Faejin

Faejin

Feb 10, 2023
I am tired non-stop, but I still carry on and do this to better a future when I know that I won't be around to see the result of it all.

Why do I even do anything by this point? Why eat, drink, sleep, work, study? Should I not spend the rest of the time I give myself just having fun?

I always feel tired as if five trucks were on my back at all times, but I just keep going and I don't know why. Is it a sliver of hope that I'll get my will to live back? Or just plain obligation? I already wasted my youth by beating myself up over my mistakes, there's no point bothering to fix or solve anything now.

As a child I took a vow on my life to never willingly drink alcohol. Meaning that I would have to kill myself if I do. Why don't I just go get drunk for once and just end it?

I can't recall the last time I felt anything noteworthy except being exhausted all of the time. I have no motivation and not nearly enough discipline to keep this up, so why do I?

I know that there is no point to it, but yet I force myself up to do it anyways and I have no clue why. It just feels like I have to, an obligation or duty. Even if it makes my last few months hell too I know that I'll probably just keep at it for no reason except that I can.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimetoGo!, sunsetting and Forever Sleep
H

Havic228

Feb 14, 2023
I feel you, what you need is some nature therapy, I do this very often as I am quite over work since me and a friend have started making a business and over the past few years slaved away at our jobs and stock exchange to get the money we needed. But I take a weekend and I just rent a cottage or get a tent and hike for the weekend, trust me you will feel a difference in your life you'll be happier and not feel pointless. If you want to talk more pm me
Or just talk here

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Were you brought up with a strong work ethic- or need to achieve? I think that can influence us greatly.

I suppose- if we know we're going to be here for a while longer, there doesn't seem all that much choice in a way. If you've got no other means of support- then- you have to support yourself. If you start missing work and drinking etc. it may end up making your life worse.

Still- if you KNOW you want to go soon- maybe you should take some holiday. Do some of the things you've always wanted to try.

I suppose none of us absolutely know we're going to go ahead with it until the time comes. I think- to an extent- we just have to go through the motions until then.

I'm actually about to start a new job. That feels kind of ridiculous- because I'm desperate to CTB. Still, I don't feel like I can do it while my Dad is still alive and I need to support myself financially. Honestly- this change will almost certainly make things worse for me but I guess there's the tinniest chance they could improve. If they do- I ought to go with it really. I have no idea how long I'll have to wait- so- may as well make the time as bearable as possible.

I wish you all the best- whatever you decide to do. I do hope you can do some stuff that's nice though- may as well make the most of the time left.

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
You're living life on autopilot just the the majority of the population, sometimes I'm so involved in the "programming" that I can't even feel time pass. Don't think that those who drink are happier, they're doing the same thing as you but they add the intoxication routine once in a while in their lives and act like they're enjoying life fully. Funny you took that vow without trying alcohol not ever once. I don't drink it but that's because the taste of alcohol feels disgusting to me and the most I've ever enjoyed it is when it's added in a recipe.

Faejin

Faejin

Feb 10, 2023
Funny you took that vow without trying alcohol not ever once.
I believe that a man is only worth as much as their word and due to growing up by lying about literally anything I could for attention I started taking those vows far more seriously after the age of fifteen or so.

How I picked up the no drinking alcohol willingly vow is actually quite funny as Lil'faejin heard that alcoholism was very common amongst the men in his family tree and made a vow on his life at the age of like nine without understanding it at all. Normally, you would just toss such an impulsive vow aside, but I got to try to hold on to any honesty I can.

(Lil'faejin = Me, but at like nine years old.)

Reactions: sunsetting
Faejin

Faejin

Feb 10, 2023
Were you brought up with a strong work ethic- or need to achieve? I think that can influence us greatly.

I suppose- if we know we're going to be here for a while longer, there doesn't seem all that much choice in a way. If you've got no other means of support- then- you have to support yourself. If you start missing work and drinking etc. it may end up making your life worse.

Still- if you KNOW you want to go soon- maybe you should take some holiday. Do some of the things you've always wanted to try.

I suppose none of us absolutely know we're going to go ahead with it until the time comes. I think- to an extent- we just have to go through the motions until then.

I'm actually about to start a new job. That feels kind of ridiculous- because I'm desperate to CTB. Still, I don't feel like I can do it while my Dad is still alive and I need to support myself financially. Honestly- this change will almost certainly make things worse for me but I guess there's the tinniest chance they could improve. If they do- I ought to go with it really. I have no idea how long I'll have to wait- so- may as well make the time as bearable as possible.

I wish you all the best- whatever you decide to do. I do hope you can do some stuff that's nice though- may as well make the most of the time left.
I have like four months at least as I have some stuff I have to do before I catch the buss along with choosing a method and preparing for it. I will be here for a decent bit longer unless things go much faster than I anticipated.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe people just carry on as doing such a thing is what they are used to. At the end of the day everything is pointless and just serves as a distraction from the fact that we will all die someday. I understand why you would feel so tired of it all though, but anyway best wishes.