Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
I've got so much regret over bad decisions that I've made. Now I'm stuck and I just can't move forward. My health is now completely screwed up, and I spend most of my time just regretting these ridiculous decisions. I feel like there's no way of fixing the damage that's been done, yet I really don't want to die. So I'm stuck in this ridiculous situation, desperately trying to figure out how to move forward in life. However, I'm starting to think that may never be possible.

Can anyone relate?

What is your biggest botched decision in life?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: noname123, Jon Arbuckle, divinemistress36 and 6 others
blueberrypie

blueberrypie

Searching 4 relief
Oct 24, 2024
I understand your sentiment and I do also have a big list of screwups, but I also believe everything has meaning. Without doing the things you did you would have never grown, you would never have fuck ups to reflect over and learn from. It's never too late, your life has opportunities, they're just hidden from your direct line of sight.

Have you searched for professional help? If not, try it, it hasn't worked out for me, but it's different for everyone. It's important to value your own experiences as a part of you, not something that has it's own body and mind. Life is both objective and subjective, things happen the way they happen, but you create the reaction.

Hope you find freedom and solutions in your journey.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I feel this way as well. I feel a lot like I would rather be dead than continue to regret my stupid past decisions and feeling like I can't fix my problems makes me feel trapped. I wouldn't regret what I can't think about.

Reactions: Tuonetar_, Hollowman, -Toplox- and 1 other person
-Toplox-

-Toplox-

Nov 25, 2018
Yes. I can absolutely relate to this. I'm in a mental shit hole so I don't feel like expanding much more but my no. 1 issues are humiliation, regret and shame. I don't want to die yet either but I'm not positive there are viable solutions to all this shit. Best wishes. Bless

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I probably have liver and organ damage from drug and alcohol abuse. Yet I crave drugs and alcohol. I regret ever trying because now my brain remembers and knows a way to numb my mental pain non-holistically.

Reactions: theolivanderroach, -Toplox- and Praying 4 a Miracle
-Toplox-

-Toplox-

Nov 25, 2018
never tried to talk to anyone but if OP or any of you guys want to talk about this shit you can PM or add me on Discord if ya want

Hecubaa

Hecubaa

Sep 30, 2024
It wasn't exactly a decision but rather a chain of mindless choices and a lack of self-awareness that all led to my partner leaving me. Twice. And I obviously got so depressed that I ended up always drunk and fucked up my education/career as well. I don't exactly want to die either but the feeling of powerlessness in all aspects of my life is so overwhelming it doesn't seem like I have the mental power to get out of the shit hole I have gotten myself in.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle and -Toplox-
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Isn't looking back on your previous decisions with disappointment and disgust just part of growing older?
Like, some of the decisions I made when like 18 I look back on like, what the fuck was wrong with me? Should have done this, but instead I did that like an idiot

nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Yes. I've made some really bad decisions when I was younger. Some of them were my fault, some of them weren't. Unfortunately now is the time when I am having to face the consequences.