theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
At first, it seems very stupid to ask yourself this question but after thinking about it, you really find that life has no meaning objectively.

Life is neutral as it has no purpose to be lived. The things that surround us do not have a sense of existence other than what they are made of: The water to drink, the sun to warm, the feet to walk, the eyes to see. When you overthink the purpose of existence of these elements to find a more "comforting" answer you will not find any answer. Humans are capable of giving value to things that are simply absurd or empty. One of these things is the universe. The planets, stars, meteorites, etc, have no other purpose than to exist. We humans were the ones who, based on these apparently insignificant things, gave it value based on our morals, beliefs, actions or traditions.

So, if we think for a long time, we can conclude that life has no purpose other than to be lived. The only thing we can do is give that same life a meaning.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, eldiablo666 and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there's not much point to the universe is if it just a one time ride, it been better to of never existed at all, we sure do go into the void of none existance but for how long i wonder? maybe forever maybe not who knowns, i'd love to live forever but under better circumstance, all we can do is hope for something better than what life is like now

Reactions: sserafim, katagiri83 and theboy
C

ctbontime

Aug 20, 2022
your post reminded me of a song...

Why am I fighting to live if I'm just living to fight?
Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?
Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?
Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Hollowillow and theboy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see absolutely no reason to stay alive. There simply isn't any. There is no point to me enduring this life when instead I could be peacefully not existing. Life is completely unnecessary and there is no need for life to even be a thing in the first place. We were all perfectly fine not existing until we were forced to live. The idea that life has any meaning or purpose is a delusion. Humans suffer for the sake of it just to die eventually anyway. Non existence will always be preferable to living and the only reason as to why I still exist is that we live in a world that makes dying as difficult as possible for us.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, universe, Szinuus and 1 other person
G

gimzero

Student
Aug 15, 2022
Its like we live in a matrix system and we cant get out it seem that its all in our minds but we cant see the exit or find it only with suicide we cant leave and then who know.

Reactions: sserafim and theboy
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
there's not much point to the universe is if it just a one time ride, it been better to of never existed at all, we sure do go into the void of none existance but for how long i wonder? maybe forever maybe not who knowns, i'd love to live forever but under better circumstance, all we can do is hope for something better than what life is like now
Yes this exactly. I ask this question to myself all the time--there must be something more. I want to live on forever, I want my consciousness to persist--believe it or not I love myself. I want to die not out of self-hatred, but out of mercy to myself. My consciousness deserves a better vessel, my soul deserve to be free. What I hate is the pain, what I loathe is the suffering, but I love life and I know I am more than just a body--and if death can offer me a chance at both an escape from pain and a better experience, then so be it!

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Per Ardua Ad Astra
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
I ask myself this question every day. The relationship of society and people to death appeals to me. We are bound to die one day, it is inevitable and it is always presented as a tragedy, nonsense when it is the most banal event in the world. I think it has to do with people's relationship to life: they cling to it desperately, try to find meaning in it and convince themselves that it really has meaning without ever showing any humility. Because to think that our life has a meaning, that the human being was chosen, that he is naturally at the top on the Earth, that he is absolutely wonderful and that the species must perpetuate itself eternally, it is not having realized our uselessness.

I believe that it is very difficult to live in this society when we are intimately convinced that life has no meaning. We are completely out of step with the others, we are no longer really part of the living world. It is not worth living because in any case, it will end and will have been for nothing.

Reactions: sserafim
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Normies live for the experience since they are already here and there is so much to see and do. Sadly for us here it's not the case, but I can see it from the normie's point of view, it's just that I wasn't blessed with the same circumstances so I ended up seeing life for what it really is.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Per Ardua Ad Astra, gomenasai and 1 other person
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
At first, it seems very stupid to ask yourself this question but after thinking about it, you really find that life has no meaning objectively.

Life is neutral as it has no purpose to be lived. The things that surround us do not have a sense of existence other than what they are made of: The water to drink, the sun to warm, the feet to walk, the eyes to see. When you overthink the purpose of existence of these elements to find a more "comforting" answer you will not find any answer. Humans are capable of giving value to things that are simply absurd or empty. One of these things is the universe. The planets, stars, meteorites, etc, have no other purpose than to exist. We humans were the ones who, based on these apparently insignificant things, gave it value based on our morals, beliefs, actions or traditions.

So, if we think for a long time, we can conclude that life has no purpose other than to be lived. The only thing we can do is give that same life a meaning.
I can't repeat the long post I just made. But basically, yes, the goal of life is to live. To explore the infinire possibilities of quantum physics. If we think money, drugs, status is more important than the life that sustains us... We'll be in pain.
your post reminded me of a song...

Why am I fighting to live if I'm just living to fight?
Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?
Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?
Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die?
Wow!

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
coz dying is hard do. not easy to drink sn when thing worked on for year continue nag pull at heart when try to take sn/prep sn
not easy !

Reactions: sserafim and Hollowillow
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
The reason why this isn't talked about more is because normies and pro lifers are too busy distracting themselves from life's utter meaninglessness. They can't take the truth
Yes this exactly. I ask this question to myself all the time--there must be something more. I want to live on forever, I want my consciousness to persist--believe it or not I love myself. I want to die not out of self-hatred, but out of mercy to myself. My consciousness deserves a better vessel, my soul deserve to be free. What I hate is the pain, what I loathe is the suffering, but I love life and I know I am more than just a body--and if death can offer me a chance at both an escape from pain and a better experience, then so be it!
Would you rather die of a stroke and suffer in pain and agony your last breaths
OR
take N and fall asleep?

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
The reason why this isn't talked about more is because normies and pro lifers are too busy distracting themselves from life's utter meaninglessness. They can't take the truth

Would you rather die of a stroke and suffer in pain and agony your last breaths
OR
take N and fall asleep?
I feel like I constantly gave strokes. I wish I had N. Or moved to a place without the chemical.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Survival instinct, we are hardcoded by nature to live as long as we can.

Fucking hate Survival instinct its a bitch.

"Self-preservation is a behavior or set of behaviors that ensures the survival of an organism.[1] It is thought to be universal among all living organisms. For sentient organisms, pain and fear are integral parts of this mechanism."

E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
The only reason nature gives you: procreate.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim, Pentobarbital_Plz and Un-
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Well, I don't think something has to last forever to have meaning or worth. Now, do I think my life has been worth it? No, not at all. However, I can still see that it's possible for others to have good lives and I don't begrudge them for it.

Reactions: sserafim and Per Ardua Ad Astra
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
What if I tell you that's exactly one major reason most people live and the most compelling (but not definitive obviously) argument against suicide?

L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
The thing that bugs me at the moment is unless you become super rich and famous no one will remember you. You're born through no fault of your own and if you fuck up in your formative years, its quite hard to leave yourself a legacy and then you die.

Leemel

Leemel

Sep 30, 2022
If it was easy to die, we all would be dead already, unless we don't want to die that is.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Dead Meat