9amar

9amar

Aug 20, 2024
I'm not sure if people here are on the same page as i am but i don't think people are entitled to my life or my cooperation, my life didn't happen with my own consent, therefore any terms that come from it are not binding.

do you think the same way too ?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, vampire2002, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
People tend to have strong reactions when their fundamental beliefs are challenged.

If "life should be preserved at all possible costs" is a fundamental belief for somebody, then any challenge to that is going to invoke an emotional reaction on some level. Some people have a harder time controlling their emotions than others and can be more prone to personalization.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, 9amar, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, personally I see so much cruelty in how there's the absence of the option for me to just painlessly die as I never would have chose to exist, I've never wished to exist and never would do no matter what. I only hope for eternal nothingness where I'm no longer burdened with this existence I always saw as undesirable, I wish to be permanently unable to suffer in any way.

• Love
Reactions: 9amar
R

ramon

Aug 10, 2024
[...] i don't think people are entitled to my life or my cooperation
Totally agree with you

I am one of those who believes some of our decisions (if not most of them) are ruled by primitive instincts of survival as a specie. Primitive instincts that, deep down, prioritize having as many of us as possible to increase the odds of surviving the elements of this planet and disregard the emotional needs of the individual.

In other words, for pro-lifers, your life is not valuable because of the benefits your individuality comes with. Actually, is valuable as a number that helps keep the status-quo.

T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I'm not sure if people here are on the same page as i am but i don't think people are entitled to my life or my cooperation, my life didn't happen with my own consent, therefore any terms that come from it are not binding.

do you think the same way too ?
People such as that are brainwashed and are incapable of empathy because they are so used to dealing with depression by taking their sadness and anger out on others that they've grown vain.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
Because it's an affront to their beliefs and values. Most people are raised to value life by there teachers and parents, and so when someone expresses the idea that maybe the human life we are taught to value Arbitrarily, isn't as Great as they have been told to believe, it seems as though you are attacking them, for there want to live. They feel A societal need to coerce you back to there way of thinking, and take it as a personal insult to them that you don't comply.

Society also raises us to be members of our community, they raise us to contribute to it, and so when you are perceived as not contributing by others, you are viewed as being led astray, and that it's societies duty to bring you back into the fold, even if it means violating your own wants and decisions. Thus they feel as though they have a right over you, and your life, and they chose to view you as being there own property, as though you're a child or pet.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, 9amar, vampire2002 and 1 other person