tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
I know drug addiction can seriously change someones life but there are others who can take drugs like heroin, morphine, xanax, coke, weed on a regular basis and still be functioning.

I'm trying to understand the psychology of people who seem to be against others doing drugs even inmoderation (and some of these people idiotically think alcohol isn't a drug).

Is it fear? I wonder what other things people who believe in drug propaganda also don't do.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Well I'm not sure about the war on drugs, and countries like the Netherlands seem to be doing pretty well for themselves. Harm reduction rather than prohibition y'know. I think those people who can function on heroin is in the minority but others for sure, xanax being one of the most prescribed meds in America, and weed now legal medically and recreationally in some states, that's a lot of probably functional people taking xanax.

Personally I wouldn't think there's much special about the psychology of someone who disagrees with drug use, it likely just means they were brought up in an anti-drug community/family.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, LifeSick and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Dog Food

Dog Food

POS
Mar 27, 2018
I don't know about morphine, Xanax, etc., but LSD is banned because it got associated with hippies in the 60s and 70s. It continues to be banned even though studies have shown it to be highly effective at treating addiction and depression in low doses, and nearly impossible to overdose on.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
It's pure ignorance. Most people are ignorant on most subjects anyway. They don't understand that all drugs are basically the same, in the sense that a psychiatric drug is as much of a drug as cocaine or LSD. They are all unique, but they all can be harmful.
Now, for functioning addicts, that doesn't mean they're not addicted.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals