dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
As much as I respect you having your own opinions, it doesn't detract from the fact that I have my own reasons as to why it would be better... at least three solid ones.
All I do is mess things up due to extreme fatigue &/ depression (years of proof) & cause things to be awkward in relationships because I no longer have the flame to live such as you. What about those that live in intense physical pain everyday? Would you feel the same about them?
If you want your opinions to be respected, respect those who know their lives better than you do.
Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: HelloHell, Sprite_Geist, Dead beat dad and 9 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It really wouldn't be better for others if I wasn't here, and I am here out of respect for that but nobody considers how that affects me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Arrow, Dead beat dad and 8 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It really wouldn't be better for others if I wasn't here, and I am here out of respect for that but nobody considers how that affects me.

Except to make you suffer more if you dare feel bad.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dead beat dad, darksideofthebright, OminousVaL and 2 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
Maybe not better for others but this choice is for me and I have the right to make it.

• Love
Reactions: taylor321, ecmnesia, dropdeadfred and 1 other person
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I could objectively prove why it would be better if anyone said this to me

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Ghost2211
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
Maybe not better for others but this choice is for me and I have the right to make it.
there, you nailed it.

i fucking hate how people tend to believe we are incapable of making our own choices.

• Love
Reactions: these_days9, dropdeadfred, OminousVaL and 2 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Even worse, as soon as people find out that one is suicidal, they will, without a doubt, use words like "irrational", "rash", "illogical", "crazy", "shallow", "stupid", and the list goes on.. If you respect, why so quickly jump to conclusion and hurt people even more with your comments? :I

Reactions: BitterlyAlive, dropdeadfred, Arrow and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
People who say it that way want you to stay so they have someone to look at when they feel down and tell themselves, "At least I'm not that guy". My wife tells me she's been trying to "help", by tearing me down every chance she gets. I need to be less happy for her to be happier. Tells me that my depression has made me useless, and I told her last night that I want out then. No sense in staying if I'm useless and worthless to her. But no, she can't let me go. I don't know what she sees in me, but she's afraid of being abandoned, yet still feels like pushing me away. I'm torn apart by all of this and this is just half of my pain.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, dropdeadfred, Arrow and 6 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
People who say it that way want you to stay so they have someone to look at when they feel down and tell themselves, "At least I'm not that guy". My wife tells me she's been trying to "help", by tearing me down every chance she gets. I need to be less happy for her to be happier. Tells me that my depression has made me useless, and I told her last night that I want out then. No sense in staying if I'm useless and worthless to her. But no, she can't let me go. I don't know what she sees in me, but she's afraid of being abandoned, yet still feels like pushing me away. I'm torn apart by all of this and this is just half of my pain.
That's just utterly terrible. I am so sorry you have to deal with this kind of mental abuse.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Symbiote, ecmnesia and 1 other person
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
People saying that like they know everything about your life really make me angry. It might not be better for them, but it'll definitely be better for me.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, darksideofthebright, demuic and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I tried to call 911 last night when she started hitting me...the operator laughed and said to suck it up like a man. I don't want to physically hurt her and plus no one is not going to believe I got roughed up by a 5 foot tall woman. The events that have unfolded this week have hastened my will to CTB. The systems have failed, the law is against me, and society doesn't care.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Gromit-CTB, these_days9, dropdeadfred and 5 others
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Brother this sounds horrendous, I'm so sorry that you have this conundrum in you life. I wish there could be something to assuage this scenario and that I might say or do something that can help.
For what it's worth I feel you and this scenario brother; I only function as some sort of empty automaton, I could be replaced in a heartbeat and it wouldn't matter none, its not me they want, it's what I do.
Love and respect my brother

DBD

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred, darksideofthebright, Symbiote and 1 other person
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020

this is horrible. i am sorry if I offend you but your wife sucks, it is as having a parasite sucking your last bit of energy. you don't deserve this kind of treatment and burden. i hope things get better for you.
I tried to call 911 last night when she started hitting me...the operator laughed and said to suck it up like a man. I don't want to physically hurt her and plus no one is not going to believe I got roughed up by a 5 foot tall woman. The events that have unfolded this week have hastened my will to CTB. The systems have failed, the law is against me, and society doesn't care.

that's heavy to digest. i can't imagine how you are feeling.

isn't there any safe place you can go? someone who would actually stay by your side and give you support?

Last edited:
Reactions: dropdeadfred, darksideofthebright, Symbiote and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Brother this sounds horrendous, I'm so sorry that you have this conundrum in you life. I wish there could be something to assuage this scenario and that I might say or do something that can help.
For what it's worth I feel you and this scenario brother; I only function as some sort of empty automaton, I could be replaced in a heartbeat and it wouldn't matter none, its not me they want, it's what I do.
Love and respect my brother

DBD

The only way out is death. I don't have it in my head emotionally to go through divorce because I know she'll make that a living hell as well. My heart is acting up because of all the stress this year.

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred, darksideofthebright and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The only way out is death. I don't have it in my head emotionally to go through divorce because I know she'll make that a living hell as well. My heart is acting up because of all the stress this year.
I very much understand this. When I finally left things got significantly worse. Abusers punish us for leaving.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Symbiote
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Oh man, that just sucks. I can't completely relate with you but I totally hear you though. I really wish you nothing but the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and dropdeadfred
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
this is horrible. i am sorry if I offend you but your wife sucks, it is as having a parasite sucking your last bit of energy. you don't deserve this kind of treatment and burden. i hope things get better for you.

that's heavy to digest. i can't imagine how you are feeling.

isn't there any safe place you can go? someone who would actually stay by your side and give you support?

I'm taking my bike and going a few states over to ride the forest and trails, to feel some sort of happiness one more time for myself. I want that to be the last image in my head before I CTB. I don't want to CTB with my wife screaming at me. I told myself that I won't involve anyone in my troubles should they catch feelings after I die.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, dropdeadfred and darksideofthebright
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I don't think any of my people will be better off without me. In fact, I see little things that they need me for all the time, and it makes me sad. But that doesn't change how I feel or what I have to live with. It's an impossible feeling situation.

One thing I think about a lot is I have all this knowledge that's unique to me, and it's going to die with me. It's not something that would hold me back, but I wish I could just preserve it somehow.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, dropdeadfred and darksideofthebright
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
How can they say for certain if it would not be better if another individual was not still living? This planet has many people on it each with their own lives, and not every single person has loved ones or a group that they are part of. If someone has no close connections or network then their death will likely not make an impact either way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and dropdeadfred