DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
What would you WANT to happen after your death. I'm not talking about what you think will actually happen. Just if you could CHOOSE your afterlife what would it look like?

Do you just want non-existence? It's over. Nothing more.

Would you like to go to a place like heaven? What would heaven look like to you?

Would you want to be reincarnated and as what? As a being on another planet? Reincarnated how many times? Just once? Three times as different things? forever?

Would you want to be able to change it after some time has passed? Like live a little bit in a heaven with your favorite foods and kittens then go into non-existence? Would you want to be a ghost for a bit and scare the shit out of people and then move on to something else?

Would you actually want to be punished in a type of hell? What would you want that to look like? Is it forever or just a little while?

Would you like to become a being of light or something and become one with the universe?

Or anything else. Anything you want even if you don't believe it'll happen. What would you choose as your afterlife if you could choose anything? It's not meant to be a discussion on what actually happens. It's just a fantasy question not what may or may not happen. I'm just interested.

For me, I'm indecisive... I'd want to be a ghost like entity for a little bit to see what happens here, then move on... I'm not sure yet what I'd want that to be though.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, LifeQuitter and Addled and Rattled
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hope it's just like traditional depictions of heaven where I get whatever I want for eternity until eventually I get sick of it and then I can peacefully fade into nonexistence.

Of course like with every afterlife thread I have to mention that this is basically just exactly how The Good Place depicts the afterlife after it's successfully reformed for the better.

• Love
Reactions: DeathSleep and Addled and Rattled
Addled and Rattled

Addled and Rattled

Mar 15, 2023
I hope it's just like traditional depictions of heaven where I get whatever I want for eternity until eventually I get sick of it and then I can peacefully fade into nonexistence.

Of course like with every afterlife thread I have to mention that this is basically just exactly how The Good Place depicts the afterlife after it's successfully reformed for the better.
Dude same, I would love for this to be what the afterlife is like. I'd want to just soak up all the knowledge in the universe and indulge in hobbies and then just peacefully return to the fabric of consciousness when I get tired of it.

Reactions: DeathSleep and Dr Iron Arc
YourLocalSadGirly

YourLocalSadGirly

May 6, 2024
Personally I hope my afterlife is just a long sequence of dreams that slowly fade into nothingness. I saw this interpretation of the afterlife somewhere and it's always stuck with me. I love dreaming because it always feels comfy and blissful in a way that's hard to describe. Idk I've always liked dreaming because it feels like someone else is living my life for me and I can finally relax. I'd eventually want it to stop bc I don't want to be left in some kind of junji ito type long dream forever.

• Love
Reactions: DeathSleep and soledad.virgen
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I'd keep a pretty open mind as long as it's something that doesn't require me to carry over this pain.

If I had my choice? Anything that involves reuniting with my family after we're all gone... I might even keep the pain to be able to do that...

• Love
Reactions: DeathSleep and landslide2
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Permanent non existence. It's what I want the most

Reactions: DeathSleep
soledad.virgen

soledad.virgen

call me sol
Dec 1, 2020
Personally I hope my afterlife is just a long sequence of dreams that slowly fade into nothingness. I saw this interpretation of the afterlife somewhere and it's always stuck with me. I love dreaming because it always feels comfy and blissful in a way that's hard to describe. Idk I've always liked dreaming because it feels like someone else is living my life for me and I can finally relax. I'd eventually want it to stop bc I don't want to be left in some kind of junji ito type long dream forever.
yes! this would be really wonderful and surreal, i can't imagine anything better

disjectamembra

disjectamembra

the universe is going to catch you
Oct 1, 2024
i would like to reincarnate as a star - i have always loved space and stars. life would be so peaceful and quiet. and in billions of years when i finally die as a star i would like to come back to earth and reincarnate as an animal, human, plant or whatever, i dont care.

Reactions: DeathSleep and Demi-Fiend
ChronicAnamnesis

ChronicAnamnesis

Oct 7, 2024
I believe any form of immortality is very scary considering time will never end. I enjoy closure as in my days so i'd prefer complete non-existence

Stripe19

Stripe19

Forgotten Martyr
Feb 28, 2023
What would you WANT to happen after your death.
I think, ideally, i would want to somehow be privy to everything happening after im gone, but at a whim. All the time im not, i can simply sorta lucid dream, but i dont properly ever wake up, so much as get a window into what has become of those who still live. Sorta like a window into it for me to see. I know the consequence, logically, and part of it would exactly be a little bit to punish myself (for what i did when i was alive) and mostly just cause i know im a really curious creature. Maybeee in some way have a very small impact back on it, but aside from like a very small ghosty moment here or there, i'd just want to know. What has become of the world as a whole, what came of (person), stuff like that. I know it's weird, because id not be a part of it, but i also know i'd never stop wondering if i had any amount of consciousness in this theoretical afterlife. I wouldnt want to be *staying* there but i'd visit, just to catch up on things knowing i have no possible actual effect on it. Eventually though, i know i would eventually probs go for some final little hell torture sesh, play out a final little fantasy, then fade into nothing.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing, I only want to never suffer in this cruel, torturous existence ever again, I only wish to be permanently unconscious where I'm finally at true eternal peace where I cannot suffer anymore, I cannot feel any pain and all is gone for me. I'd never wish for the burden of existence, to be conscious under any circumstances is something deeply undesirable to me, I'd personally be relieved to never exist again, it's all I've ever wished for, in my case ceasing to exist would be the only relief in this existence that only ever caused me to suffer.

I

Ineedthis18743

Oct 6, 2024
I wouldn't want to watch over my loved ones. That sounds like hell tbh. Seeing them live their lives. Watching them. Seeing them and everything that is happening but not being apart of it would hurt. I'd love to have another go round or maybe have the afterlife be a dream almost. Living happily ever after in a life you wish you'd had with the people you wish were there