• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
when, in your opinion, is it okay or acceptable to give up and CTB? Or just give up in general. I know most of the time suicide isn't acceptable or okay but still.

For my own opinion, I don't know where I stand on this one yet.

Reactions: Caerula
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I think everyone is different and even if many people belittle the problem, it may have a very different effects on the person.

I think some of the reasons to giving up are:
1) Incompatibility: being incompatible with some things (family, economy, culture... etc or maybe even the whole world and life) means a life of suffering. I've noticed that incompatiblity is a very strong reason because you'll always feel being in a wrong life or wrong circumstances.

2) Unsolvable or hard to solve problems: any type of problem that is very hard or impossible to solve like some mental or chronic problems. Sometimes political or economical problems or anything in the system can affect the person directly and nobody will change the system for a single person. Some live in bad countries or situations and can't do anything about it.. etc

3) Negative accumulation: Even if one experienced litte negative experiences, it can accumulate and create a big scar after time. This can very serious.

So I don't think there is a certain age but it need experience or time for thinking to realize the previous points.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Livide Lamb, Luke and 12 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
That is something only the individual can answer. You know your struggles better than anyone else.

Reactions: Source Energy, skitliv, Maggotymaggots and 8 others
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
whenever a person wants, not like we are here for any good reason and we're all going to die anyways.

Reactions: Source Energy, skitliv, Maggotymaggots and 9 others
0blivi0n

0blivi0n

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs
May 2, 2018
I think that giving up depends on how much you are willing bare before you can't anymore; it's your life in the end, only you will know when it's time.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Luke, Nano and 2 others
C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
This is very personal but for me it is when I realize that I am likely to spend a lot more time being unhappy than being happy if I stay alive...

Reactions: Source Energy, Maggotymaggots, shattered dreams and 8 others
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
I have no right to force another person to live. Bodily autonomy is the first fundamental right we have, imo. Assuming your death does not directly lead to the death of another person, your right to die always trumps another person's dependence on you.

However, some decisions to commit suicide are more well thought out than others. The younger you are, the less confidence you should have in the assumption that the rest of your life will suck. You can have very good reasons based off of very shitty life circumstances, but, in the end, you're still having to predict a longer time span than an older person would.

I'm 25. Many people would consider that too young to be certain that premature death is the best answer to my problems. They might be correct, but I still have the right to decide my own fate.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Inertia, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
M

mwu14

Apr 21, 2018
I think everyone is different and even if many people belittle the problem, it may have a very different effects on the person.

I think some of the reasons to giving up are:
1) Incompatibility: being incompatible with some things (family, economy, culture... etc or maybe even the whole world and life) means a life of suffering. I've noticed that incompatiblity is a very strong reason because you'll always feel being in a wrong life or wrong circumstances.

2) Unsolvable or hard to solve problems: any type of problem that is very hard or impossible to solve like some mental or chronic problems. Sometimes political or economical problems or anything in the system can affect the person directly and nobody will change the system for a single person. Some live in bad countries or situations and can't do anything about it.. etc

3) Negative accumulation: Even if one experienced litte negative experiences, it can accumulate and create a big scar after time. This can very serious.

So I don't think there is a certain age but it need experience or time for thinking to realize the previous points.

For me it's all 3. The first one, everything society stands for is everything I'm against. Numbers 2 and 3 just make it impossible to keep going. I've tried my best to make the most out of bad circumstances but everyday's worse than the next.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Mizule

Mizule

Jul 22, 2018
That's for the person to decide for themselves.Only they know truely of the struggles they face.

Reactions: Source Energy, Maggotymaggots, shattered dreams and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

Since the first moment, struggle with life is just pointless. Unlike other people said, I think the younger you are, the better. Why should we wait more time? Everybody spents more time dealing with unhappiness that doing things that can fulfill their wishes so prolong it is useless.

Reactions: Dog Food, Maggotymaggots and shattered dreams
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
when, in your opinion, is it okay or acceptable to give up and CTB? Or just give up in general. I know most of the time suicide isn't acceptable or okay but still.

For my own opinion, I don't know where I stand on this one yet.

When you're in constant suffering and out of all other options. But.. only you know what you're going through so how could we tell.