Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
Aoe feels this lingering pain in their mind-body). That never stop, when others seem to be content and secure.

Edit: i felt like going and have a coffee this was just venting and soothing of bit of my intense emotions in a place where I stand out.

Last edited:
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I do think that depression and suicidal thought are pretty stigmatised. Suicidal ideation is an open stigma, whilst depression isn't openly derided, and most people pretend they really care about it, right up until they're actually confronted with it.

With that said, I personally don't feel ashamed of what I feel and think. I didn't ask for this, it's always been with me. I'd love to feel 'normal' or just not depressed all the damn time. But that just seems to be how I'm wired, so what can I do?

Reactions: donealready, Ineedtodie and Rairii
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Nov 9, 2022
I do think that depression and suicidal thought are pretty stigmatised. Suicidal ideation is an open stigma, whilst depression isn't openly derided, and most people pretend they really care about it, right up until they're actually confronted with it.

With that said, I personally don't feel ashamed of what I feel and think. I didn't ask for this, it's always been with me. I'd love to feel 'normal' or just not depressed all the damn time. But that just seems to be how I'm wired, so what can I do?
That's a good attitude.
I' m confronted with resentment bc I can't grow up and hide my emotion. They seem out off my grasp and control.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
That's a good attitude.
I' m confronted with resentment bc I can't grow up and hide my emotion. They seem out off my grasp and control.
Not a case of growing up. Whether it's an imbalance in the brain (which apparently is becoming less and less favourable as a theory scientifically) or whatever else, we can't control how we're wired up. Some people are ridiculously happy, we don't expect them to be able to 'control' that, so why should we be expected to be able to control ours.

There is something to be said for positive thinking, and all that stuff. But nobody can keep that up all the time. It's ridiculous to expect it.

What I'm trying to say, is don't be hard on yourself for being you. And if other people won't take the slightest bit of time to understand you, then they've got no right to judge you, so their opinion is irrelevant.

Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Nov 9, 2022
Not a case of growing up. Whether it's an imbalance in the brain (which apparently is becoming less and less favourable as a theory scientifically) or whatever else, we can't control how we're wired up. Some people are ridiculously happy, we don't expect them to be able to 'control' that, so why should we be expected to be able to control ours.

There is something to be said for positive thinking, and all that stuff. But nobody can keep that up all the time. It's ridiculous to expect it.

What I'm trying to say, is don't be hard on yourself for being you. And if other people won't take the slightest bit of time to understand you, then they've got no right to judge you, so their opinion is irrelevant.
Your view is well understood. Well emotions like shame(self disgust+ mutiple fears) and fears can build up to be so strong..well unbearable. People opinions doesn't matter if you can make a living and have a degree of free will and patience and you can embrace your mind becoming.
Life can be very cruel that you feel trapped in these emotions. Rather than embrace them. And create meaning or descipline for your daily life. So many thing can go wrong that your mind become so heavy that embracing it is a hard process especially if you dont have the tools and means..etc
other people won't take the slightest bit of time to understand you, then they've got no right to judge you, so their opinion is irrelevant.
I would say their opinion is irrelevant 100% of the time. You still have to pick up the pieces and move on with your life. And the issue is with this aspect because I feel debilitated by mind nd circumstances. my patience is running out. My energy is drained bit by bit. And my temperament is out of control.

Last edited:
  • Hugs