Josuyo

Josuyo

No, I do not like life, take it away please
Oct 17, 2021
This isn't to say that having possessions, or emotional connections, or any form of stability makes you immune from trauma or mental struggles but everyone who tries to tell me it'll get better or I just need to do this and that all have the things I so desperately want, a job, their own place to live, decent physical health, a partner, kids...I have none of those things. And I've tried very hard since I was very young to try and get good grades, to be an exceptional employee, to be a great friend an amazing partner but it all gets thrown back in my face. I'm told I'm not good enough, my physical disability repells people, both employers and friends.

I know I say it often. I'm working on a date still of when to do this. But I hope I can die soon. I'm so tired. I feel deep in my heart I know that not everyone gets the job, the house, the partner, a child, not everyone gets happiness. So I might as well stop my suffering and cease the endless struggle. The trawl of every day. I'm already having to sell out on my job aspirations because the industry I'd like to work in keeps rejecting me. I'm struggling to get into any entry level rolls either, like I have a degree but I seem to only qualify for minimum wage because that's just the disgusting way the system works. As a result I still live in a toxic and abusive environment because no minimum wage job could pay rent round here.

I still mourn every day my last failed attempt. I was so close, I wish I'd tied myself up or something. But it's no use now, I've just got to hope something will work.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, Chiisai, waitingforrest and 5 others
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
What's your job aspirations/industry you'd like to work in? I'm sorry all the hard work you've put in hasn't paid you back and you're stuck in a dismal situation.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Sounds like you have done so much in this life to better yourself, but like you say the toxic society has upset a lot of that. I feel like that too about my life situation. I can't tell you life will get better, but I can tell that the garden isn't always greener on the other side. I am sure those family type people are putting masks on as well. This is a very sick world we live in after all. All we can do is our best to adapt to all the uncertainties and our reactions to how we deal with it all around us. Everything is temporary, even pain. You are doing all you can despite all the intense difficulties that you are battling with. Respect.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you have to go through all this suffering. I know that it can be dreadful to live a miserable existence where everything is hopeless. I understand that it can be hard to carry on when you are tired of everything. Life is very unfair after all. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness
AMorteVivente

AMorteVivente

The void is only scary until you truly suffer
Mar 15, 2020
This isn't to say that having possessions, or emotional connections, or any form of stability makes you immune from trauma or mental struggles but everyone who tries to tell me it'll get better or I just need to do this and that all have the things I so desperately want, a job, their own place to live, decent physical health, a partner, kids...I have none of those things. And I've tried very hard since I was very young to try and get good grades, to be an exceptional employee, to be a great friend an amazing partner but it all gets thrown back in my face. I'm told I'm not good enough, my physical disability repells people, both employers and friends.

I know I say it often. I'm working on a date still of when to do this. But I hope I can die soon. I'm so tired. I feel deep in my heart I know that not everyone gets the job, the house, the partner, a child, not everyone gets happiness. So I might as well stop my suffering and cease the endless struggle. The trawl of every day. I'm already having to sell out on my job aspirations because the industry I'd like to work in keeps rejecting me. I'm struggling to get into any entry level rolls either, like I have a degree but I seem to only qualify for minimum wage because that's just the disgusting way the system works. As a result I still live in a toxic and abusive environment because no minimum wage job could pay rent round here.

I still mourn every day my last failed attempt. I was so close, I wish I'd tied myself up or something. But it's no use now, I've just got to hope something will work.
From the looks of it, my situation is worse than yours. I have been fired even from 'basic' or 'easy' jobs because of my poor mental health. 'Not everyone gets the job, the house, the partner, a child, not everyone gets happiness'. That should be obvious. The first thing I realized in life is: my aspirations would have to be lower if I plan to stay in this world. I have had serious trouble doing that for most of my life, but it's doable. I try to follow a milder version of a basic buddist concept: 'Most suffering is caused by a tendency to crave or desire things.' I stopped caring about many things I considered 'important', and it does help a lot. I live a minimalistic life where a laptop / internet connection is all I really need, my mind dismisses everything else as secondary or unimportant.

I don't think 'true happiness' is even possible in the first place, but in general terms, you can learn to accept life as it is without suffering because of it. In simpler terms, my version of 'being happy' (or the closest thing to that) is a state of 'non suffering' where I only 'crave' a very minimum amount of things, things that you can also get pretty easily if you have a bit of money by the way. My concept of 'satisfaction' in life comes from being 'comfy', as in: A small but relevant amount of pleasure and a lack of suffering. For me, that's enough to continue living.

There must be an instrinsic 'acceptance' of potential 'painful' moments (not too painful though) and painful 'truths' about life, you realize you probably won't be the things you dreamed you would be or achieve what you would ideally like to achieve, but still feel 'content' in your 'humble' life. I think you probably have to be seriously willing to do this if you want to be able to, after all, I didn't want to do that for the majority of my life and I was choosing ctb instead.

Everyone finds a different way to 'cope' with their 'existence', I don't know which one would be the best for you. Also, medication can help to do this in some cases.

• Informative
Reactions: whatevs, artificial_ineptness and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
From the looks of it, my situation is worse than yours. I have been fired even from 'basic' or 'easy' jobs because of my poor mental health. 'Not everyone gets the job, the house, the partner, a child, not everyone gets happiness'. That should be obvious. The first thing I realized in life is: my aspirations would have to be lower if I plan to stay in this world. I have had serious trouble doing that for most of my life, but it's doable. I try to follow a milder version of a basic buddist concept: 'Most suffering is caused by a tendency to crave or desire things.' I stopped caring about many things I considered 'important', and it does help a lot. I live a minimalistic life where a laptop / internet connection is all I really need, my mind dismisses everything else as secondary or unimportant.

I don't think 'true happiness' is even possible in the first place, but in general terms, you can learn to accept life as it is without suffering because of it. In simpler terms, my version of 'being happy' (or the closest thing to that) is a state of 'non suffering' where I only 'crave' a very minimum amount of things, things that you can also get pretty easily if you have a bit of money by the way. My concept of 'satisfaction' in life comes from being 'comfy', as in: A small but relevant amount of pleasure and a lack of suffering. For me, that's enough to continue living.

There must be an instrinsic 'acceptance' of potential 'painful' moments (not too painful though) and painful 'truths' about life, you realize you probably won't be the things you dreamed you would be or achieve what you would ideally like to achieve, but still feel 'content' in your 'humble' life. I think you probably have to be seriously willing to do this if you want to be able to, after all, I didn't want to do that for the majority of my life and I was choosing ctb instead.

Everyone finds a different way to 'cope' with their 'existence', I don't know which one would be the best for you. Also, medication can help to do this in some cases.
I agree. I try to live a minimalist fairly detached life as well. It is less stressful and society shouldn't have created this fake air brushed model of life in the first place. It is all bullshit and the sooner people wake up to that 'hard' but honest truth, the better.

Reactions: whatevs