• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

imissmycat

Jul 19, 2024
I saw a post about someone being "embarrassed" that they haven't picked a method nor done any research about how to CTB. It made me feel like some people treat this forum, and the larger "pro-choice community", the same way they treat Instagram.

All over the place people are proclaiming their plans, methods, research, etc. I don't understand what good it does for them. A suicide note, a final angry rant at humanity, that I can understand.

When I first had the strong urge to CTB (as opposed to just thinking about it or planning it), now almost ten years ago, I picked a way based on my existing knowledge. I did look at a few studies later and found out that it's one of the most foolproof ways. Never thought about it again. It's there if I need it, never changed, never told anyone. Why would I tell anyone how I intend to CTB? Why do people talk about it so much? Is it posturing or cries for help?

I decided to put this in Recovery because I did not want to offend nor argue with the people in Suicide who are writing this kind of stuff. Also, I recovered from my urges some years ago, though slightly relapsing recently.

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, wCvML2, Grimpoteuthis and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
All over the place people are proclaiming their plans, methods, research, etc. I don't understand what good it does for them.
without reading any examples,
maybe sometimes it is something like Instagram where they feel they have to be "good enough". the way some people can be judgmental or its already engrained, i cant exactly blame them.
in other cases it might be stress. just trying to get the pressure off their chest and out of their head.
and probably some other things i didnt/cant think of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimpoteuthis
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
There can be multiple factors. Sometimes it is the need for reassurance of the plan, sometimes it is the desire to connect to others with similar plans, and sometimes it functions as a formal announcement to yourself that you will finally carry it out.

Reactions: wCvML2, 420Jack, rosepanda and 3 others
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
writing stuff down helps organize, validate and connect. it would be nice if people spent 3 seconds reading instead of posting the 50th sn thread of the day asking the same 3 questions thatve been answered endlessly, but i guess everyone wants their own thread about it

Reactions: prana
S

skizm

Feb 26, 2023
i think it has a lot to do with the giant risks that go with a failed attempt for example bodily harm like braindamage or social aspects like incarceration, so people want to hear other opinions on their chosen method.
from my own perspective, i have a lot of fear when i finally attempt that something goes wrong so i can understand why people want to get external input in their decision

Reactions: wCvML2, prana, GoatHerder and 3 others
msesis

msesis

Jun 16, 2024
I saw a post about someone being "embarrassed" that they haven't picked a method nor done any research about how to CTB. It made me feel like some people treat this forum, and the larger "pro-choice community", the same way they treat Instagram.

All over the place people are proclaiming their plans, methods, research, etc. I don't understand what good it does for them. A suicide note, a final angry rant at humanity, that I can understand.

When I first had the strong urge to CTB (as opposed to just thinking about it or planning it), now almost ten years ago, I picked a way based on my existing knowledge. I did look at a few studies later and found out that it's one of the most foolproof ways. Never thought about it again. It's there if I need it, never changed, never told anyone. Why would I tell anyone how I intend to CTB? Why do people talk about it so much? Is it posturing or cries for help?

I decided to put this in Recovery because I did not want to offend nor argue with the people in Suicide who are writing this kind of stuff. Also, I recovered from my urges some years ago, though slightly relapsing recently.
Well for me, the first two methods I thought of turned out to be ineffective once I learned more on Sasu. My first instinct was to go by VSED. I thought since being alive requires so much effort, if I stop putting in any effort, including eating, I must die, right? Turns out there's a really low success rate and apparently the SI is unbearable.

Then I thought about cutting, which apparently also is terrible.

So now I know about SN. Which means I need to find a source. Which they've made almost impossible in my country. But thanks to this site I did end up finding some sources. So it was helpful after all.

If VSED or cutting had been effective methods, I would not have needed to post anything, probably. Now I kind of enjoy conversing with others to pass the time as well.