nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
To the point it will traumatise them? Excuse me if the question comes across as stupid but I've seen a mangled body from a car crash with the eyeball out of the socket and brains out. I've also discovered a relative on the floor after dying from a heart attack. They were both shocking but I wouldn't say that I was traumatised.

Of course everyone is different.

Reactions: Skathon and itsamadworld
BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
To the point it will traumatise them? Excuse me if the question comes across as stupid but I've seen a mangled body from a car crash with the eyeball out of the socket and brains out. I've also discovered a relative on the floor after dying from a heart attack. They were both shocking but I wouldn't say that I was traumatised.

Ehhmmmm I don't know if you are serious or not. But being traumatized after seeing such things is a normal thing for most people.

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Ehhmmmm I don't know if you are serious or not. But being traumatized after seeing such things is a normal thing for most people.

I'm being serious. Is it the fact that it's a dead human body or would people get bothered from any dead body from an animal in general.

BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
I'm being serious. Is it the fact that it's a dead human body or would people get bothered from any dead body from an animal in general.
The difference between dead animals and dead humans is huge. Even though I am already pretty shocked when seeing a dead bird somewhere. Fish on the other hand are find.

I think the more similarities an animal has to a human, the more awful it gets when seeing it dead.
I don't have to talk about why it is awful for most people to see a dead body with a violent death...

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
probably for evolutionary reasons. dead human = danger kind of thing. bodies do kind of creep me out honestly.

Reactions: terry_a_davis, LoNatural and BaconCheeseburger
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't have the research to back this up, it's just what I remember from having read several times over the years, perhaps someone else has sources.

My understanding is that humans are wired to be put off by physical un-wholeness and abnormalities. Folks who have been severely burned, are missing limbs, or who have deformities are marginalized because people look away. Strong difference has to be acclimated to by most, and is jarring when unexpected or not normalized. I would imagine that seeing a dead body when the vast majority of bodies are alive is also a jarring anomaly. From what I recall, we have expectations of wholeness and symmetry, and anomalies cause adverse reactions. For some that may be traumatizing, especially if they were unprepared, or if the anomalies were new developments in someone we cared about or had known for a long time as being whole and symmetrical, or alive.

@nigelhernandez, you would probably do well in a career as a mortician, death investigator, physician or surgeon since such anomalies don't affect you.

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
What a ridiculous question. Why does it bother you the general population get bothered by this? We can't tell ourselves, "don't be traumatized" and not get traumatized. Goodpersoneffed explains it well.

• Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust and deadpixels
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Time to read up on some Terror Management Theory.

Here, start with this:

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
What a ridiculous question. Why does it bother you the general population get bothered by this? We can't tell ourselves, "don't be traumatized" and not get traumatized. Goodpersoneffed explains it well.

Why are you getting so aggressive?

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020

It differs mate- when i was raped (my first sexual experience)- i wasnt "traumatizes" by it like some other girls- as in i could have sex in later life.. and my triggers were totaly different tan "expected"..
i have found a deceased mate before and didnt have ptsd as result only v mild..
but now im traumatizes so bad from waking up next to a corps that literally my hole life has changed.. and pay no attention to people who say that u r ridiculous btw.. this is an interesting subject i have been pondering about throughout my life..
we are not all the same.. thank the gods!
x

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Jan 19, 2020
@nigelhernandez and what's so aggressive about it? Do you not know that you're coming off as judgmental?

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Jan 19, 2020
@a.n.kirillov since I'm not upset as you like to claim I am, let's not tell me how to feel.