deadwinter

deadwinter

i want to see angels
Apr 7, 2023
i have a lot, i just can't think of them rn. i'm interested to know what controversial opinions u have (no matter how problematic it is).

Reactions: Meteora, Someone123, 0Lukz and 1 other person
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
If I spoke my controversial opinions, I'd b getting 25 life sentences XD

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, jello, kawaiiphantom and 9 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
bacon is horrible

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, kermudgeon, Ligand and 4 others
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
There are no choices, there is no responsibility. People are what they have to be.

Reactions: jello, LetMeBeSad, Ligand and 3 others
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
That most influencers should not have this much influence over their viewers/consumers

Reactions: silentcicada, wait.what, Green Destiny and 6 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My pro-choice opinions. (among my family, though. The SS community is a lot more reasonable than them.)

Reactions: WonderingSoul and F&Inside
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
That most influencers should not have this much influence over their viewers/consumers

Influencers? More like influenza 🤣

Reactions: BrainShower, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, wait.what and 2 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Covid basically, I tend to avoid talking about it as it can be an emotive topic but since you asked, I just think the whole world massively overreacted to it and basically went insane. At it's height it killed an estimated 2-3 million people in a year, mainly the elderly. To put things into perspective; malnutrition kills an estimated 9 million people annually, mainly young children. I'm sure there are those that will argue that because of all the measures we put in we reduced the numbers of dead dramatically but I find that's BS, the measures have been proven, to me, to have done hardly anything and were mainly just empty platitudes.

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, Zaya, LetMeBeSad and 5 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
(most not all) modern video games suck and they all look the same (good graphics + quality + a well known studio or developer ≠ good game)

....same with anime too so I haven't watched anything modern in that genre of animation in years........ (they learn basic stuff then they don't stylize it + they confuse stylizing with adding on tons of junk to their characters and a terrible colour palette it's so nauseating and a pain to the eyes and they end up looking extremely plain and basic)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kichiissad, Aesthetic guy, theslasher and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know this view makes people angry which is why I'm posting in this thread, but I believe that anyone no matter the age deserves the option of an guaranteed way to leave this world, I don't believe in selective pro-choice ideas where suicide is only an option for those who meet a certain criteria. I think forcing one to suffer when they want to die will always be criminal and inhumane, nobody else has any right to say that suicide isn't an option for someone else as it's not their life, my view is compassionate.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, jello and 13 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I know this view makes people angry which is why I'm posting in this thread, but I believe that anyone no matter the age deserves the option of an guaranteed way to leave this world, I don't believe in selective pro-choice ideas where suicide is only an option for those who meet a certain criteria. I think forcing one to suffer when they want to die will always be criminal and inhumane, nobody else has any right to say that suicide isn't an option for someone else as it's not their life, my view is compassionate.

I'm with you, FuneralCry. I think that even minors of all ages should be unconditionally allowed to access assisted suicide. And yes, of course your view is compassionate, so no matter how many people tell you otherwise, they are all wrong.

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
bacon is horrible
We have agents in place to make sure that you can't get away with this slander. If you're from a country where bacon is just plain sliced pork belly that's one thing but in the US bacon is cured with the tears of angels and cooked by wood carved from the tree of life. At least one billion of our American ancestors died in hellish trench warfare for each slice of bacon to ensure that its quality is not able to be undermined by that evil Canadian 'bacon' ham.

As for mine... probably that politically 'right' and 'left' doesn't actually mean anything. They're just words to signal that the person smeared is in the out group. If we toss a 'far' in front of it it also signals that you should be extra angry because we told you so.
I probably have some worse ones but let's not get banned or sound like a serial killer today 🐱

• Love
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: deadwinter, theslasher, carac and 1 other person
brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
Mine is that there is no inherent value to life/existence.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, 4am, kermudgeon and 8 others
aticeret

aticeret

Jan 23, 2023
I hold the viewpoint that there is no hell, we all are already in hell right now.

• Love
Reactions: silentcicada, sserafim, moron and 6 others
swansong.

swansong.

Jul 21, 2023
Suicide IS selfish. You are hurting your loved ones by leaving them with grief just to make your own suffering stop. But a lot of things about humans are selfish in it's nature. The people who have inflicted abuse upon someone else are selfish. Business men stepping on other peoples toes just to get to the top of the ladder. People starting arguments just to make their own point win. Even most parents are choosing to have children for their own joy. Suicide might be selfish but it is no wonder people are CTB when they have suffered trauma from and are forced to live in a system surrounded and built up by a lot of selfish people.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, lachrymost and theslasher
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
The brain is the cause of all the misfortunes of this world.
Thanks to the brain, humans can think, they can solve problems, create new things, lead, create a society, manipulate people, create prejudices, exterminate people, destroy the world, feel useless, feel depressed, not understand everything that human beings have done, feel pain. And the list goes on...

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, deadwinter and Costrecce
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I have a really controversial opinion. Sometimes my sympathy is misguided.
And sometimes, it's misguided towards... people who find children attractive.

No hold up let me explain myself. The problem with that crowd is that, if they commit crime, they are terrible. But if they don't, they still are seen as categorically terrible and a lost cause. This leads to situations like people commenting "they should go to therapy" not realizing that there is no such thing as changing someone's innate attractions (same way that gay conversion therapy is a scam). If you try to give an inch and try to portray them not-negatively, like a Vice(?) or Vox(?) video on a support group that aims to help each other... you just get more negativity hurled everyone's way. People don't want to research this group. We have little data and the data we do have, is usually about those who already were jailed and are known. We don't know much about the prevalence of these people in hiding. They have no interest in getting out of their closets, understandably, and no one would engage with them anyways.

FWIW, I have no stakes in this conversation. Nor am I nor do I personally know anybody that would fit the description.

bacon is horrible

As an ex-vegetarian I get ya. I only started eating meat when I was 17 and left home for college. Bacon was one of the worst ones to get used to. (Worst was stewed beef, sometimes it tastes like piss).

• Informative
Reactions: 0Lukz, Green Destiny, jar-baby and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023

No hold up let me explain myself. The problem with that crowd is that, if they commit crime, they are terrible. But if they don't, they still are seen as categorically terrible and a lost cause. This leads to situations like people commenting "they should go to therapy" not realizing that there is no such thing as changing someone's innate attractions (same way that gay conversion therapy is a scam). If you try to give an inch and try to portray them not-negatively, like a Vice(?) or Vox(?) video on a support group that aims to help each other... you just get more negativity hurled everyone's way. People don't want to research this group. We have little data and the data we do have, is usually about those who already were jailed and are known. We don't know much about the prevalence of these people in hiding. They have no interest in getting out of their closets, understandably, and no one would engage with them anyways.

FWIW, I have no stakes in this conversation. Nor am I nor do I personally know anybody that would fit the description.
this reminded me of a disturbing controversial documentary I watched a couple months ago called Pervert Park (2014)

surprisingly it is on Youtube

it is about the tenants of a trailer park who are all registered sex offenders

it did not change my opinion or disgust towards those who commit or do not commit such crimes but it was interesting to see how they live their lives or how they view their crimes/their perspective

it was also very angering/maddening at times but still an interesting watch although I finished the film with the same opinion I had entering/watching the film

I am trying to remember if there were any interviews or opinions or persepctive from the therapist/counselor in the trailer park but it's been so long that I cannot remember

Reactions: theslasher and FormerlyFe(IV)
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
nihilism isn't bad

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor and StolenLife
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Since I have insomnia I'll share a few. America is better than the majority of countries, but it still has many downsides.

Over priced homes
  • Who the hell normalized $400k homes? Why is the average home price exactly double what the average salary can afford? We need to bring back starter homes. I don't need a mc mansion to be happy with my life, all I need is 4 walls and a roof.
  • Even Shaquille O'Neil who recently sold his 30k square foot home said he only used his kitchen (bc he likes to eat), and his bedroom (bc he likes to sleep). Bros just like me fr.

America is too car dependent
  • GM bought all the streetcar lines and shut them down in the early to mid 1900s in order to make America more car dependent. Growing up here, we don't have much freedom until we get a car, but even that has many costs and downsides.
  • On the other side of the world, Amsterdam is one of the most walkable cities, bikes are a very very common way to travel, most kids ride them to school, and it's said that the happiest children on earth live there. Very different from the states.

Unhealthy country
  • American food has so many chemicals and ingredients that contain neurotoxins, carcinogens, and endocrine disruptors.. not to mention the phthalates and parabens in everyday products. Crazy how many of these things are banned in Europe but are totally allowed by the FDA here in the states.
  • Damn near everything has high fructose corn syrup which allows marketing teams to say "no sugar" when this new stuff is just the same as sugar, if not worse.
  • Fast food has no fiber which makes you want to eat more and more.
  • Ethanol estradiol is a type of estrogen and is a "forever chemical" found in our water supply. It comes from birth control, but only 10% is absorbed by the body.. the other 90% of that chemical is peed out and sent to our water treatment facilities. Unfortunately our systems don't filter out chemicals like these. And all of these chemicals come back to us with the concentration only increasing over time.. and that's a major reason why we have alarming decreases in average testosterone levels. It's no wonder why everyone's hormones are out of wack these days.

Reactions: moron
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023

As an ex-vegetarian I get ya. I only started eating meat when I was 17 and left home for college. Bacon was one of the worst ones to get used to. (Worst was stewed beef, sometimes it tastes like piss).
I agree. People like those should have support groups to help each other. I'm sure some of them are aware that acting on their impulses would be immoral and so, refrain from doing so. And those people don't deserve the hostility targeted at them because in the end, you can't control your thoughts.

I'm curious— what made you change your mind about vegetarianism?

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I'm curious— what made you change your mind about vegetarianism?

Practicality. My parents were vegetarian (father hated meat, mother hated preparing meat) so everything I ate home and out was vegetarian.

Once I moved out for college I just accepted the fact that being vegetarian was going to be a huge hassle and bite the bullet when it came to eating meat.

It took a while to get used to, not gonna lie. Meat tastes very strange if you're not used to it. I think chicken was the easiest to get used to.

Nowadays I still mostly eat vegetarian home. I usually only cook with cured meats like bacon and sausages since they're less gross. Eating out I have no problem (and do enjoy) meat options but I still have an appreciation for vegetarian options on the menus and try them out frequently.

• Hugs
Reactions: backtoearth, Costrecce and jar-baby
0Lukz

0Lukz

gg's go next
Sep 9, 2023
i have a lot, i just can't think of them rn. i'm interested to know what controversial opinions u have (no matter how problematic it is).

idk if this is controversial but its one that I never hear, might be because im just chronically online and around pretty judgmental individuals in general but like, I think that everyone's capable of redemption and everyone should have the chance to be a better person if they're genuine about it and putting their first foot forward. good people are capable of literally anything and the only thing that truly makes you a "bad person" in my book is the resentment/incapability/refusal to change and grow as a human being and try to not repeat your mistakes. the worse the crime the harder it is to do that though, and it all depends on what is done and how its done and blah blah grey areas blah blah. but i dont think its outside the realm of possibility for people who have even committed truly abhorrent actions to make a comeback and change for the better. While one does not need to go out of their way to interact with said people, I think we should as a society encourage more reform and mental rehabilitation rather than sweep things under the rug that make us uncomfortable & wait for shit to hit the fan, shun people out of society for even having sub-normal thoughts (keep things out of sight out of mind), and we should rather stress over solutions on "how could we have prevented this" and "how could we have helped this person" rather than "well whats done is done, who do we blame, how do we demonize them, and what is their punishment". anyways sorry if that didnt make any sense im rambling, hope ya'll are doing ok :]

• Love
Reactions: 4am and deadwinter
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
No single human can be truly evil.

Reactions: jello
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
Aside from my pro-choice stance on suicide, I believe that all drugs should be decriminalized. I also think that society (especially young people) is becoming too puritan about sexual fetishes and fantasies.

Reactions: silentcicada, BrainShower and kermudgeon
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I agree that this basic idea is true, that anyone should be able to leave if they want to. In practice, if it was really easy to access a way out, a lot of terrible people would try to disguise murder as ctb- for example, by threatening a person's loved one if they don't ctb. Hopefully ctb will become more accessible than it is, but this is going to be a risk as it becomes more accessible. Another factor- already in Canada elderly patients are pressured to ctb who don't want to leave- in order to try to save on the expenses for their medical care towards the end of life.

Reactions: moron
aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
here is a more lighthearted, less thoughtful one. sewerslvt's music sucks.

i see them all over this website and all over some mutual's last fms. garbage. they also aren't underground or unknown. sick and tired of seeing someone ask "whats ur favourite obscure song/genre/artist" (as a thread on forums, on twitter, ect) and some how always circles around to sewerslvt. i hate them. i hate their music.

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Funerals are self-centered. Pulling this out of my ass bc I've never been to one. It's not really about the person who died, it's about how those that are left behind will cope.

• Love
Reactions: d3ad
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Lol I have a lot…
No single human can be truly evil.
What do you mean by that and why do you think so? I think Hitler was truly evil, that can't be denied