Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Just wondering whats your interpretation on this quote? I found it interesting and funny
. Images 21

i think it supposed to mean positive. Like hold on, etc. But i see it through different perspective.

When you reach the end of the rope(end no way out, hopeless, etc)
Tie a knot and hang on(ctb, hang)

Also in hanging method u have to learn making the right knot. So reading about making a knot to hang reminds me of it

guess desperate suicidal person vs normies will see it differently

Last edited:
Reactions: Sister of the Moon and rationaltake
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
The end of an untied rope is difficult to hold on to. If you tie a knot at the end you have something that won't slip through your hands as easily.

I'm pretty far from normal, but yeah I don't think Lincoln (and FDR) were telling you to give up. Sounds like a good Demotivator though.

Perhaps your interpretation says more about where you're at than about the quote? Sorry you're suffering.

Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
The end of an untied rope is difficult to hold on to. If you tie a knot at the end you have something that won't slip through your hands as easily.

I'm pretty far from normal, but yeah I don't think Lincoln (and FDR) were telling you to give up. Sounds like a good Demotivator though.

Perhaps your interpretation says more about where you're at than about the quote? Sorry you're suffering.
Like i said of course its not about ctb. Its for normies. But like i said maybe for a desperate person like me i can see it in a different way which is funny

Also in hanging method u have to learn about making the right knot. So reading about making a knot to hang reminds me of it

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I saw the quote the same way that you did, as suicide is always on my mind and I know that when I get really desperate I will have no choice but to resort to hanging. I wish that suicide was easier. Hanging sounds so difficult because of the SI.

Reactions: Efilismislife