• Talking

Votes: 59 92.2%

• Total voters
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
E360B355 74A3 41BF 80BA 41575FDC702A
I choose talking cause welp I'm a pretty quiet person as is so it wouldn't matter much.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, burnedCookie, puppy9 and 9 others
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Talking. People rarely hear me talk. I could still communicate by writing down what I need to say or by using a text to speech app. So I wouldn't feel as limited as I would without hearing or eyesight.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, Skathon, a_strange_day and 3 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
If not hearing meant this tinnitus would cease, I would gladly give it up tomorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyLight, UninformedLover, a_strange_day and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I guess if I had to pick one it would be hearing because I have tinnitus and it's terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover, Circles, a_strange_day and 1 other person
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
You could still write things down so def talking!

Reactions: 262653, Circles, piupianissimo and 3 others
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
I'd choose talking because I'm pretty sure everyone else would thank me for that one

• Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie, woxihuanni, Circles and 2 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I choose talking. When I was still a productive member of society I used to talk a lot to hide how I felt and who I really was. No that I no longer have social interactions I hardly talk and I don't miss it at all. I could still growl if needed and that's enough for me.

Reactions: burnedCookie, Circles, Woodnote and 2 others
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I'm already like a mute in large crowds so not much of a change.
Back in highschool I was so silent that one of my teachers legit thought I was deaf-mute.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrokenHopes, a_strange_day, Circles and 3 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
If not hearing meant this tinnitus would cease, I would gladly give it up tomorrow.

In any realistic scenario it wouldn't. Deaf people have tinnitus and people who out of desperation who have had their auditory nerve cut still had it in addition to now being deaf. It's more in the brain and less in the ears. I hate it but I stopped trying to do anything about it a long time ago after so much money wasted on doctors and scams like herbs etc.

Reactions: Circles
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
In any realistic scenario it wouldn't. Deaf people have tinnitus and people who out of desperation who have had their auditory nerve cut still had it in addition to now being deaf. It's more in the brain and less in the ears. I hate it but I stopped trying to do anything about it a long time ago after so much money wasted on doctors and scams like herbs etc.
Killed his dream right there

Reactions: burnedCookie, Woodnote, a_strange_day and 2 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I would choose talking. I love music and being able to see things are very important to me

• Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie, Skathon, BrokenHopes and 2 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i'd definitely choose talking. i don't talk much anyways, but i often daydream of becoming completely mute as i hate my voice

• Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie, mediocre, Skathon and 1 other person
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Like everyone else, my vote goes to talking. I'm already a very quiet and reserved individual that I wouldn't miss it. There's so many ways I can communicate without using my voice. Especially technology. And as a very anxiety prone individual, not being able to see or hear would kill me and make me so paranoid.

Reactions: Circles and mediocre
O

orangemushroom

Nov 22, 2019
I'd love to give up talking even if I didn't have to choose. I despise my voice and no one listens to me anyway.. I can't get my thoughts out of my head properly for people to understand so what's the point? I shouldn't have to talk just because others want me to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, charlottewilts, Circles and 1 other person
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
Good post Circles. I think I choose talking. I'm a very quiet person as it is and rarely talk to people anyway. My life wouldn't be affected to much.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I chose talking because I've barely spoke in 15 years anyway. I hate the sound of my voice. Sometimes I wish I was deaf and knew sign language.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie, charlottewilts, Circles and 1 other person
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Talking, cause machines can do that for us now anyways.

• Hugs
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
kind of unfair to put talking there, there are many ways of comunicating without voice, but you can't see or hear things without those senses.

now hearing or seeing, that's a very hard one.

Reactions: Wayfaerer and Circles
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I could quite happily live without talking and it seems I'm not the only one

• Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie and Circles
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Like a lot of people on here, I'd give up talking because no one seems to listen to me anyway, so my life wouldn't change much.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Well damn then I guess I choose talking if not hearing means I'll still have tinnitus. I don't like my voice and no one listens to me irl anyway.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I chose talking because I don't usually talk a lot and it's not like I like to do it nor does my activities really involve a lot of speaking. I suppose for a sales person, a diplomat, or even public speaker, that would be hell. Most of my activities in life involve the hands and fingers (gaming, playing the piano, working in the office, etc.) so having the ability to see and hear is more than sufficient.

I could not do without hearing as that would make day to day life difficult and most importantly, cripple my ability to enjoy music/instrument. Also, I would not wish to be blind either because I like to be able to perceive things and losing the ability to see will hamper my life greatly. Therefore, being a mute is the least of the three evils in my opinion.

Reactions: forever21 and Circles
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Talking. I was bullied during school for having an accent. Even as an adult I get nervous and anxious when people mention that I have an accent. My mom also sad sometimes that I have an unpleasant voice. Funny enough, I think I agree. I Sound hideous in recordings.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles and charlottewilts
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I wouldn't be able to live without seeing or hearing so I'd choose to lose speech. I can communicate with writing and I hate my voice anyway.

Reactions: Circles, Skathon and forever21