Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
With my country (USA) giving us stimulus checks and many others, What do you plan to spend it on?

I have been wanting to get EMT certified and stop working at mcdonald's and I finally have the money and all the courses are super discounted right now

• Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Poptart and GoodPersonEffed
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I dont think Ill get shit because I havent filed a tax return in several years...Also not on Social Security yet so maybe Ill just sell my remaining stuff to the "lucky" recipients.

rat.girl

rat.girl

Apr 3, 2020
Rent and other bills because my hours at work are nonexistent right now. I literally have worked 4 hours in the past month.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
In the UK, they are screwing us for income, they need to take a leaf out of america's books! Over here peoples incomes are down 20% min, they are upping some benefits, but its still below national standard of living.
People who have lost jobs are rarely getting sick pay, the government have promised SOME self employed people a grant, but that's not applicable to all and won't come into force until June Min.

So yea those getting help from their government, count yourselves lucky and make the most of it and enjoy it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem and Brink
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
luckily, Canada is giving 2k a month with their Emergency Response Bursaries to citizens. i just applied. and hope they also give more to unemployed students, those whom are disabled, in the coming days as they intend to do.

honestly, use it to further help pay for school, perhaps save some to go towards buying N or F, personal care necessities.

i just don't really know if anything of monetary value like money can help me feel better in any sort of way. ofc, that's different for everyone and it's a make or break deal for others.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nem, Despondent, TAW122 and 1 other person
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"You guys are getting paid?" ©

Reactions: Fragile
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I haven't received my Corona bucks yet (I did work last year and did file taxes). When I receive it, I plan to save most of it and hopefully someday even temporarily move out of my parents' place to get my own place or rent at someone else's home. I don't think I'd be able to do that until the pandemic is over (which could still be many months from now). I want to get my own place, even temporarily so I am able to more comfortably CTB with less chance of interference.

Since I live with my parents (ever since my living arrangement changed end of last year, in 2019) right now, it's difficult to get my things and also find a golden opportunity to CTB. However, I'm just about ready to check out, just have to wait until the right time and opportunity to do so (as well as getting my method back into direct access).

Also I see no point in doing many other things in life that are unattainable (won't get into all the details because I don't want to detract from the topic and it's rather long), so pretty much once I've decided that life sucks, it isn't for me, then at the end, money wouldn't really matter since I'll be dead. Another thing is I ask myself, what's the point in participating in society, making all the money, and living a long life full of suffering with maybe short times of reprieve? Why support a society that effectively shits on me and my rights (right to choice between life or death) as well as people in my boat? Therefore, I'm just using my corona bucks in order to secure my self deliverance.

Last edited:
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
My parents have me as a dependent on my taxes. I won't see a dime of that money.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
luckily, Canada is giving 2k a month with their Emergency Response Bursaries to citizens. i just applied. and hope they also give more to unemployed students, those whom are disabled, in the coming days as they intend to do.

honestly, use it to further help pay for school, perhaps save some to go towards buying N or F, personal care necessities.

i just don't really know if anything of monetary value like money can help me feel better in any sort of way. ofc, that's different for everyone and it's a make or break deal for others.

so they give the CERB to people who lost their job due to covid19 reasons, but not to people who are unemployed before the covid19 and are now looking for a job but cant find one. so are you saying that they planning on giving money to unemployed in the near future as well?

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Clothes but it's like this too
giphy.gif

coreofanapple

coreofanapple

I am un chien andalusia
Mar 31, 2020
I'll find a cheap new laptop, then squirrel away the rest. I have a paranoid feeling that my mom will find a way to steal it, but that's my impending mental breakdown talking.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
IF I get it I'm using it to help pay for my dogs surgery. I have been unemployed for a few years but filed taxes anyway since they said those that normally need to file taxes should anyway and added bank info (US).
I dont think Ill get shit because I havent filed a tax return in several years...Also not on Social Security yet so maybe Ill just sell my remaining stuff to the "lucky" recipients.
If I'm not mistaken I read where people who don't normally need to file tax returns should do so for 2019 even if it's zero income. That way your processed in the system and receive the stimulus check. (This is in US I'm not sure where you live though)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nem
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I'm in Canada and I somehow have two jobs (I sleep three hours a night due to illness so I can't believe it either) one of the jobs is technically self employed and it slowed right down and the other job is like 4-10 hours a week so I don't qualify for the emergency benefit and I'm freaking out, I'm down to like 400 a month and that doesn't even come close to covering my rent. Holy shit this is bad
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: faust, DyslexicForeigner and GoodPersonEffed
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
so they give the CERB to people who lost their job due to covid19 reasons, but not to people who are unemployed before the covid19 and are now looking for a job but cant find one. so are you saying that they planning on giving money to unemployed in the near future as well?
i fit in the boat of the unemployed BEFORE the COVID crisis. im a full-time student and i chose not to work while in school this year to focus snd get my grades up and chose to rely on a summer job to pay for my tuition next year.

however, the moneys only given to people who were working and stopped because of the covid, not those who didn't have a job unfortunately. and it absolutely sucks, cause 1.2 million canadians were unemployed or layed off BEFORE the pandemic. The CERB has left out hundreds of thousands of people. and i HOPE they do something about it soon; as they said they recognize this and they will. but so far, they've neglected the disabled, canadian students, and homeless people or those who were unemployed before the pandemic and before march 15th.

• Aww..
Reactions: faust and DyslexicForeigner
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Unfortunately, I cannot get anything from the country I am citizen of and cannot get anything from the country I live in.
I was not employed before and already have 3 declined applications.
Cannot get any disability allowance and not eligible for job-seeker allowance.
Will try to apply for the second, but 99% probability I will get nothing.

Reactions: Skathon