• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
What's the point of life? What's the point of living just to die? In my opinion, death renders life pointless and meaningless. It negates all the achievements and accomplishments one had during their lifetime. I don't see the point in achieving anything because it will just be made meaningless in my death. I can't take any of my achievements with me, so why even try? There's no reason for me to go through all that work for nothing. Also, if life is so good or valuable, then why can't and don't we live forever? We were honestly all born to die

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, thebelljarrr, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Makoto

Makoto

Look into my eyes and tell me who I really am
Jun 20, 2024
life is shit. Responsability is what give life a meaning.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
From a scientific point of view it is to reproduce and therefore proliferate other life, at least in its own species, it is said that the dream of every cell is to become two cells.

I don't write more because otherwise we would get lost in endless philosophical discussions.

From a biological point of view, therefore, if someone kills themselves without leaving heirs, it is as if they have lost in the game, but has someone who perhaps kills themselves in old age after giving birth to a large family instead won? I don't know the answer to this question either. I only know that between winners and losers, once we die we all come to the same conclusion.

Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, Agon321 and Makoto
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
life is shit. Responsability is what give life a meaning.
I don't want any responsibilities. I want as least responsibilities as possible
From a scientific point of view it is to reproduce and therefore proliferate other life, at least in its own species, it is said that the dream of every cell is to become two cells.

I don't write more because otherwise we would get lost in endless philosophical discussions.

From a biological point of view, therefore, if someone kills themselves without leaving heirs, it is as if they have lost in the game, but has someone who perhaps kills themselves in old age after giving birth to a large family instead won? I don't know the answer to this question either. I only know that between winners and losers, once we die we all come to the same conclusion.
I'm a very "the ends justify the means" person and for me it's all about the destination, not the journey. The fact that everyone dies in the end makes me feel like achieving anything is pointless and futile. It's also why I'm anti-work. Why work your life away if you're going to die anyways? I'd rather just NEET until I rope. I don't see the point in putting in extra effort or work when the outcome is ultimately the same (death)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Makoto
Makoto

Makoto

Look into my eyes and tell me who I really am
Jun 20, 2024
From a biological point of view, therefore, if someone kills themselves without leaving heirs, it is as if they have lost in the game
unless their dead help to their own kind.... From a biological point of view

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there doesn't appear to be any point to life from what i can tell simply a temporary existence, if you want to remember everything forever or keep all your work forever you are in the wrong place, only artificial machines will have such abilities

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
unless their dead help to their own kind.... From a biological point of view
Indeed, if someone who does not consider himself worthy of living dies, resources are freed up for others, perhaps suicide makes biological sense.

Reactions: buyersremorse and Makoto
sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
Scientifically, the porpuse of life is to increase entropy, chaos in universe. life is sacrifice meaning "the current life forms is inherently headed to destruction "death " to pave the way for new life forms who can create more efficiently the chaos in system" we built things to consume to increase entropy and We have children so they can do the same more.

Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
What's the point of life? What's the point of living just to die? In my opinion, death renders life pointless and meaningless. It negates all the achievements and accomplishments one had during their lifetime. I don't see the point in achieving anything because it will just be made meaningless in my death. I can't take any of my achievements with me, so why even try? There's no reason for me to go through all that work for nothing. Also, if life is so good or valuable, then why can't and don't we live forever? We were honestly all born to die
I know I just frustrate you with this and I'm sorry but I'm going to try and give you a real answer rather than reaffirming that there is no purpose.

What you just described is exactly why people say it's about the journey not the destination.

These past two weeks have been fucking hell for me, but I know it won't always be this bad. I'll interact with interesting people, meet new ones, be intimate, experience art and beauty, create (even knowing the creation won't last past my life, like a sandcastle), lose, suffer, and triumph. At the end of my life, it all is wiped away by death, as you say (minus the rippling effects I had on those around me, but it won't matter to me once I'm dead bc I won't exist for it to matter.) However, it will be MY life. They'll be my stories and interactions. I'm building the coolest sandcastle I can even knowing the tide will knock it down. I want to remember getting in a wreck yesterday just to get home for my AC to be broken; trying to be your friend and observing your search for answers; dating my first girlfriend where it didn't work out; getting fired; wandering the streets thinking about how small I am in the universe; hating wage slavery and fighting for a way to have more freedom; and everything else in between until I die, because the sum of those experiences comprise my life and for this one tiny brief moment in the universe it is something that is mine and no one else's.

• Hugs
Reactions: Saturn_ and Jarni
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I know I just frustrate you with this and I'm sorry but I'm going to try and give you a real answer rather than reaffirming that there is no purpose.

What you just described is exactly why people say it's about the journey not the destination.

These past two weeks have been fucking hell for me, but I know it won't always be this bad. I'll interact with interesting people, meet new ones, be intimate, experience art and beauty, create (even knowing the creation won't last past my life, like a sandcastle), lose, suffer, and triumph. At the end of my life, it all is wiped away by death, as you say (minus the rippling effects I had on those around me, but it won't matter to me once I'm dead bc I won't exist for it to matter.) However, it will be MY life. They'll be my stories and interactions. I'm building the coolest sandcastle I can even knowing the tide will knock it down. I want to remember getting in a wreck yesterday just to get home for my AC to be broken; trying to be your friend and observing your search for answers; dating my first girlfriend where it didn't work out; getting fired; wandering the streets thinking about how small I am in the universe; hating wage slavery and fighting for a way to have more freedom; and everything else in between until I die, because the sum of those experiences comprise my life and for this one tiny brief moment in the universe it is something that is mine and no one else's.
I'm someone who takes the path of least resistance. For me it's about lowest effort, maximum reward. I don't see any point in becoming a slave to the system if I will die eventually anyways. It's not like working will prevent aging or death. I don't see the point in taking on responsibilities. I don't want any responsibilities at all. I just want to live a chill and peaceful life, hence being a NEET. I don't want to have to do anything or work for anything. I want everything provided for and given to me. I'd rather die now so I don't have to work. I don't see any point in becoming independent or supporting myself, and I don't understand why society views them as achievements and puts them on a pedestal. I just want someone to take care of me for the rest of my life

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and mlha
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I'm someone who takes the path of least resistance. For me it's about lowest effort, maximum reward. I don't see any point in becoming a slave to the system if I will die eventually anyways. It's not like working will prevent aging or death. I don't see the point in taking on responsibilities. I don't want any responsibilities at all. I just want to live a chill and peaceful life, hence being a NEET. I don't want to have to do anything or work for anything
I understand. Nowhere did I say anything about working, though. You put that in there. You don't have to work. That's kinda my point. It's your life. You take your path of least resistance, you miss dodsangel, you be curious and expand your knowledge on topics with no hope of profit. All of that is who you are. And I'm saying that is purpose. You chose to ctb? That's your choice. The ending you write for yourself. And no one can tell you it's wrong. It's yours.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I understand. Nowhere did I say anything about working, though. You put that in there. You don't have to work. That's kinda my point. It's your life. You take your path of least resistance, you miss dodsangel, you be curious and expand your knowledge on topics with no hope of profit. All of that is who you are. And I'm saying that is purpose. You chose to ctb? That's your choice. The ending you write for yourself. And no one can tell you it's wrong. It's yours.
I do miss @dödsängel. I want to be his friend

• Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I know. I'm sorry. It hurts to feel abandoned.
but this is kind of what I was talking about. You knew him, bonded with him, and felt the pain of him cutting ties with you. That's a part of who you are now. It's sad, and it's beautiful at the same time, in a tragic sense. You will be able to meet other people you want to be friends with, and they will be part of the story, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I know. I'm sorry. It hurts to feel abandoned.

but this is kind of what I was talking about. You knew him, bonded with him, and felt the pain of him cutting ties with you. That's a part of who you are now. It's sad, and it's beautiful at the same time, in a tragic sense. You will be able to meet other people you want to be friends with, and they will be part of the story, too.
I only want to be his friend. I don't care about anyone else

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I only want to be his friend. I don't care about anyone else
I know. Believe me, I know. But before you met him, you would've said you don't care about anyone, right? Then you met him. Meaning it is theoretically possible for there to be someone else you are capable of caring about.

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Pleasure. That's what it all boils down to.

Reactions: Jarni and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess most people try to make the present moment as bearable as possible. That will be different for everyone. Some people literally have no choice but to try and earn money though. It's that or destitution. So, that tends to create other decisions for us to make. Do we settle for a wage slave job we'll hate or, do we try to pursue a career? If we still hate our jobs, do we try to bring other things into our lives that we hope will make up for that? I guess most people are simply trying to make life as bearable as possible for themselves. Sometimes, it's just picking the lesser of the evils I guess.

Reactions: Jarni
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I know. Believe me, I know. But before you met him, you would've said you don't care about anyone, right? Then you met him. Meaning it is theoretically possible for there to be someone else you are capable of caring about.
I also like @Rocinante. He's my one and only

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There you go. Your third "one and only" in the less than a year that you've been on here. You are capable of liking people.
I only like @Rocinante and @dödsängel. Anyways, who I like is none of your business and none of your concern. Why do you care? Don't you have better things to do?

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I only like @Rocinante and @dödsängel. Anyways, who I like is none of your concern. Why do you care? Don't you have better things to do?
I'm sorry. I just want to help and see you be . . . at least less sad than you are now. I'm sorry for overstepping.

• Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is no point to life. Everything is meaningless. That said, I am glad that life is temporary. Fuck the idea of living forever. Living forever sounds brutal and painful

Reactions: sserafim
redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024
Life has wonderful, beautiful elements. They are definitely worth living for. So the meaning of life can be to live the moment you are in, if it makes you feel good, regardless of what the next moment brings.
I can therefore understand people who love life and ignore death. For the most part, they experience life as a great pleasure.
The crucial question that arises for me is: Are these limited, perceptible, beautiful moments worth maintaining all this inconceivable, infinite, cruel potential for random suffering? Absolutely not!
Would I see it differently if I were able to live and didn't feel the suffering so intensely?
Possibly.
The truth lies in the depth of suffering. You have to feel it to recognise it. How can you explain to a blind person who was born blind what the colour blue looks like? Impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni and ijustwishtodie