve injury from ctb when I was 20, I'm 51 now

I know. That's what I was implying. I guess my wording was poor.

Reactions: lv-gras
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
The only logical reason for pain to exist is to keep us here whether we want to or not. We never should have become self aware. We're slaves to both nature and society

Reactions: windingdown, Lra888, Sun Stealer and 1 other person
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
Perhaps we're all meant to be, do, observe or have some experience before we are allowed as it were... to die..

Reactions: lv-gras, Maravillosa and Sun Stealer
W

worthless

Sep 20, 2018
You know these statistics? Majority of people who took magic N died inside 2 hours... But one case or two took 12 hour or more! That's very nasty! Besides gunshot survivors! People shoot. Themselves. In head. And they survive! It really makes me scared! I fear I might fail too. They say, jump from 80 metere building and it is certain death. I do have bridge here that high. Wouldn't jump in water (although one friend of my momsm friend died on same bridge jumping in water), but on concrete itself. Thing is, with my luck I would be all broken and be dying in agony for few minutes. And most importantly, I am SHIT SCARED of heights! I would faint before I cross the safety rail.

Reactions: lv-gras and windingdown