RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Serious question. Why does this even matter? We're all going to die anyway. You'll only endure this type of suffering for a certain amount of time and then it's lights out. Even if the pain is excruciating, you're still going to die (hopefully) so I don't see the point of painless and painful. Why does this matter so much and why do so many people want their deaths to be painless?

• Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, sandalphon, Don'tknow123 and 3 others
Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
I can only answer for myself here. For me it's mainly because I'm less likely to succumb to SI with a peaceful method. My anxiety and squeamishness makes it practically impossible for me to let myself go out in suffering. Also..I've hurt plenty in life. I don't want to go out hurting too. I want to go out feeling peace for once in my sorry life. A peace that will have been felt for the first and last time until I board my bus.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NSA, dyingalone123, ShornSoloists and 18 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I don't like the "peaceful" methods. I'd like death to be an experience.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, lilac, Greenberg and 1 other person
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Easier to go through with, for one thing.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, exhausteduntreatable, PeacefulTonic and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't think there's such a thing as a peaceful suicide. SI will make sure that we suffer in the weeks, days & hours before we attempt to ctb regardless of the method

• Aww..
Reactions: ShornSoloists, readysteady, PeacefulTonic and 4 others
Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
My life was painful enough.i want my exit to be peaceful.

• Hugs
Reactions: dyingalone123, ShornSoloists, PeacefulTonic and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand your point. It's just the more painful the method, the harder to do. It is the way our brains are wired, even if we really want to die, certain methods can be harder to go through with due to our natural instinct to survive. The more peaceful the method, the more one will feel relaxed about dying I guess. I would be fine experiencing some pain if it meant I would die at the end of it, but I am worried about a more painful method stopping me from ctb.

Reactions: NSA, PeacefulTonic, Pookie and 4 others
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Having a less peaceful method caused me to fail in the past. I tried to push past but I ultimately buckled and called for an ambulance. With a more peaceful method I'd hope that won't happen and I'd only call if I'm truly having second thoughts.

If you're able to push through the pain/suffering then fair play to you. I probably could for a few minutes to a couple hours but no more.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Pookie, newave3 and 2 others
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
I think for me I want the least chance my SI will lead me to seek help.
And if there's a semi peaceful method out there I don't see why I'd go for anything less. I originally planned a unpeaceful method and I would've worked my self up to it anyway but now that there's an option for something easier and more likely to ctb with I'm not going to go and hurt myself with anything else

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
W

WoodyOak

Apr 28, 2020
Not afraid of dying, it`s the pain component that I`m not fond of.

Reactions: Blondi, filthyrottendirty, newave3 and 3 others
AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

Oct 6, 2020
I honestly don't think I do. I'd like to leave a mess for the world to deal with after I'm gone. Fuck the world, it's never tried to make anything easy for me, why would I go quietly?

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
xkonstantinexx

xkonstantinexx

Jun 11, 2021
I worry that my SI will kick in at the last minute and make me stop. I understand that there is no completely painless method but I feel that the lesser the pain, the easier it will be to pull through.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and newave3
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
I would like my death to be quick and painless

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and Solar1703
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Curious you ask this yet you are at nearly two hundred post. What a degrading question.

Reactions: Death is beautiful, deepinlimbo and demuic
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
Curious you ask this yet you are at nearly two hundred post. What a degrading question.
Maybe OP wants a painful death or isn't worried about that aspect as most of us may be, plus it's a way of seeing if OP is or isn't alone in their feelings towards pain. I don't know. Just a theory.

To answer this thread though I think I want to be able to experience my death the same way I experience falling asleep at bedtime, just drifting off, not even releasing or at least realising enough to be able to come to terms with what's happening. I don't really want to be agony or in terror if I can help it. I think even people who aren't suicidal can understand that.

Reactions: Peaceisnear, PeacefulTonic and WoodyOak
Tired Nacho

Tired Nacho

Apr 30, 2021
I think I would be scared of one painfull method failing and then being in agony, like if I jump from a building and somehow survive or survive being run over by a train or something like that, I'm interested in sn because it is mostly painless and if it fails I'm ok.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and CivilizationV
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
I'm just curious, that's all, my post count doesn't mean anything. I've been on here long enough. I feel like an odd one out that doesn't really care whether their death is painful or painless. Just wanted to see if anyone shares the same thoughts as me. I'm just curious to know why it matters to most people. It's a serious question and a honest discussion, that's all.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Don'tknow123 and deepinlimbo
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'm just curious, that's all, my post count doesn't mean anything. I've been on here long enough. I feel like an odd one out that doesn't really care whether their death is painful or painless.
Have you chosen your method?

RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
Maybe OP wants a painful death or isn't worried about that aspect as most of us may be, plus it's a way of seeing if OP is or isn't alone in their feelings towards pain. I don't know. Just a theory.

To answer this thread though I think I want to be able to experience my death the same way I experience falling asleep at bedtime, just drifting off, not even releasing or at least realising enough to be able to come to terms with what's happening. I don't really want to be agony or in terror if I can help it. I think even people who aren't suicidal can understand that.
Thank you! Your first paragraph basically summarized my exact thoughts and feelings. Just curious to see who else doesn't care whether their death is painful or painless.
Have you chosen your method?
I have two. Shotgun to the head or jumping off the Royal Gorge in Colorado. Also had another method which was to slit my own throat. I want a violent death,

Last edited:
Reactions: deepinlimbo
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
So, quick & painless
Unless you somehow survive I guess, but the method itself is painless although I did want to go to the extreme and slit my throat, which is still an option if somehow I go absolutely bat shit crazy,

peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
I want my death to be peaceful because I've suffered enough in this hellish life lmao. Besides acquiring my peaceful method (aka N) was relatively easy so why not choose the low SI, peaceful, and elegant death over something violent and painful.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, FuneralCry and deepinlimbo
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
if I was too know it was going to be painful, I wouldn't' want to go through in the fear of failing or some douche trying to save me, leaving me in that constant pain, if I go out not thinking of pain then end up landing with pain but knowing its about to be over, that wouldn't bother me

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
I'm just curious, that's all, my post count doesn't mean anything. I've been on here long enough. I feel like an odd one out that doesn't really care whether their death is painful or painless. Just wanted to see if anyone shares the same thoughts as me. I'm just curious to know why it matters to most people. It's a serious question and a honest discussion, that's all.
Ok, sorry if I was too rude. It just seems absurd to essentially ask why others don't get a hammer and bust their window so they can slit their throat with glass shards. The reason we want to kill ourselves is because of our conscious experience being alive so the last moments to be somewhat dignified and free from pain doesn't seem too far off. Human beings can't truly act like their consciousness doesn't exist, I imagine you ate and drank water this week despite the fact going without water for three or so days would be a surefire to die. Ambivalence is also common with suicide.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, demuic and deepinlimbo
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
The only reason why pain should be an issue is due to it endangering the proceedings, i.e. leading to an abortion of the attempt, which might leave one with permanent damage. In case of a foolproof method, the amount of pain should be irrelevant.
It is preferable to pick a painful method that is guaranteed to succeed over a painless method that allows failure.

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
The only reason why pain should be an issue is due to it endangering the proceedings, i.e. leading to an abortion of the attempt, which might leave one with permanent damage. In case of a foolproof method, the amount of pain should be irrelevant.
It is preferable to pick a painful method that is guaranteed to succeed over a painless method that allows failure.
The reality is that painful methods correlate higher to non-foolproof. Cutting your wrist, neck slitting that I mentioned above, jumping (unless from a certain height), and so forth. Largely painless methods or close to them (shotgun, SN, N) are closest to fool proof.

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
Thank you! Your first paragraph basically summarized my exact thoughts and feelings. Just curious to see who else doesn't care whether their death is painful or painless.

I have two. Shotgun to the head or jumping off the Royal Gorge in Colorado. Also had another method which was to slit my own throat. I want a violent death,
Personally I don't want you to have a violent death because I don't think anyone should be suffering in their last moments but honestly it's your choice and we have to respect that decision. All I would hope is that you don't have to resort to that and things can get better. But I do get that sometimes that just isn't the case. I won't lecture you though on your choice OP, I know there are people out there who can and even want to endure pain.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
For me it would be preferable to exit in the opposite way to how I've been living my life in the last 8 years. A life of relentless anguish, torment, chronic physical pain.

So in a sense I feel a peaceful and painless death is the least I deserve. A sort of merciful gift to myself.

But if I don't have any peaceful methods available then 5 more minutes of suffering is nothing compared to terminating this endless nightmare.

I've experienced pain so bad that I begged my partner to smother me with a pillow.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and Seiba
C

Chockles

Experienced
Sep 17, 2021
I'm bed ridden. Most methods aren't available to me. A peaceful death is the way to go. Been in agony 9 months & don't want anymore pain. N next week hopefully then ctb for me

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms and PeacefulTonic