Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Talking to this girl on Reddit who claims to have similar problems. She talked about how she has been helped by a "values" list and how I need to exercise.

Fuck me. I should have seen this coming after the first big pause from her following a pessimistic comment by me.

They're so threatened and offended by what you say that they turn into asshats and throw out every dumbass argument under the sun.

UPDATE: Now she's saying I must "open up my heart to Jesus".

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ramirez, Bleh, ConfusedAndWeird and 28 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I so totally agree with you. So many people that I have run into through my long life, I am 65 years young, and for me it is always both funny, sad and so frustrating when people are so darn offended by either the fact that I have mental health issues OR that I do not take their "advice" as they think they know so much and do not even have a clue. Maybe that is one of the reasons that I have no friends and if that is the case, I am so happy! You @Celerity are very smart, wise and a great family member! Have a great upcoming week and I am sending you lots of hugs and support. Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, demuic, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 6 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Talking to this girl on Reddit who claims to have similar problems. She talked about how she has been helped by a "values" list and how I need to exercise.

Fuck me. I should have seen this coming after the first big pause from her following a pessimistic comment by me.

They're so threatened and offended by what you say that they turn into asshats and throw out every dumbass argument under the sun.

That's my favorite selfhelp line they always throw at you. Jesus this and that. I hear that from my mother all the time... You're depressed!? Stop fighting with god and love him, he will save you!

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Dude, it's the internet. Don't expect the person on the opposing side to be all there… Especially places like Reddit lol

Reactions: Élégie, SosoruzeDosukoi, Bleh and 7 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I mean, if she's talking about opening your heart to Gun Jesus and buying a bunch of weird old french firearms, she's not completly wrong. Being sad and surrounded by various types of Berthiers is significantly better than just being sad. I prayed to Gun Jesus and he blessed me with a nice mle16 mousqueton Berthier not marked N, that still has it's original matching clearing rod and that's in fantastic condition. Praise be Gun Jesus, he is the way and the light, exept sometimes the light is muzzle flash.
D6oG8O8U0AAWySv.jpg

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: DeadMemes, Ramirez, Bleh and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those types of people basically live on another planet, they will never be able to comprehend how people on here feel. Toxic positivity is very annoying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Celerity, Ramirez and 8 others
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Now she's saying I must "open up my heart to Jesus".
Bruh...

I'm agnostic when it comes to religious matters, but I can see how it helps people cope with their lives. I have been there, I was extremely religious at some point too. But from personal experience, once you lose faith there is no turning back. Especially if you're consumed by pessimistic philosophies or ideas, it's extremely difficult.

Reactions: Celerity
goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
Ok, ok

But have you tried

PILATES?

lol just kidding

Talking to "live love laugh" people is useless. It's not their fault since they don't experience same as us and they may have a huge dose of general ignorance towards the mental health topic. Good for them to be light years away from all this but still, it's no use to try to exchange with them

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Beachedwhale and 7 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Ok, ok

But have you tried

PILATES?

lol just kidding

Talking to "live love laugh" people is useless. It's not their fault since they don't experience same as us and they may have a huge dose of general ignorance towards the mental health topic. Good for them to be light years away from all this but still, it's no use to try to exchange with them
"Live, laugh, love people". Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: Élégie, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Bleh and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Damn I hate this argument talk to Jesus. One time a psychologist told me this is a good value I can learn from religious people. You are not allowed to kill yourself. I can only laugh about that. This would never stop me from doing it. I just would be scared about the afterlife. I am glad I don't believe in hell or other bs.

Reactions: RedundantRecord, ihatemen420, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
Damn I hate this argument talk to Jesus. One time a psychologist told me this is a good value I can learn from religious people. You are not allowed to kill yourself. I can only laugh about that. This would never stop me from doing it. I just would be scared about the afterlife. I am glad I don't believe in hell or other bs.

"talk to Jesus"
Precisely what I'm trying to do, mf, but in person :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, Ramirez, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
They are right Celerity. All you need to do is try some essential oils, and everything will be fine.

#PositiveVibesOnly #HappyAllTheTime #NotVirtueSignalling

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Bleh, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Now she's saying I must "open up my heart to Jesus".
I don't consider this to be normal, I consider it delusional. But it probably does meet the definition of "normie".

Reactions: Élégie and Celerity
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
To be fair, people on reddit aren't actually "normies."

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
To be fair, people on reddit aren't actually "normies."

It depends on which part of Reddit that you are browsing through. From my own experience the more "public" subreddits tend to be ultra-normie (not in a good way), but on the other end of the spectrum there are subreddits (politics for example) which are extreme and some of which have been banned. Either way much of Reddit can be cold toward those who are suicidal - again: just from experience, so take this with some skepticism.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, Celerity and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
It depends on which part of Reddit that you are browsing through. From my own experience the more "public" subreddits tend to be ultra-normie (not in a good way), but on the other end of the spectrum there are subreddits which are extreme and some of which have been banned. Either way much of Reddit can be cold toward those who are suicidal - again: just from experience, so take this with some skepticism.
Even the edgy and depressing subreddits are full of people who desperately want to be normies even if they don't quite manage it.

Reactions: demuic
Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020

What's abnormal about you?

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Even the edgy and depressing subreddits are full of people who desperately want to be normies even if they don't quite manage it.
Yes I know what you are talking about. I do not understand why they desire to be this way though, because the "normies" will never accept them. You can always read users, no matter where in the community, talking about avoiding the so-called "toxic" individuals... Like those who are suicidal.

Reactions: demuic and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Why is that?
If I knew I'd have a shot at fixing it and probably wouldn't be on this site. I have posted it before. I think I bore people, and my looks are just average.
Yes I know what you are talking about. I do not understand why they desire to be this way though, because the "normies" will never accept them. You can always read users, no matter where in the community, talking about avoiding the so-called "toxic" individuals... Like those who are suicidal.
I hate that language. It's so cold. Toxic used to mean abusive people, not just sad people you'd rather pretend didn't exist.

Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, demuic and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I hate that language. It's so cold. Toxic used to mean abusive people, not just sad people you'd rather pretend didn't exist.
Agreed: it is very cold. It has become just another word that is used to dismiss anyone, or any argument that someone dislikes; in reality I believe that those who scoff at another persons unhappiness are the ones who are "toxic."

Negative, hater, troll, incel, nice, gay, attention-seeker, depressed - words tend to reach a certain level of popularity and then get thrown around to the point that they lose their meaning.

Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, goat and 2 others
N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021
Those types of people basically live on another planet, they will never be able to comprehend how people on here feel. Toxic positivity is very annoying.

I wish more people would actually talk about toxic positivity and realize how toxic it is. I'm sick of all this "good vibes only" shit.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Élégie, FuneralCry and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I wish more people would actually talk about toxic positivity and realize how toxic it is. I'm sick of all this "good vibes only" shit.
Yes. A persons vibe should reflect however they are feeling in a given situation. Human vibes. Not positive vibes.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Élégie, FuneralCry and 3 others