GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I recently flew at night between Texas and Mexico over hundreds of miles with no cities to create light pollution, and I only saw, literally, a couple of stars. We were miles up in the air. There should have been millions visible.

Has anyone come across an explanation for this that doesn't involve light pollution?

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
SylvaanBanaan

SylvaanBanaan

Jun 19, 2019
I'm not sure but, i think it might have to do with the light in the cabin!
Also, did you try to look up from the window? Or did you just look out of the side?

I don't figure it'd be light pollution because you'd be up way too high, no?

Reactions: voyager, thepolarbear and Ame
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm not sure but, i think it might have to do with the light in the cabin!
Also, did you try to look up from the window? Or did you just look out of the side?

I don't figure it'd be light pollution because you'd be up way too high, no?

I don't see how the light in the cabin would affect what I saw out the window.

I looked up as well as from the side, but that would not have mattered because at that height most of the view is sky. To see something different, you have to look down.

Correct that it is too high for light pollution, and there was no civilization anywhere near to create any.

Thanks for responding!

Reactions: SylvaanBanaan
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I believe it's interference from the light inside the plane. Your eyes adjust to that, so you need a thick blanket or something over your head to see the stars.

Reactions: voyager and thepolarbear
thepolarbear

thepolarbear

'til we die
Dec 7, 2019
Your eyes adjust to the light levels inside the cabin = fucking your night vision = you cant see stars.

Reactions: voyager
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I have the feeling all of you are a good bit younger than me. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I'm 48 years old. I grew up in Phoenix, a very large city. We could see the stars at night, but in the desert around the Grand Canyon, or at the beach in northern Mexico, south of Phoenix, there were billions of stars.

Many have noticed there are less stars visible now, and I've read discussions about it, but a good answer is not forthcoming.

A couple years ago, I lived for a year in Guatemala in a highland area far removed from any cities, they were all little towns. There should have been billions of stars visible. There were some, but more like when I was in Phoenix from the 70s to the 90s.

I live in a large city in Mexico, nothing even remotely as huge as Mexico City, but it's big. There are only two stars visible every single night. And I can see them from the living room whether the light is on or not.

I've flown many times in my life, and as a kid, the stars were visible from the plane.

Up in the sky like that, crossing enormous expanses of desert and mountain, the sky should have been beautiful. I saw the same two stars I saw from where I live, and a couple more. Not even as many as I saw in Guatemala. Something is wrong.

I just can't buy the cabin lights theory.

Reactions: thelastchicken and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I have the feeling all of you are a good bit younger than me. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I'm 48 years old. I grew up in Phoenix, a very large city. We could see the stars at night, but in the desert around the Grand Canyon, or at the beach in northern Mexico, south of Phoenix, there were billions of stars.

Many have noticed there are less stars visible now, and I've read discussions about it, but a good answer is not forthcoming.

A couple years ago, I lived for a year in Guatemala in a highland area far removed from any cities, they were all little towns. There should have been billions of stars visible. There were some, but more like when I was in Phoenix from the 70s to the 90s.

I live in a large city in Mexico, nothing even remotely as huge as Mexico City, but it's big. There are only two stars visible every single night. And I can see them from the living room whether the light is on or not.

I've flown many times in my life, and as a kid, the stars were visible from the plane.

Up in the sky like that, crossing enormous expanses of desert and mountain, the sky should have been beautiful. I saw the same two stars I saw from where I live, and a couple more. Not even as many as I saw in Guatemala. Something is wrong.

There's a partial answer I can give. The known universe is expanding and as it does so the star light will become less visible. Until eventually there will be no visible stars at all. Humanity will most assuredly be extinct at this point of course.

The above scenario will have minor effects over generations. The biggest factor I can see right now is pollution and weather manipulation. All the crap we put in our atmosphere is likely starting to block our beautiful view.

8Tvunlb

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
There's a partial answer I can give. The known universe is expanding and as it does so the star light will become less visible. Until eventually there will be no visible stars at all. Humanity will most assuredly be extinct at this point of course.

The above scenario will have minor effects over generations. The biggest factor I can see right now is pollution and weather manipulation. All the crap we put in our atmosphere is likely starting to block our beautiful view.

View attachment 25252
Personally I don't think expansion would explain it. As you said, minor effects over generations.

I do think manipulation is the most likely cause. I was hoping when I posted that someone would say what the manipulation is. :heh:

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Personally I don't think expansion would explain it. As you said, minor effects over generations.

I do think manipulation is the most likely cause. I was hoping when I posted that someone would say what the manipulation is. :heh:

I'm still going with pollution and weather manipulation as the biggest KNOWN factors. But who the hell knows what they're putting in our atmosphere. Even Bill Gates has talked about dumping shit into it to try to block more solar rays and potentially slow global warming.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm still going with pollution and weather manipulation as the biggest KNOWN factors. But who the hell knows what they're putting in our atmosphere. Even Bill Gates has talked about dumping shit into it to try to block more solar rays and potentially slow global warming.
I read something last year, can't remember the source, a person wrote about going to Russia and on the radio there an announcer talked about how the government puts stuff in the clouds to stop precipitation. And yeah, that thing about Bill Gates pissed me right off. Something is really hinky, and I don't think there are benevolent intentions. If weather is being controlled, why aren't hurricanes stopped?

SylvaanBanaan

SylvaanBanaan

Jun 19, 2019

Those two stars you keep seeing; is it possible they are perhaps planets?
Planets in our solar system are far closer and therefore often much brighter, theres a possibility you could have seen mars/jupiter/saturn :')

Reactions: thelastchicken
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

At best we can see around 2500 - 3000 stars on any given night, and all of them are within Milky Way. Expansion is only measurable at very large scales such as between galaxies, clusters of galaxies and super clusters. We do not experience expansion within our galaxy to such a degree that it would cause star light to become unobservable. The distances are simply not big enough.

My money is on pollution, light pollution and reduced visibility due to being on a plane.
Those two stars you keep seeing; is it possible they are perhaps planets?
Planets in our solar system are far closer and therefore often much brighter, theres a possibility you could have seen mars/jupiter/saturn :')

Many wishes upon a star have been known to have been wasted upon Venus... oh no... bummer!

Reactions: epic
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
Stars are a hoax, just like the Moon landing.

:D
Can't be no Moon landing when there tain't even no Earth for taking off from

flat earthers don't even know this is all a simulation ::rolls eyes::

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Can't be no Moon landing when there tain't even no Earth for taking off from

flat earthers don't even know this is all a simulation ::rolls eyes::

No Earth to take off from, hahaha! Good one! Thank you for the laugh.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Shit, someone is stealing the stars!