mossball

mossball

Apr 6, 2021
I don't even weigh anyone down. I don't talk at length about my misery at all. Only my few friends know about it because of passing comments, but we don't discuss it. Even though I attempted and was commited, my parents probably don't know about it either. As far as they're concerned, it doesn't exist; I'm not allowed to show any sort of negative feelings around them.

Still, I every so often find posts on the internet condemning miserable people — saying it's draining to be around them, that they don't want to get better, etc. I know it's not targeted at me, because of all I said in the first paragraph, but it still hurts to read. Why do they assume we don't want to get better? I don't even remember what it's like to not be depressed. Maybe a faint childhood memory. I understand that it can be tiresome to be around constant negativity, and people shouldn't vent constantly to someone else without consent... But I wonder: when people post that, do they realize that the people they are talking about might be legitimately hurting? Or do they only care about us in September?

I might be out of touch. I don't know. I'm just so tired and feel so alone and away from everyone. I don't want to feel even worse for feeling so terrible.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Maaizr, demuic and 11 others
F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
Well because we are a fucking drain on people. Human beings are empathetic, they react unhappily to unhappy people. Just my facial expressions turn people off.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, CloseFriendofCamus, Cathy Ames and 5 others
mossball

mossball

Apr 6, 2021
Well because we are a fucking drain on people. Human beings are empathetic, they react unhappily to unhappy people. Just my facial expressions turn people off.
Yeah I guess so. But I don't wanna be guilted for simply existing in this state.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, CloseFriendofCamus, Maaizr and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People are very selfish after all and they do not understand what others are going through. Of course, to me there is nothing wrong with being miserable, life itself is very depressing. I could never want to live in a world like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, CloseFriendofCamus, demuic and 6 others
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
Still, I every so often find posts on the internet condemning miserable people — saying it's draining to be around them
People don't like the dose of reality.
Where are you reading these comments by the way?

Reactions: sserafim, demuic, ClownMe and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
It's really bizarre, I've noticed this too. Many euthymic people have this strange apparent allergy to anything in the realm of sadness. It makes me angry, really. Why are they offended by it? They say it's "bringing the mood down" - how hypersensitive are these people, that they can be infected by my sadness? It's not like I'm infected by their happiness when I'm in their company.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Maaizr, demuic and 4 others
D

DeprivedofLife666

Any other childfree people on here?
Mar 28, 2022
I totally get you. I hate being condemned just because I live in a miserable situation. I honestly want to yell at people to just fuck off if they are going to put me down further when they tell me that same crap. It's like "Fine, go away then!"

Reactions: sserafim, _Minsk and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Because they think being around someone who is suffering is just as bad as being someone who is suffering because it bums them out a little. They don't understand that some people are wired differently than them and so decide it must be a personal choice for someone to act differently.

It's funny how many people will talk about mental health awareness or whatever bullshit and then in the next breath berate someone in a snarky post for experiencing clinical depression or being socially awkward or something. It shows you how they really feel.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Maaizr