W

Worthless loser

Feb 13, 2020
Therapists, my parents, random people I talk with online - they all lie to me and tell me my life is not over. They try to make the argument that these are feelings I have and not reality. But they are not me. They don't live my miserable life, they aren't privy to my lifelong pattern of failure and mediocrity, they aren't being realistic about my dearth of opportunities in this world, and most of all, they cannot fathom the depth of my emotional brokenness and how weak and pathetic my psyche is.

I just want people to agree with me that my life is over, because with that comes the implicit consent that it would be better for me to die. I really would be better off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, BabyYoda and Woodnote
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Right. They aren't you. They exist in their own paradigm as you do yours. Just as you don't have to agree with their statements, they don't have to agree with you either.

You don't need their consent. That's what this place is about. The freedom of choice. You get to decide ultimately what happens to you.

Do we want you to stay? I can't speak for anyone except myself. But I want you to stay. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but whatever you decide to do, I'll support you. However I won't give you "consent" because it's not mine to give. If you want my opinion: choose to live.

Reactions: alexK
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Only you can determine whether the life is over or not.
People around you are probably healthy, stable and prosperous so they see the world through pink glasses.
It is up to you to decide what to do with your life and how to treat you.
Would you ask about wine a person who never drank wine?

Reactions: Skathon
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
You're right, they're not you. Everyone is different and I feel like they tell you those things because maybe, if they were in your situation, going through what you're going through and they're having the feelings you have, they would be able to bear that. Some of us can deal with certain situations and feelings but another person may not be able to. There's only so much we can bear, only you know how you feel and the intensity of your pain. Even if we tell someone, they don't actually understand because they're not going through it.