• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
All jokes aside, why do something at all? There isn't any viable argument against the NEET lifestyle. Humans are a pain to deal with. Society is a pain to deal with. Why participate in it at all

• Hugs
Reactions: JKFleck, WhatPowerIs, Saturn_ and 14 others
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Well NEETs are unfortunately useless for the society as they don't contribute to the economy. Most people are forced or have no choice but to work to survive. That's how governments operate countries and their growth, by making us dependent on them forever. It's a cycle. You can choose to not participate in it but realistically only way to do it is to be rich and independent or have the possibility to be a NEET for the rest of your life. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a NEET, but objectively you contribute nothing to others, which is why they will hate you for that. We were all burdened within this existence and didn't choose to participate in all of this. So it's unfair to be judged for something you didn't choose.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TaffyFlounder, Hotsackage, darkenmydoorstep and 6 others
Vicolo cieco

Vicolo cieco

Student
May 14, 2024
The only argument is that people must pull their own weight when it comes to survival.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The argument against it is that some of the members from that site are making this one a worse experience.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The argument against it is that some of the members from that site are making this one a worse experience.
I mean like being a NEET in general. And I didn't get this from that site, I got it from the comment section of an anti-NEET video. There's no good argument against NEETing. Everyone would be able to NEET if there were UBI. No one actually *wants* to work, they just do it because it's necessary to survive

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, Rocinante, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I mean like being a NEET in general. And I didn't get this from that site, I got it from the comment section of an anti-NEET video. There's no good argument against NEETing. Everyone would be able to NEET if there were UBI. No one actually *wants* to work, they just do it because it's necessary to survive
UBI can't exist without some people working still though. In that scenario those people would be even bigger cucks for choosing to work when they literally don't have to. 😔

There isn't a good argument against being a NEET if you can actually support it but that's the key is that you have to be lucky enough to have someone willing to support that lifestyle for you in the first place. Or you could be even luckier and come across the fortune to do it yourself but that's even less likely.

I'm not trying to argue against it really, especially not for you. Go ahead and drain your parents' wallets because you might as well while you can.

Reactions: jar-baby, derpyderpins, CelestialDiana and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
UBI can't exist without some people working still though. In that scenario those people would be even bigger cucks for choosing to work when they literally don't have to. 😔

There isn't a good argument against being a NEET if you can actually support it but that's the key is that you have to be lucky enough to have someone willing to support that lifestyle for you in the first place. Or you could be even luckier and come across the fortune to do it yourself but that's even less likely.

I'm not trying to argue against it really, especially not for you. Go ahead and drain your parents' wallets because you might as well while you can.
What's the point in participating in society though? Can you give me a good, valid reason? Anyways, my parents *chose* to have children. I never chose to be born. Therefore, because they brought me into existence, I believe that they have a responsibility to provide for me for my whole life. I wouldn't be here and forced to go through this torture called existence if they hadn't fucked. What's the point of being born just to be a wageslave and have to work your life away? It's cucked. If I had a kid, I would support them for life and not force them to be independent. I guess it's time for me to find a rich husband lol. I want someone to support and provide for me. Life itself (especially how people have to work for a living just to survive) is basically suifuel. I will NEET until I reach the end of my rope, then I'll rope

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, ijustwishtodie, JKFleck and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a NEET
There isn't. As long as you don't expect someone else to pay your bills.

• Love
Reactions: derpyderpins and divinemistress36
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What's the point in participating in society though? Can you give me a good, valid reason? Anyways, my parents *chose* to have children. I never chose to be born. Therefore, because they brought me into existence, I believe that they have a responsibility to provide for me for my whole life. I wouldn't be here and forced to go through this torture called existence of they hadn't fucked. What's the point of being born just to be a wageslave? That's cucked. If I had a kid, I would support them for life and not force them to be independent. I guess it's time for me to find a rich husband lol. I want someone to support me
The only point in participating in society is for people to like you but that's a flimsy enough point that it doesn't matter for everyone. I don't believe it's necessarily true that we didn't choose to be born. I can think of lots of reasons I'd want to be born personally even if they aren't enough to make me want to die any less at the moment.

Also I find it shocking you'd want to support a kid. Are you sure you'd still want to do that even if doing so would make it more difficult for you to live like a NEET? Why not raise your kids to be perfect at supporting your NEET lifestyle even if your husband is gone instead? Though that's assuming you have any in the first place which I doubt you'd want no matter which way it goes…

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
There isn't. As long as you don't expect someone else to pay your bills.
Of course, that goes without saying. You should never expect others to feel obliged to take responsibility for that.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
S

Slough Walker

Apr 22, 2024
What's the point in participating in society though? Can you give me a good, valid reason? Anyways, my parents *chose* to have children. I never chose to be born. Therefore, because they brought me into existence, I believe that they have a responsibility to provide for me for my whole life. I wouldn't be here and forced to go through this torture called existence if they hadn't fucked. What's the point of being born just to be a wageslave and have to work your life away? It's cucked. If I had a kid, I would support them for life and not force them to be independent. I guess it's time for me to find a rich husband lol. I want someone to support and provide for me. Life itself (especially how people have to work for a living just to survive) is basically suifuel. I will NEET until I reach the end of my rope, then I'll rope
Have you ever tasted freedom? Have you ever been apart from your family of origin financially and emotionally? Have you ever been able to tell your parents in person, over the phone, in email, or by letter exactly how you feel about them letting your life get to this point and their failures as parents? I'm certain the answer is "no", because you are financially dependent upon them.

I have. I didn't feel strong or victorious. My feeling was more like walking out of an authoritarian environment - the military, a prison, etc. - and noticing the enormity of the world and my smallness within it. Then, I began the incredibly difficult work of searching for my niche and building new core values from scratch separate from the toxic values of my family of origin. That is the price of freedom: Your controllers / abusers are no longer around to dictate your decisions.

You do pay for being a NEET: You swallow all the resentment you rightfully feel toward your family of origin because to alienate them would be to lose their support. To choose to receive their support and to swallow the resentment is a valid choice, but why bother justifying yourself? If your parents' support ended, your NEET lifestyle would end. Also, you are giving up the experience of freedom from your family of origin. Maybe it would be thrilling, maybe horrifying, maybe both. But you fear the big bad world outside - rightly so, based on my experience - so you sit at home still being supported by the parents who caused all your suffering in the first place. Again, a valid choice, but why promote it as desirable?

[Edit: Typos]

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: derpyderpins, jar-baby, divinemistress36 and 4 others
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Have you ever tasted freedom? Have you ever been apart from your family of origin financially and emotionally? Have you ever been able to tell your parents in person, over the phone, in email, or by letter exactly how you feel about them letting your life get to this point and their failures as parents? I'm certain the answer is "no", because you are financially dependent upon them.

I have. I didn't feel strong or victorious. My feeling was more like walking out of an authoritarian environment - the military, a prison, etc. - and noticing the enormity of the world and my smallness within it. Then, I began the incredibly difficult work of searching for my niche and building new core values from scratch separate from the toxic values of my family of origin. That is the price of freedom: Your controllers / abusers are no longer around to dictate your decisions.

You do pay for being a NEET: You swallow all the resentment you rightfully feel toward your family of origin because to alienate them would be to lose their support. To choose to receive their support and to swallow the resentment is a valid choice, but why bother justifying yourself? If your parents' support ended, your NEET lifestyle would end. Also, you are giving up the experience of freedom from your family of origin. Maybe it would be thrilling, maybe horrifying, maybe both. But you fear the big bad world outside - rightly so, based on my experience - so you sit at home still being supported by the parents who caused all your suffering in the first place. Again, a valid choice, but why promote it as desirable?

[Edit: Typos]
I agree with you as a NEET but I want to add some points as someone from the spectrum, IK she's from the spectrum as does a lot of us NEETs.

It's hard for many of us NEETs to integrate into a group. Also, I think for most of us money isn't a good motivator. There's also developmental struggles ig which is adding to this. Add trauma to this mixture after years of loneliness. It bogs you down despite having many special interests.

I think society needs to support us more right from schooling. So that we don't feel like we have to fend for ourselves. If I have to do interviews, I get scrutinized by a bunch of people being sensitive to rejection. Wherever I go I feel like it's me against the world, and it's so tiring to just show up.

Some NEETs look down up the working class and I don't identify with them. If we don't have people working, the machinery of society won't run smoothly as it is.

This is why it's hard to break off the familial dependence. For me, it's not by choice, I just hate being alive like this.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Because not everyone has someone who is willing to take care of them. For a lot of people, the choice is destitution, homelessness, hunger, the danger of being on the streets or- conform to try and support themselves.

Not everyone is comfortable taking money from other people either. It's debatable as to whether that's a fair guilt to carry. Ultimately, if it's parents- they chose to have us at the end of the day.

If it's wider society though- sorry to be unkind but- why should the working population pay taxes to pay benefits to people who simply can't be arsed? Not saying that's the same for all NEETS. Some will be genuinely incapable of working. Of course- there needs to be disability benefit.

Still- no point in pretending there aren't people who milk the system. I worked with some! Not that I blame them. It's the system at fault. But basically- they wouldn't do more hours at work- even though they were perfectly capable of it- because it would have compromised their benefits. Again- I don't blame them. We all hated that job. But- why should I do it more than them? I doubt that job was good for anyone's mental health. I was definitely more suicidal there. Other relative normies said they cried every morning before going in. Who actually is all that suitable for working at the end of the day?

The issue is- NEETS rely on other people to work in order to support them. That assumes that these other people are capable of working- are they? That the work they do doesn't damage their health. It probably does. And that they actually want to work in the first place. Many people don't. Many people would love to become NEET given the choice. What happens if we all do it though?

Who pays the bills? Who actually works the service jobs? Who grows the food and sells it? Imagine if no one worked! We'd all have to start working then- otherwise, we'd starve! So it then becomes- it's ok for some people to work but, not others. Really? I mean- maybe. Some disabilities likely prevent someone working. If it's choice though, why don't we all have that choice? Because we can't ultimately. It relies on someone being willing to fund us. Not everyone has that.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
Absolutely, why do we have to "Find your passion" and be a wage slave around that thing at all? Why do society says we have to like something and turn that thing into work? I doubt there's anything that people would enjoy working for a long time even if it's something they initially like
The only point in participating in society is for people to like you but that's a flimsy enough point that it doesn't matter for everyone. I don't believe it's necessarily true that we didn't choose to be born. I can think of lots of reasons I'd want to be born personally even if they aren't enough to make me want to die any less at the moment.

Also I find it shocking you'd want to support a kid. Are you sure you'd still want to do that even if doing so would make it more difficult for you to live like a NEET? Why not raise your kids to be perfect at supporting your NEET lifestyle even if your husband is gone instead? Though that's assuming you have any in the first place which I doubt you'd want no matter which way it goes…
She said " If I had a kid" which if she's being an awesome of a person she is, she'd only have one if she have the means to both NEET-tify herself and her kid for a full lifetime
Why should we praise or be thankful to our parents at all for funding our lives when they're merely just paying back the debt they owe to us for forcing birth to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, ijustwishtodie and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
She said " If I had a kid" which if she's being an awesome of a person she is, she'd only have one if she have the means to both NEET-tify herself and her kid for a full lifetime
I somehow doubt it would be possible to live such a life that supports two individuals unfortunately unless she either gets really lucky or does some initial work and then gets really lucky anyway.

Reactions: JKFleck
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What do you mean by your last part where you say "making this one a worse experience"? I know the site that you're talking about but I'm not sure what the last part of your sentence means. Could you clarify?

Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What do you mean by your last part where you say "making this one a worse experience"? I know the site that you're talking about but I'm not sure what the last part of your sentence means. Could you clarify?
The fellas from there seem to not be interested in suicide at all. They just came here to troll. At least that was my impression.

Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
All jokes aside, why do something at all? There isn't any viable argument against the NEET lifestyle. Humans are a pain to deal with. Society is a pain to deal with. Why participate in it at all
I think something you need to recognize is that on this issue you have a couple personal blocks. First, you don't want there to be an answer. Change is very scary to you and you want to logic your way into never trying anything. Second is that while you ask the question generally, you are only applying it to you.

These two synergize for you to always "win." Any answer given, regardless of logic or backing resources or experiences, can be hand-waived by you because of your supposed preferences. In this way, you've set the rules of the discussion (really an argument) up so that those opposed to your stance must deal in the objective while you get the benefit of the subjective. (Eg, "you should do things because X is good and you can only have X if you do things. Here is some data showing people who do X are happier and more fulfilled and always have been." "Well yeah but my names @sserafim and I'm too smart and awesome and they're dumb normies, I know I don't like X and I don't have to try X to know I don't like it.") I guess that is helpful if your goal is to "own" or "burn" the Normies, but know that this is not a way to actually grow. Returning to my original point, you aren't asking this question in an honest attempt at a discussion. You only want validation that your current path is right. It's not an intellectual approach.

Maybe you should try arguing the flip side sometime. It's very productive to take up the position opposite yourself from time to time.

• Informative
Reactions: Tesha and Dr Iron Arc
T

timetodie24

Arcanist
Apr 14, 2023
I'm a NEET myself but i don't like being one. I'm just not able to work atm.

But how would society work if everyone was a NEET ? Ok so you say a UBI but then how does society function ? We need drs, retail workers, cleaners, public transport workers etc. A lot of jobs need education and training too.
If people only work for money, as you say, then surely no one is going to volunteer to do those jobs ? Maybe i'm being dumb but i don't see how it could ever be possible .
I understand if you think humans shouldn't exist at all then it doesn't matter. But human race isnt going extinct anytime soon so it's not going to work

Reactions: willitpass and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023

But how would society work if everyone was a NEET ? Ok so you say a UBI but then how does society function ? We need drs, retail workers, cleaners, public transport workers etc. A lot of jobs need education and training too.
If people only work for money, as you say, then surely no one is going to volunteer to do those jobs ? Maybe i'm being dumb but i don't see how it could ever be possible .
I understand if you think humans shouldn't exist at all then it doesn't matter. But human race isnt going extinct anytime soon so it's not going to work
There's never a firm answer to this. But her parameters are just for her. Everyone else's suffering or effort or enslavement is invalid or at best irrelevant. She's asking from a purely personal standpoint and trying to push aside any thoughts about morality in favor of practicality. Why should SHE not be a NEET while right now her parents begrudgingly provide for her? (And I'll save you the trouble - arguments about the sustainability of the situation are met with 'well I'll just ctb when it's over.' As I said above, it's presented as a general discussion, but it's really tailored to her.)

Reactions: timetodie24
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023

I'm an extremist, To solve that dilemma I'd say.....

Just voluntarily go extinct, humans

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
If you're lucky enough to find a job you enjoy then working isn't that bad. Also the idea of nobody working, as others said, isn't possible. Who's going to farm? Who's going to make the food? Who's going to build buildings? What if someone's sick and needs a hospital?

Reactions: timetodie24 and JKFleck
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Specialist
Mar 6, 2024
Everyone would be able to NEET if there were UBI
That's why there will never be UBI. Making a limited resource unlimited would render it worthless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
... So, no one would be able to NEET in that scenario.

Reactions: derpyderpins
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no objective reason to do anything at all.

The only reason i do anything is to avoid pain . so i have to work or i'll be homeless and starving for example.but i wouldn't have to do even that or anything if i kill myself. and that is only one reason for me to kill myself asap. I don't want to do all that work chores , fix problems suffer struggle just so i won't be homeless.

I don't get it how other people don't see it irl groceries have to eat 3 times a day etc

Reactions: sserafim and Vicolo cieco
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024

NEET isn't ideal because it's ultimately not sustainable and essentially leeching off of working people.

I'm a NEET and there is literally zero point to my existence: I just eat, sleep and browse the internet.

If I could trade my organs for humane euthanasia I absolutely would.

Admittedly, those who don't wish to participate in life should eventually be given the option of euthanasia/assisted dying — the only reason I'm still here is fear of a traumatic suicide.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
There is no fulfillment I get out of anything but living a NEET lifestyle of endless self-indulgence. When I can't sustain that anymore, I'll probably kill myself. People, relationships and obligations are unfulfilling, unreliable and not worth living for. Why allow myself to be co-opted as another slave in a long line of the billions of others that are complacent with an inherently corrupt way of being? "Uselessness" is the ultimate guilt trip. Might as well live by your own terms if no one else will extend a hand and lift you back up. Everyone around me only acts in self interest, and so will I. I am selfish, therefore I am free.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins, sserafim and Vicolo cieco
todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
I
I think the whole problem is u look at everything u do in the way of "what's in this for me?" I don't understand why you think anyone should even support your neet life style? What's in it for them? Someone has to put in what you will not right? Your family? Society? Like if you have a free life, then accept it? Or not? Most ppl don't have have the choice of a free neet life, it's not really a problem that many ppl face

There isn't really any objective reason to do anything. U do it because u want to or because if u have to.

Are you trying to convince others or are you trying to convince yourself? You will never really convince others on this point one way or another. Ultimately anyone who is supporting your lifestyle, for example anyone in society, will say no thanks because they are putting in the effort to contribute while you are getting a free ride. You will never really convince them. society works because people put in the effort for themselves and for others, and ppl contribute what they can and do what they can/want to/good at. If everyone neets then there would be nothing for anyone? Ppl who disagree will not be convinced.

If you are trying to convince yourself then you should just do what's right for you? You don't need anyone's justification or approval. Ultimately if you can live with the concept of someone else providing for you, and they are happy to do that, and you want to live this way, then why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: jar-baby and derpyderpins