• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
I was going to jump on NYE but after joining, I was pointed to the easiness of SN instead. I have already found the items I need, I just need to purchase them at this point.

A few things to note:
1. I have a 15 year old cat in good health that lives with me. I love him but I dont know what would happen to him if I killed myself. Can my boyfriend take him? Is that allowed? My boyfriend does not live with me, would he be allowed to come in after if the police have already been notified? He does not have his own key (he does however have a key to my car).

2. I live with roommates. I live in a "rent by the room" apartment and I figure either they or my boyfriend would be the first to find me. My roommates never go into my room, but if my boyfriend gets worried enough he might text them to check up on me. My cats necessities are in my room, so I would probably leave the door unlocked (but closed).

3. this isn't really about the cat, but I have a lot of possessions (some of which are my boyfriends). This kinda falls under #1, but would he be able to come collect his stuff? I dont have a will, and no I'm not getting one. He is named as my beneficiary for my money though.

4. Last but not least, is leaving a suicide note a good or a bad idea? I know it matters heavily on the people and situation...but I feel like I have a lot of complicated things that I would need to pass on. For instance I would want to pay off all my debt before I go so no one would have to worry about it, but they wouldn't know (as it would be very strange to suddenly spend all my money on that instead of my regular payments).

I'm not very good with the words and mushy stuff, and I only have two people I would address (my boyfriend - who is really less of a boyfriend and more of a friend, and my good/best friend. Family would be sad but I do not really care.) Part of me doesnt want to leave any kind of note at all because I wouldn't want them to remember me. But I know that is an impossibility. On the other hand, I'm a very toxic person and I've just started another giant fight with my best friend and I dont have anything super nice to say about my boyfriend because I'm very selfish and emotionally detached. So I'm not sure what I would even say. They are both wonderful people, which I can say but that would sound hollow if put down on paper. My boyfriend would blame himself (which, yeah, he started it) and my best friend wouldn't take it well either. But I have nothing empathetic to say to them. My honest feelings are that I wish they would forget my existence. Not even hate me because then id still be in their thoughts. I think they are stupid to keep letting me abuse them the way I do. I wish they'd wise up and cut off contact with me.

sorry that turned into a kind of vent. Regardless, would my cat/belongings be able to go home with my boyfriend? I guess it doesnt matter cuz I'll be dead, but still.

• Hugs
Reactions: auniqueusername669, Wrennie, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
I'm sorry for what you are going through. :hug: I did find this with a Google search. There could be more.

I appreciate the articles. Unfortunately I'm not really looking to rehome him... ideally my boyfriend would be able to take him home. He loves my cat and just recently lost his own cat due to old age, and I think my cat would have a happier time with someone familiar than a random stranger.

the other issue is I guess I'm so afraid of things not working, or of failing or chickening out, that I'm not really prepared to make long term arrangements like rehoming my cat or getting a will. Like I wont quit my job either, because what if I lived? All of my attempts (or attempts at attempts or even just plans) have centered around my job and personal life, just in case something went wrong. That way I could (as much as possible) seamlessly slip back into normal life. And giving my cat away would be insane of me to do, i took so much extra care to move him across the country to California with me that people would know immediately what I was planning to do if I did that. And it would make me sad...because I would have to give him away and I wouldn't want that... not while I'm alive anyways...

• Hugs
Reactions: auniqueusername669, patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
I think leaving a note saying you wouldnt mind your boyfriend to take your cat and/or belongings would be enough, but I'm not sure. It doesnt have to be a long message, it could be a simple "Please x take my cat and possessions"
Usually a lawyer deals with this and it's more safe to do. Maybe have a talk with him (your bf) and ask him if he would willingly adopt your cat if something bad happens and if hed request to get the pet after you cbt, I don't think the police would have a problem with it, it'd be less work for them in the end. About the possessions though, I don't know. You could gift them all to him instead, before you cbt or pack it all in a box like a gift and write your boyfriends name on it, and that it is also from you

• Love
Reactions: nohopeforethefuture and not-2-b-the-answer
alpacasuitcase

alpacasuitcase

Jan 22, 2021
My note has things like "I would like -sister- to take -cat-" (cause I know she will)

I figure it's the best I can do because I'm not paying to have a will done tbh

• Hugs
  • Love
nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
I think leaving a note saying you wouldnt mind your boyfriend to take your cat and/or belongings would be enough, but I'm not sure. It doesnt have to be a long message, it could be a simple "Please x take my cat and possessions"
Usually a lawyer deals with this and it's more safe to do. Maybe have a talk with him (your bf) and ask him if he would willingly adopt your cat if something bad happens and if hed request to get the pet after you cbt, I don't think the police would have a problem with it, it'd be less work for them in the end. About the possessions though, I don't know. You could gift them all to him instead, before you cbt or pack it all in a box like a gift and write your boyfriends name on it, and that it is also from you
I never thought about wrapping it up in a gift. I could do that. Thank you. =)
My note has things like "I would like -sister- to take -cat-" (cause I know she will)

I figure it's the best I can do because I'm not paying to have a will done tbh
Same.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
I wouldn't worry about debt. No they be in s responsible for it unless they co-signed.

nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
I wouldn't worry about debt. No they be in s responsible for it unless they co-signed.
I think my debt would get passed on to my family, but I think you're right. I'm not too worried about it. =)

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I was going to jump on NYE but after joining, I was pointed to the easiness of SN instead. I have already found the items I need, I just need to purchase them at this point.

A few things to note:
1. I have a 15 year old cat in good health that lives with me. I love him but I dont know what would happen to him if I killed myself. Can my boyfriend take him? Is that allowed? My boyfriend does not live with me, would he be allowed to come in after if the police have already been notified? He does not have his own key (he does however have a key to my car).

2. I live with roommates. I live in a "rent by the room" apartment and I figure either they or my boyfriend would be the first to find me. My roommates never go into my room, but if my boyfriend gets worried enough he might text them to check up on me. My cats necessities are in my room, so I would probably leave the door unlocked (but closed).

3. this isn't really about the cat, but I have a lot of possessions (some of which are my boyfriends). This kinda falls under #1, but would he be able to come collect his stuff? I dont have a will, and no I'm not getting one. He is named as my beneficiary for my money though.

4. Last but not least, is leaving a suicide note a good or a bad idea? I know it matters heavily on the people and situation...but I feel like I have a lot of complicated things that I would need to pass on. For instance I would want to pay off all my debt before I go so no one would have to worry about it, but they wouldn't know (as it would be very strange to suddenly spend all my money on that instead of my regular payments).

I'm not very good with the words and mushy stuff, and I only have two people I would address (my boyfriend - who is really less of a boyfriend and more of a friend, and my good/best friend. Family would be sad but I do not really care.) Part of me doesnt want to leave any kind of note at all because I wouldn't want them to remember me. But I know that is an impossibility. On the other hand, I'm a very toxic person and I've just started another giant fight with my best friend and I dont have anything super nice to say about my boyfriend because I'm very selfish and emotionally detached. So I'm not sure what I would even say. They are both wonderful people, which I can say but that would sound hollow if put down on paper. My boyfriend would blame himself (which, yeah, he started it) and my best friend wouldn't take it well either. But I have nothing empathetic to say to them. My honest feelings are that I wish they would forget my existence. Not even hate me because then id still be in their thoughts. I think they are stupid to keep letting me abuse them the way I do. I wish they'd wise up and cut off contact with me.

sorry that turned into a kind of vent. Regardless, would my cat/belongings be able to go home with my boyfriend? I guess it doesnt matter cuz I'll be dead, but still.
The RSPCA have a "Home for life scheme" where they will take your putty cat once you've popped your clogs and look after the cat until they can find pussycat a new loving home! it's free to sign up,you can go online and request a form,fill it in and that's that, Easy!

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and nohopeforethefuture
nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
The RSPCA have a "Home for life scheme" where they will take your putty cat once you've popped your clogs and look after the cat until they can find pussycat a new loving home! it's free to sign up,you can go online and request a form,fill it in and that's that, Easy!
Thank you. =) but I'd probably want my boyfriend to take him in. That way he would be with someone familiar.

• Love
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Thank you. =) but I'd probably want my boyfriend to take him in. That way he would be with someone familiar.
That's cool, But at least you have another option to fall back on should your boyfriend for whatever reason not be able to take your Pussycat! Have a positive day 'Nohopeforthefuture' :-)

• Love
nohopeforethefuture

nohopeforethefuture

I deserve to die
Nov 30, 2020
That's cool, But at least you have another option to fall back on should your boyfriend for whatever reason not be able to take your Pussycat! Have a positive day 'Nohopeforthefuture' :-)
Thank you, you as well. =)