real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
I watch a lot of movies but my favorite is probably Drive because it embodies this kind of all encompassing loneliness and struggle to find meaning in the modern world and it does this perfectly with its visuals, soundtrack, acting, story, all of it together. I also really like its neon aesthetic, it looks beautiful.

Reactions: 4am, AllCatsAreGrey, Celerity and 3 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
My favourite movie is an old b/w film called Yojimbo. I will never forgot the first time I saw it, I just ran across it late at night on the television. I was completely drawn in to this amazing world and characters, it was like nothing I had ever experienced before in a movie.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Gattaca has been my favorite movie for almost a decade now, and it continues to be fresh on subsequent viewings. It is about a man who is told by the whole world that he is worthless and fulfills his dreams anyway. There is also a character who acts as his perfect foil and who is very tragic. I relate a lot to him.

Reactions: highheelhell and AllCatsAreGrey
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I have so many favorites. The one that's the top of my mind at the moment is Synecdoche, New York. It has a lot of the interesting layering of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. There is a fantastic theme of sets in sets, which I love. It has a sadness to it that I find really compelling and touching.

Reactions: doctordetritus and Celerity
MoonBloom

MoonBloom

Introverted broke college student
Oct 17, 2023
I don't rlly watch alot of movies tbh but I still do have a fave movie and it's "Room" my mom introduced me to it and ever since then I couldn't stop watching it. Even if the story isn't entirely real it's just speaks to me in how finding out about the world one day after years of being locked away from it is a magical feeling.

Mafaalu

Mafaalu

Konbanwa~
Oct 4, 2023
Not really a movie type because of lack of detail in often cases, but "a silent voice" is currently my favourite movie simply because it made me uncontrollably cry.

• Love
Reactions: eatantz
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
Honestly, I love manchester by the sea, although its depressing but it does speak the reality.

princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
my favourite movie is "as you are". It used to be the goldfinch and moonrise kingdom, but that movie (as you are) holds a core memory for me now. I watched it with the love of my life. its a beautiful film
though i did watch moonrise kingdom with my beloved, that night we watched as you are felt special. a core memory.. to me atleast. a beautiful film, a beautiful moment.

but if u want my nomal answer, batman begins (christian bale was the better bruce wayne sorry šŸ˜ž) and b22/the batman (rob pat was the better batman tho LOL)

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Groundhog Day.
Just a perfect film in every way.

Reactions: Celerity
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Elvis [2022] staring my husband Austin Butler. Pretty sure this film changed my life, its beautiful

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
End of Evangelion. Great animation, an iconic fight scene, is extremely introspective, a bit avant-garde, and kind of disturbing. It's one of the few films that got to me emotionally, leaving me feeling something I can't describe by the end.

Reactions: Ferdinand Bardamu
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

No Future For Democracy
Feb 22, 2024
The Emoji movie. Peak fiction.

End of Evangelion. Great animation, an iconic fight scene, is extremely introspective, a bit avant-garde, and kind of disturbing. It's one of the few films that got to me emotionally, leaving me feeling something I can't describe by the end.
Unironically though, this.

4am

4am

thereā€™s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
no country for old men

D

drossel

Apr 29, 2024
Mary & Max is fun. who knows where to watch it. it's one of my favorites.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
End of Eva already mentioned, so I'll stick with Western live action.

Office Space:

Peter: "Ever since I started working [in the office], every day has been worse than the day before. That means that whenever you see me, that's the worst day of my life."

Therapist: "what about today Peter? Is today the worst day of your life?"

Peter: "yeah. Yeah it is."

Therapist: "that's messed up."

Reactions: real human being and BrainShower