Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Life can feel perplexing and unfair, and it's natural to wonder what causes so much pain and suffering. From one perspective, life unfolds through a mix of natural processes, biological imperatives, and randomness, with no intention behind it. There's no "who" to blame—it just happens. Sometimes, it's the conditions we're born into, the actions of others, or broader societal forces that shape our experiences.

Life can seem like an indifferent process—just happening without any real reason or purpose behind it. It unfolds in ways that can be harsh and arbitrary, without meaning or explanation for why things happen the way they do. It's a tough thing to reconcile, especially when suffering seems so pervasive.

nothing is actively "doing" it—life just unfolds without an agent or a specific cause behind the suffering or randomness. The universe operates based on physical laws, biology, and chance. Evolution drives existence forward without concern for individual suffering. Random events, circumstances of birth, and societal structures can shape people's lives, often without fairness or meaning.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LifeQuitter
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Truth is that life gives you certain obstacles to overcome them. It's like playing a video game, which can change it's setups sometimes (like for example today I lost a key in order to find out what my negative core imprint is, and after that, it just appeared on my bed).

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Truth is that life gives you certain obstacles to overcome them. It's like playing a video game, which can change it's setups sometimes (like for example today I lost a key in order to find out what my negative core imprint is, and after that, it just appeared on my bed).
While viewing life as a series of challenges to overcome can be motivating, it doesn't account for the randomness and unfairness of real-life obstacles. Unlike video games, which are designed with purpose and control, life's challenges often arise from arbitrary circumstances—like illness, trauma, or socioeconomic factors—that don't serve personal growth. Not everyone has the resources to turn suffering into resilience, and many challenges can lead to lasting pain rather than growth. Ultimately, life can feel indifferent, lacking the intentional design that games have, which makes the idea of obstacles as purposeful tools for growth less compelling.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I truly hope it's all random. If there's someone/ something/ some group of beings controlling this, I absolutely dread to think what they are like and what their motives are.

Reactions: LifeQuitter