bear_trapped

bear_trapped

taking it one day at a time
Feb 13, 2020
i lost my brother in may this year. i was still holding on to life and trying to be strong for my mom, because i know she wouldn't be able to handle losing both of her kids. i went to wake her up for work last friday because she wasn't in the shower yet like she normally was, and i had found that she had passed the night before. i am extremely fucked up and traumatized, and my ONLY reason for being alive is gone now. in the past five months alone i have lost my brother and mother, and i'm on the path of losing our house which means my stepdad will have to move away and he'll be gone too. i also quit my job and couldn't care less about anything anymore. i've been staying at my aunts house and noticed she keeps her gun just out and i assumed loaded. i plan on shooting myself on my 21st birthday next week. i'm too much of a pussy to shoot my head or stomach, so where else would be fatal and less scary? i've been researching and thinking about an artery in my shoulder IMG 0928

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
I'm so sorry to hear about how things are so rough and absolutely awful.

Check out the Firearms MegaThread. You can evaluate the risks for not aiming for the brainstem for yourself but for me it would be too much of a gamble and would prolong the pain and suffering and risk of being 'rescued' to not just aim for the best spot. I mean yeah if not found then someone could die of blood loss from a variety of gunshots but that would be a drawn out and slow way to suffer. And permanent effects if it didn't work would be crippling and truly awful. It would be much better to just do it the 'right' or 'best' way if this is what you are aiming for (no pun intended). It would lead to likely just more trauma and misery by doing a different location.

Edit to add just noticed it is not yours either; would advise against that to not drag other people into it the direct means. Even if it is not criminal or civil penalties (gun liability laws are quite complex), I generally do not think it is right to involve others in my own decision the absolute best I can.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: bear_trapped and wren-briar
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
I'm 100% behind your right to CTB, but please don't use someone else's firearm.
(a) There will be some degree of legal liability for aunt.

(b) Think of the trauma you would have if your brother or mother had used a weapon that you had to CTB, and know that your aunt will likely suffer trauma like that.

bear_trapped

bear_trapped

taking it one day at a time
Feb 13, 2020
I'm 100% behind your right to CTB, but please don't use someone else's firearm.
(a) There will be some degree of legal liability for aunt.

(b) Think of the trauma you would have if your brother or mother had used a weapon that you had to CTB, and know that your aunt will likely suffer trauma like that.
why would she face legal repercussions if i'm an adult committing theft against her and catching the bus on my own terms? i believe you but i don't understand why. also i will choose to ignore the second half of that because i could've done without the comparison when those wounds are still so fresh
I'm so sorry to hear about how things are so rough and absolutely awful.

Check out the Firearms MegaThread. You can evaluate the risks for not aiming for the brainstem for yourself but for me it would be too much of a gamble and would prolong the pain and suffering and risk of being 'rescued' to not just aim for the best spot. I mean yeah if not found then someone could die of blood loss from a variety of gunshots but that would be a drawn out and slow way to suffer. And permanent effects if it didn't work would be crippling and truly awful. It would be much better to just do it the 'right' or 'best' way if this is what you are aiming for (no pun intended). It would lead to likely just more trauma and misery by doing a different location.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.
that's very helpful, thank you. honestly i think i prefer the slow and drawn out suffering. going instantly sounds scarier for some reason. i can't explain it. but that thread has a lot of good information 🫡

Last edited:
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
why would she face legal repercussions if i'm an adult committing theft against her and catching the bus on my own terms? i believe you but i don't understand why.

Gun owners are supposed to secure their weapons from others. Depending on jurisdiction, failing to do so can absolutely lead to legal consequences.

also i will choose to ignore the second half of that because i could've done without the comparison when those wounds are still so fresh

I apologize for making such a harsh comparison while you're clearly still dealing with their passing.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Don't use that piece if it doesn't belong to you. Know that the blood will be on their hands if anything happens.

Sorry to hear that you lost people that meant everything to you. I can't imagine the pain, I don't know what to say. But please, don't involve others in your death in any way.