Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
is this the survival instinct or is it the force of life? pepole around the world just jumping and thats all
without thinking or threding i just cant look at my self not doing it.i tried alot of times with rope or with out
i just cant jump even from low hieght or hang myself this life sucks! i dont know what keep me alive
i have no reason i need maybe to get anger and out of control or somthing just to dare do the step

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
jumping from a building is not my type, from an airplane - ya it is. But i always thought that while falling down i might regret my jumping desigion. Hanging is too nasty and not clean at all, again not my type. Most people i knew that "did it" haven't done it alone or with their will. Jumping and hanging are clean for the law part only, that's why i don't trust statistics.

Last edited:
Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
i thoght about doing it its needed money to hire one and you need to open the door after take the back seat its not that easy to do if you in front seat
form the other side if you failed to jump and you dont have money its a problem try it again.complecated.

P

passepar2t

Oct 23, 2019
I couldn't bring myself to jump either. Probably instinct and fear of the terror of falling and going "oh fuck what have I done" while on my way down.

Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
if it was easy so more ppl would do it only 10% of tryings ended fatal.so 100 ppl try but only 10 suicide.
there is no any subtence that can help maybe drugs that messing your mind its terrible way not to love life and not to die
i have no idea what to do about it maybe a partner
all methods are finnaly ok train and rope but its all dependes on your final act of survival
despite what said before you shold not thinking too much you take the step and jump and if done correctly you pass out
i think that ppl should have local websites and go in pairs.

Last edited:
P

passepar2t

Oct 23, 2019
Maybe try a shotgun? One trigger press, less time to change your mind, over 98% fatality rate. That's what I'm going to use.

Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
i wish! if i had handgun i would go i think without hesitat i have a friend with gun but i need very good reason to ask him to handle it.hahha
in states as much as i know its easy above 21 age to obtain gun.
you just do some files and buy one i dont know how half of tthe country dont suicide

P

passepar2t

Oct 23, 2019
I'm lucky to be a US citizen with our lax gun laws.

Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
what is lax? do you have a gun? i dont no what caliber insure fatal but 9 mm to the mouth seem ok

P

passepar2t

Oct 23, 2019
I mean it's easy to get a gun in the US. I don't have one yet but I'm planning on buying a shotgun.

As far as I'm aware, it's much much safer too use a shotgun than a handgun. Handguns have too high a chance of survival for my liking.

Shotguns are also easier to buy than handguns.

Y

Y78

Student
Feb 10, 2020
shotgun is killing a deer not a small human head.

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
One time a SS user told the bridge's name that he intended to jump. I google the name and the place was so gorgeous! I got so jealous of her.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think it is the survival instinct as well as self-preservation instincts kicking in. You body and mind (subconsciously) knows that if you jump, you will get seriously injured/die from impact so it does all it can to stop you from proceeding. Also, before you go through with it, think about it carefully before making any decision because one of the worst consequences is failing an attempt and suffering not only permanent injury (leading to a worse situation than before) and also all the fallout from society, your peers, and of course, being locked up in a psych ward for attempting to CTB (and failing).

With regards to firearms, I stand by the shotgun if you are able to acquire one because it has less room for error and higher success rate than a handgun. You will still have to aim correctly but the sheer amount of damage done by it would be very close to 100% success rate when attempted. I would also recommend reading up the guns/firearms megathread in order to get a more thorough understanding of what to do as well as precautions to take so that you don't end up with permanent damage and all the negative consequences.

@Quinlor are you referring to the New River Gorge Bridge by any chance or another bridge?

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I think it is the survival instinct as well as self-preservation instincts kicking in. You body and mind (subconsciously) knows that if you jump, you will get seriously injured/die from impact so it does all it can to stop you from proceeding. Also, before you go through with it, think about it carefully before making any decision because one of the worst consequences is failing an attempt and suffering not only permanent injury (leading to a worse situation than before) and also all the fallout from society, your peers, and of course, being locked up in a psych ward for attempting to CTB (and failing).

With regards to firearms, I stand by the shotgun if you are able to acquire one because it has less room for error and higher success rate than a handgun. You will still have to aim correctly but the sheer amount of damage done by it would be very close to 100% success rate when attempted. I would also recommend reading up the guns/firearms megathread in order to get a more thorough understanding of what to do as well as precautions to take so that you don't end up with permanent damage and all the negative consequences.

@Quinlor are you referring to the New River Gorge Bridge by any chance or another bridge?
Yes, the landscape is beautiful! Would be a privilege die in a place like this.