Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
What's the dark web? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times, but I've got no idea what it is, so I thought I'd ask.

Reactions: 262653
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
What's the dark web? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times, but I've got no idea what it is, so I thought I'd ask.

Have you googled it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
The dark web is to the regular internet what Darth Vader is to Anakin or what Venom is to spider man.
It's the "bad side" of the internet where there are crime relates websites everywhere. If it's a bad thing then you can find it on the dark web.
There is no theme too dark or too depraved on the dark web. Thread carefully if you plan to go there.

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
It's Tor and onion sites!

Reactions: faraway_beach and highlyvolatile
tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
If you want a better understanding you should google the concept. But basically it's a part of the web that cannot be accessed through regular web browsers, you can use a browser called Tor to access the dark web. Because of the anonymity that the dark web provides you can find many sites meant for illegal activities such as buying drugs that can assist in suicide.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
the dark web is where the *bad* shit happens, were you are untraceable, were the fun begins...

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Would it be worth getting Tor, in case I can't get sodium nitrite on Amazon or ebay? And how do I get it?

tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
Would it be worth getting Tor, in case I can't get sodium nitrite on Amazon or ebay? And how do I get it?
I don't think you'll find SN on the dark web since it's legal in almost all countries

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
The "dark web" is where Black Widows and Brown Recluses hang out,on there webs in dark damp places waiting for insects to fall into their web.

They bite their prey,fill them with poison,and suck the fluids from their bodies in order too feed upon.Often times, the same species.

Reactions: Skathon and GoodPersonEffed
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
The dark web can be interesting. Ive been browsing it a lot to find suicide methods, especially on H.A. (Idk if I'm allowed to say the name). There are stories of scary shit there, but to be fair, I've seen scarier shit on the clearnet and on the dark web mostly down sites. People use it to do illegal stuff like buy weed/guns (where its not legal). I do not recommend doing illegal stuff. If you wanna browse better use a vpn. It can be interesting.

edit: spelling

FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
There's no such a thing as "the" dark web. And it's more boring than you think.

The word "web" comes from the web-like structure of pages linked together by hyperlinks. There are many webs that are internally connected, but not externally connected to each other. The web that we're all familiar with and are browsing right now -- the World Wide Web -- is the biggest hyperlinked web in the world.

A dark web is a web of pages on a nonstandard network that, for technical reasons, can't be browsed in the same way that the World Wide Web can be browsed, and so it can't be connected to the World Wide Web. One example is the web of Tor onion services. Tor is designed to make it as hard as possible to figure out the ISP and location of anyone on the network. This design is intended to protect the owners and users of onion services from scrutiny. There are dark webs other than Tor, e.g. Freenet.

Think "dark" as in "obscure", not "dark" as in "evil".

It just so happens that the obscurity is useful for illegal activities, hence the "dark as in evil" reputation.

Reactions: Skathon
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't think you'll find SN on the dark web since it's legal in almost all countries

But...isn't that the point of using the dark web? To get things that are illegal?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
No one has mentioned this yet. But the dark web mostly consists of banking information and private gov or corporate networks/databases. Tor and onion sites are only a small fraction of it. The NSA infiltrated Tor a good while back so it's not as private as people think anymore.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I thought it was that little button at the bottom of this site that turned everything dark.:blarg::sunglasses::wink: