Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
What should've been a simple transition over from an old 6 year phone to a new phone has turned into a nightmare. It took 4 hours to switch from one mobile company to another and when I tried to sign into 2 of my social media accounts later on, I put in the right number and it sent it to a different phone and the person took control and hacked both of my accounts which one was almost 10 years old and I lost a bunch of memories. I ended up freaking out while on my way to work as the person was taking over and I started dissociating and hallucinating which then turned into hyperventilating and eventually tearing up :( I hate when people think bad of me so I was really anxious when they were taking over as I didn't want people to think I was saying horrible things

Then I went back to the phone company I got my new phone from because I couldn't get any verification codes from a lot of websites and they couldn't help me and told me to call tech support instead.

Why can't anything be simple and easy? I feel like when something good happens, something bad happens after. I feel like I have no control over my life. From my mom controlling me to my dad, my supervisors etc. I thought about crashing my car into a guardrail the night of (not really my preferred method) and now I'm regretting not doing it

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WanderingWater, NumbItAll, VerbalWinter and 9 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'm sorry for all those troubles. It really feels like those companies can't do anything right, it's like with the DMV and all that too, so much managerial bullshit until something finally gets done - and often times they send you away anyway! I wish things were way simpler, I can't believe there are people who think this is all okay.

Reactions: Squiddy and newave3
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I just use a computer. I have a phone but nothing on it. I don't understand how anyone can carry all their information on a phone. If it gets stolen that's game over. I think two step verification is very bad since it relies on a device which is, well, mobile and so has a high chance of being stolen or destroyed. Also if you lose it it's hard to get anywhere without pay phones which are decreasing.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I know you probably feel like killing yourself but it will pass you will have to ride out the anxiety of what just happened until your brain is used to it.

Reactions: ForeverLonely82, VerbalWinter, obafgkm and 2 others
andro_nimo

andro_nimo

May 28, 2022
life would be easier if the world and society didn't come up with so much BS and bureaucracy

Reactions: ForeverLonely82, VerbalWinter, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I suppose you didn't feel this way just because of the phone but because it is one problem after another, its desperate. I thought this year was going to be better and I have a rib injury of unknown origin which is very uncomfortable both standing, sitting and lying down and you can't breathe well. Life is a senseless shit. For some people it's like a gruesome game. I wish i can leave the next year at the latest and never come back.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: VerbalWinter, Sakura94 and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I just use a computer. I have a phone but nothing on it. I don't understand how anyone can carry all their information on a phone. If it gets stolen that's game over. I think two step verification is very bad since it relies on a device which is, well, mobile and so has a high chance of being stolen or destroyed. Also if you lose it it's hard to get anywhere without pay phones which are decreasing.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I know you probably feel like killing yourself but it will pass you will have to ride out the anxiety of what just happened until your brain is used to it.
I won't be using 2 step ever again unless it's necessary

I suppose you didn't feel this way just because of the phone but because it is one problem after another, its desperate. I thought this year was going to be better and I have a rib injury of unknown origin which is very uncomfortable both standing, sitting and lying down and you can't breathe well. Life is a senseless shit. For some people it's like a gruesome game. I wish i can leave the next year at the latest and never come back.
The phone was the sprinkles on top of the cake.

I hope you're able to figure out the cause of your rib injury

• Love
Reactions: VerbalWinter, Zegers and Sakura94
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
....because people complicate it themselves.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I won't be using 2 step ever again unless it's necessary
I wasn't just saying that rhetorically. I'm genuinely asking if there are solutions for this like to avoid 2-step or have 2-step in a normal device away from public in case I ever tried to have a normal life I can't see ever carrying a phone since I would lose everything. Hope you feel better soon, Squid.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm sorry this had to happen to you Squiddy. It wouldn't have been as bad if the person who got the verification codes had simply left them alone when they realized they were meant for someone else. Losing memories sucks and I probably would've had the same reaction.

Those social media accounts you lost, is there any way you can contact the sites that run them to ask for help? If you report that your accounts were hacked, maybe they can do something about it. Hopefully those memories don't have to be lost forever.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really horrible and stressful what you went through. I'm sorry that you suffer so much. It really is such a cruel and unfair life, and one of the things that bothers me about being alive is that there is an unlimited amount of things that can go wrong and there is no limit as to how bad things can get. Life just seems to be a lot of unnecessary problems and suffering, and things could easily get so much worse. We also cannot prepare ourselves for these bad things happening as the future is uncertain. I just want to be gone from this world, to me it is awful how life is even a thing in the first place.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I wasn't just saying that rhetorically. I'm genuinely asking if there are solutions for this like to avoid 2-step or have 2-step in a normal device away from public in case I ever tried to have a normal life I can't see ever carrying a phone since I would lose everything. Hope you feel better soon, Squid.
I'm not sure. I'm just glad I backed up most of my photos before it happened

I'm sorry this had to happen to you Squiddy. It wouldn't have been as bad if the person who got the verification codes had simply left them alone when they realized they were meant for someone else. Losing memories sucks and I probably would've had the same reaction.

Those social media accounts you lost, is there any way you can contact the sites that run them to ask for help? If you report that your accounts were hacked, maybe they can do something about it. Hopefully those memories don't have to be lost forever.
I tried the help center on one of them, but it wasn't very helpful. I was actually logged onto one of my accounts on my tablet and it hurts a little knowing that if I had remembered that I was logged onto it, I might've been able to stop the hacker immediately by kicking them off before they kicked me off

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream