C

cantdecidenameeven

Oct 2, 2024
What do you need? What would give you a great reason to stick around? Can we help you achieve it?

For me, I think it's love. I want to be loved by someone who isn't forced to love me. Like I'm loved by parents and siblings, but what choice did they have? They had to live with me for 2 decades.

Business working out would be a huge W too. Then I can travel.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and alone, Forever Sleep, Reflection and 1 other person
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
I wanted My mom not ill

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Lost Magic and Reflection
HereIGoAgain24

HereIGoAgain24

Sep 2, 2024
I haven't 'made up my mind' about CTB per se- it's more that I bought the method so it's there if I'm ever ready. That said, the biggest thing that would eliminate the desires, in all honesty, would be for this world to start showing signs of lasting improvement. Seeing how completely screwed everything is has convinced me that, regardless of what's going on in my personal life, the external situation is rapidly unraveling- but far worse, the attitudes/actions of our leaders and their followers only perpetuate this cycle of misery. It's this constant selfishness, this greed, and this sectarianism, that's killing all of us.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Nothing Will change my mind about killing myself asap

Logically I don't want any thing from this evil world and evil life

I never want to exist under any circumstances

The only way some one could help me is to help me with suicide like shooting me in the head. But they made that a crime precisely to keep everyone in this prison as a slave

Why is it illegal to pay someone to help me with suicide?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and alone, nihilistic_dragon, mellowdependency and 4 others
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I need my brain to function properly and let me enjoy things. Then I will have no more reasons to CTB.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, nihilistic_dragon, mellowdependency and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nothing really. The problem with life is existence itself. I guess if I had lots of money and could be a neet, I'd stick by for a bit longer so that I could help some suicidal people here get access to things that are inaccessible to them due to financial barriers or just those who are suicidal from financial problems but, aside from that, I'd still want to be dead. The issue with life is existence itself and, even if I was the richest person on earth, it wouldn't change the fact that I'd still have to exist and that I'm still subject to suffering and pain

Reactions: LifeQuitter, wren-briar, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
To rebuild a healthy realtionship with my ex girlfriend before she moves on with someone else...thats all I ever want from this life.

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar
anopenwound

anopenwound

I̸'̷m̵ ̸g̶o̷i̶n̵g̷ ̶h̵o̶m̶e̶.̵
Jul 27, 2024
Getting the ability to feel joy back.

• Love
Reactions: Unsure and alone, LifeQuitter, ForgottenAgain and 2 others
C

chester

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
Right now I need to make up my mind instead of changing it. I can't stand living, but I can't kill myself either. I tried multiple times.
I wish I could just die without having to do it myself.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and alone, LifeQuitter, wren-briar and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally I just don't wish to exist at all, instead all I hope for is to never exist again, to me existing is the most futile, torturous and painful burden that just caused me to suffer, I'd always prefer to peacefully not exist than to suffer for decades longer just to be tortured by old age. I've suffered so much for so long, more than anything I wish I never existed, I wish I could erase my existence so it's like I never suffered at all, to me existing will always be deeply undesirable, I'll always see it as the most horrific, terrible tragedy to exist.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, wren-briar and nihilistic_dragon
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Even if by some miracle all my problems got resolved, I doubt I would want to keep existing. Life has no meaning. I cannot exist without meaning.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and wren-briar
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Arcanist
Feb 10, 2024
Too many things, none of which have changed in 60 years. The only thing that's changed is my ability to deal with them and they 🤔 no I owe it to myself to allow myself release after all that time coping with everything for the sake of others. There's so little time left in my natural life so I fell like "let's just cut to the chase". Fast forward to the ending.
Too many things, none of which have changed in 60 years. The only thing that's changed is my ability to deal with them and they 🤔 no I owe it to myself to allow myself release after all that time coping with everything for the sake of others. There's so little time left in my natural life so I fell like "let's just cut to the chase". Fast forward to the ending.

• Aww..
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Having a healthy brain

• Love
Reactions: anopenwound, ForgottenAgain and wren-briar
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
To be honest, I'm not sure if there would be anything that would make me want to live, more so making me tolerate staying for a while longer. Before it was for my family, friends, and dog. Now I feel like I'm kind of already wrapping things up by distancing myself from them, holding off on jobs or anything else that would get in the way. I already delayed CTB a few times due to taking care of other people's needs first or something I felt like had to be done. I maybe sort of wish there was something to truly want to stay alive for but for the most part I just feel like I'm done and am ready to go.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and alone, divinemistress36 and wren-briar
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
Currently, it would be having an absolutely, legally enforceable guarantee that I would NEVER again be subjected to unasked for or unwanted mother-f'ing psychiatric crisis f'ing interventions: no suicidal intention interrogations, no coffin rooms, no psych prisons, no psychologically bully via the threat of state-sanctioned imprisonment because of my firmly held moral beliefs and resulting "exit plans", " retirement plans", and my "safety plans" ever again.

As for the absolutely, legally enforceable guarantee, if I were to ever again be thusly subjugated, then every single person who -in anyway- contributed to me being subjected to such actions or places would (a) have to watch as I killed myself -as a direct and explicit response- to such subjugation and (b) have to spend the rest of their lives in the psych prison of my choice.

As for "currently", I would still be able to CTB for other reasons of my choosing (e.g. developing dementia, becoming quadriplegic, etc.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and alone and LifeQuitter
cohomology

cohomology

Oct 5, 2024
Nothing that's even remotely realistic. I think I've lived enough already. I've already made a promise to myself to ctb.

Reactions: LifeQuitter and wren-briar
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Nothing. I simply wish I wasn't born, and I'd never want to live any life at any point in time. CTB is the only way I have a chance at nothingness/non-existence, and I hope it's eternal and I don't come back in some form.

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter and wren-briar
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
For my part, just having somebody in my life, somebody to love and to be loved by her/him, not necessary at all a girlfriend/boyfriend (I'm not interested in sexual relations) but somebody to talk with, to feel quiet with, to share ideas, points of view, and daily life as it is.

• Aww..
crimsonsflower

crimsonsflower

OWN
Feb 4, 2024
i'm not sure. i wish i could say that fixing my irrevocably ruined life would give me motivation to keep on but i'm finding that even that wouldn't fix the emptiness i feel deep down in my core. something fundamental was broken in me a long time ago that even years of therapy hasn't fixed. i'm sure there are others who feel as though their existence was doomed from the start but maybe feeling less hopelessly trapped in my own life could possibly change my mind.

• Aww..
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Unrealistic: Wipe my mental health records clean. Wipe my memory of all sexual abuse. Start over. With my friends. Prevent the tragedy. Prevent the suicidial thoughts from emerging. Be a star student and go to a university to be a surgeon.

Realistic: Move halfway across the country in an urban middle class town with a job that pays a living wage and start over. I'm building funds to do that. I don't want to abandon my family, I love them dearly (Asian family, we always stick together), but I think it's better for me to leave everyone than tell the truth of what happened to me as a child. It would hurt, significantly, but I won't be suicidial. I will have a new life. A new chance.

• Aww..
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Easy. I would just need a girlfriend.

On second thought, not so easy.

• Aww..
P

purplesky9

Sep 21, 2024
If my social anxiety was cured. If I won the lottery so I no longer had any financial problems.

guineapiglover8503

guineapiglover8503

Emily
Oct 7, 2024
What do you need? What would give you a great reason to stick around? Can we help you achieve it?

For me, I think it's love. I want to be loved by someone who isn't forced to love me. Like I'm loved by parents and siblings, but what choice did they have? They had to live with me for 2 decades.

For me it's finding a partner. I've never been able to find someone so if I were to find someone who I can trust and share my feelings to, it might talk me out of it.

Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
Don't discount the love your family has for you. Spending two decades with you doesn't make that a given; Jennette McCurdy is a good example. They still love you. That doesn't mean it's just because you're family.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Don't discount the love your family has for you. Spending two decades with you doesn't make that a given; Jennette McCurdy is a good example. They still love you. That doesn't mean it's just because you're family.
If Jennette McCurdy loved me then I guess that would be enough to halt my CTB. 🤔

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
At this point, I don't believe there is much will actually change my opinion. If I had endless money, it would not help me feel anymore connected to the world. Yes of course having no financial problems helps but I am fortunate enough to fit into that category. Potentially having enough money to help other people might make me feel better for a while.

I'm so burnt out I feel like I'm hurtling towards a brick wall at speed and whatever I do the crash will come. The impending doom. So might as well plan and exit in a way I can control.

The problem is the reasons I struggle for me personally is also the reasons I have my greatest strengths. So I wouldn't be me if I wasn't autistic and what if the few things I'm good at go and I'm still left feeling an outsider. I am lucky enough to feel included in part of society what if that meant I didn't have that.

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel beyond that now to be honest. If I answered that when I was younger, there would have been things I desperately wanted. I either worked super hard to at least achieve them partially- and yet, I still feel like this. Or, they would require too much to achieve now- I may still not achieve them despite the effort or, they may turn out to be as much of an anticlimax as the things I have achieved.

I'm pretty good at telling myself why certain things wouldn't work. In some ways, I think I'm accurate in that. I know from experience what does and doesn't make me feel better.

Maybe the biggest outstanding one would have been to find a partner. I think I'd have to be a different person for that now though. Not only would I need to make a whole lot more effort to be attractive, I don't think it would be fair to deliberately find someone when suicide is very firmly on the cards and I have no real intention to 'recover'.

In many ways, my reluctance to let go of who I feel I am now- I suppose wallowing in melancholly is stronger than my want to be with someone. I don't think many people really want to be around someone like that and I don't blame them. They'll either take it super seriously and be super worried and try to make things better. Then, I'd probably feel guilty and pretend to feel better but end up feeling like that was all an act. That seems like a very lonely way to live. Or I imagine they would just get oversaturated with it all and not take it seriously- which would also feel very lonely. So, I feel like my idea of love is more based on someone I'm not and fairy tales. I think the actual thing could end up making me feel worse!

It's a similar situation with career ambitions. I would have liked to have climbed higher but realistically, that would have meant working with others. Working with others who are far better than me, which just crushes what little confidence I have.

So, I suppose I just feel like realistically, in some ways my life is as good as it's gonna get and I still hate it! I suppose money would relieve some of the major stresses in my life but would do little to fix the core problems. Plus, I still wouldn't want to get old and ill.

• Love
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024

a trillion dollars.

nah but in all seriousness that might help. if i could spend the rest of my life only doing the things that i enjoy - reading, watching shows or movies, talking to my friends, joking around etc etc i would be fine. but life comes with alot of downsides and i dont remember agreeing to these terms and conditions. i have no will to work or start a family or do anything of substance really. i have major tests coming up for my last year of school, ones that determine to a large extent the course of your life. and i KNOW i wont do anything for them (if i stuck around). i couldnt do it before i was suicidal and now that i am, i know its just a lost cause. hoping ill be dead long before those tests come around.

• Love
BoredNTired

BoredNTired

Wants to sleep for a good long while
Sep 30, 2024
I don't think there really is anything. My exterior environment and circumstances aren't good, but the reason I want to CTB is ultimately myself. I don't think I am capable of being content while I exist as myself, and I don't belive myself to be capable of changing to the extent where hapiness would be achivable without extreme effort, medication, and difficulty that I would rather not suffer through. The only thing that could change my mind I think would be becoming a different person, but that wouldn't be much different than death anyways.

• Love
Reactions: cantdecidenameeven and wren-briar