• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

DeathKitty

DeathKitty

Miserable
Apr 11, 2024
As a suicidal person I think about this a lot, what I would do in a scenario where death is highly possible.

For example, you're at the bank when a bank robber enters, he orders everyone to lay down on the floor or he will shoot you. What do you do?
A) cooperate with the assailant
B) disobey the orders given and possibly get shot fatally

There are ofc other options but I think these are the main ones. I don't know what I would do in a scenario like this. I don't know if I would want to go in such way, especially since the shooter might just shoot me in my leg or someplace where it wouldn't necessarily be fatal.

What would you do? Curious to read all your thoughts and opinions.

Sukui

Sukui

Dec 3, 2023
I would definitely be more willing to sacrifice myself in a situation like this compared to if i wasn't suicidal.
Dying while trying to stop a robber, terrorist and so on is certainly a better way to leave this world compared to the usual ways to CTB.
Though if i knew for sure that me disobeying the robbers order would just result in me getting shot without any chance of actually saving someone, i wouldn't do it. As you said yourself you might just get shot in the leg and suffer without having gained any benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathKitty
H

hereornot

May 16, 2024
I would definitely be more willing to sacrifice myself in a situation like this compared to if i wasn't suicidal.
Dying while trying to stop a robber, terrorist and so on is certainly a better way to leave this world compared to the usual ways to CTB.
Though if i knew for sure that me disobeying the robbers order would just result in me getting shot without any chance of actually saving someone, i wouldn't do it. As you said yourself you might just get shot in the leg and suffer without having gained any benefit.
Me too @Sukui

Reactions: Sukui
Hitakiri

Hitakiri

Melancholy
Mar 20, 2023
It depends if I was alone, or someone I cared for was there. My first instinct is to protect those I care for. I wouldn't mind dying, to make sure someone I loved, didn't. I wouldn't mind dying to try to save a life, like if a kid was drowning and I jumped in the water and got him out before being swept under the currents. But if a random dude showed up to a store I was at and started killing people I don't know, I'd just get out of there. It really depends on the situation. What I would not, however, do, is intentionally try to use the moment for the express purpose of dying. If someone robbed a bank I was at, I wouldn't intentionally just try to get myself shot by the robber for no reason. I would however do what I could to ensure the safety of someone I cared for, if they were in that bank with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: damienlerone03
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
I'm sure we'd all like to play the hero in our minds. Dying in a blaze of glory protecting others would make our deaths meaningful and less painful for others. But, as with any situation where our lives are threatened (ctb or otherwise), SI is intense, and trying to overcome it with a gun in your face is extremely difficult.

I'd hope I'd rush the bastard... but if my experiences with facing death have taught me anything I'd likely just lay down and wait for it to be over.

A

avalonisburning

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
May 12, 2024
If an armed robber holding up a store or a bank is willing to kill you, then they're more than willing to kill everyone else there as well, or anyone else they run into after they flee. Once they're done with you, they'll probably be so torqued up that they'll want to work over someone else, and they'll have less to lose since they've already taken a life. In this situation, I think it's for the best that you do what you can to appease the robber until they get what they want and leave, or the authorities can neutralize them, for the good of everyone else, despite how tempting the contrary seems.

The only time I would intentionally not act to save my life is if the threat were natural, like a wildfire, rockslide, or one of those superheated geothermal pools people mistake for hot springs, and I was the only one at risk.