CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Humans really got the short end of the stick with the dental stuff. Though, it's particularly bad for me because of my previous medical history. I should get some sleep but insomnia is screwing me over. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: myusername890, Watlock, outrider567 and 5 others
delusionalgirl

delusionalgirl

I have my ticket. Awaiting my journey
Jun 17, 2023
Oh let me tell you. I did an exam just to get a quote to fix my teeth. $10,000. I'm like what. That's with insurance. I don't have credit cards. I have 3 teeth rotting out. It would be cheaper to pull my teeth and get a partial.

• Hugs
Reactions: outrider567, Boochky, CrazyDiamond04 and 1 other person
anklebiter

anklebiter

May 29, 2023
Humans really got the short end of the stick with the dental stuff. Though, it's particularly bad for me because of my previous medical history. I should get some sleep but insomnia is screwing me over. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.
Yeaaa makes it worse when you barley have the energy to brush your teeth to which then just causes more dental problems that are stupid expensive to fix

Reactions: chloramine, LittleJem and Boochky
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through such an awful time. Well, I asked that myself why human teeth can cause so much pain and trouble, why are they are not just "dead" like hair for example, or why don't they just grow again when they are broken or dead, like the teeth of a shark. I asked these questions decades ago when I had problems with my teeth, but didn't get a satisfying answer. We have good procedures to fix teeth given there is a good denstist available.

I wish you all the best!

Reactions: Crono, Watlock, outrider567 and 3 others
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Try antihystamines. They work for many of my toothaches, now that I know to use them. Takes sometimes a day for it to kick in, don't expect something instant, but it's worth a try... you get to a point where anything's worth a try.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Oh let me tell you. I did an exam just to get a quote to fix my teeth. $10,000. I'm like what. That's with insurance. I don't have credit cards. I have 3 teeth rotting out. It would be cheaper to pull my teeth and get a partial.
Jeez. That tracks though, Dental care is so obnoxiously expensive, it's utterly insane. My teeth have been a disaster since birth and at this point I've just accepted that they're likely not going to get any better.
Try antihystamines. They work for many of my toothaches, now that I know to use them. Takes sometimes a day for it to kick in, don't expect something instant, but it's worth a try... you get to a point where anything's worth a try.
It's actually not toothaches for me, it's mainly pretty bad periodontal disease and problems related to the gums. I have it mostly under control now but it still sucks, especially since the damage is permanent.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The human body is just a disgusting, decaying flesh prison that can torture us to unlimited amounts. I think it's irrational to actually want to be trapped inside it.

Reactions: Watlock and Praestat_Mori
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
When I've had problems in the past I have found that ibuprofen works most of the time to take the edge off. Additionally, I have used a product called "Mouth Sore" by Oral-B along with their pain ointment with great success.

Watlock

Watlock

I just assume everyone hates me.
Jun 8, 2023
The price for dental work is outrageous, considering teeth are so important for day to day life. Quality of life. It should be illegal to make someone pay over 200 dollars for a root canal. Even i think 200 dollars is too much but I'm being generous. If you want happy people you provide them with quality of life services that won't put them into crippling debt. Even though I'm completely broken and hate my life, I brush and waterpik everyday because I wont allow myself to suffer like that in addition to my baseline being alive suffering… I also will not be in debt to some scum sucking dentist.

CarambaAlbum

CarambaAlbum

Jun 16, 2023
I have gnawing, constant toothache. The only escape from the pain is sleeping. Nothing else is working, the ibuprofen has stopped working. Dental surgeries are too expensive. It feels like I'm in the last stages of my life.

S

suffernomore4

Jan 24, 2023
I suggest you remove sugar-laden processed food from your diet. Excess sugar contributes to gum disease and tooth decay by making your mouth acidic; it also feeds the pathogenic bacteria that are in your mouth. Mouth breathing can make your saliva acidic and dry out your mouth (less saliva to wash away plaque). Water flossing is effective against gum disease especially when you add an additive to it. Try using a bass toothbrush with the modified bass technique to help disrupt plaque under the gums. In addition, use a tongue scraper to remove biofilm from your tongue. If you have the means, try to find a holistic dentist that has a phase contrast microscope to see what kind of microorganism are present in your mouth. The dentist can use laser or ozone therapy to eradicate the bad bugs in your gums. Hope this helps.