• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

reesespiecesaregood

reesespiecesaregood

Dec 27, 2019
Planning on being outta here before or very early April. I've already done a few things like get rid of a lot of clothes and things that I know nobody from my family would want, but I'm not sure what else I should make sure gets done before I ctb. I also checked about my student loans and they all will be discharged due to my death, no my family won't get stuck paying.
Otherwise, what else should I do? Schedule to close my bank account? Clear my phone? Anything you guys could think of would help!

Reactions: GinaIsReady, Indieblue and highlyvolatile
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Planning on being outta here before or very early April. I've already done a few things like get rid of a lot of clothes and things that I know nobody from my family would want, but I'm not sure what else I should make sure gets done before I ctb. I also checked about my student loans and they all will be discharged due to my death, no my family won't get stuck paying.
Otherwise, what else should I do? Schedule to close my bank account? Clear my phone? Anything you guys could think of would help!

If you have any subscriptions and paying with a debit card, credit card, paypal, Apple wallet, etc cancel them so you don't keep getting charged.

Reactions: GinaIsReady and reesespiecesaregood
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I would delete my internet history if I were you and also if you want, have goodbye letters written out to people

Reactions: GinaIsReady, reesespiecesaregood, Indieblue and 1 other person
departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
On some sites, you can pre-schedule an e-mail to be sent. That way, you can type goodbye e-mails ahead of time. Just make sure that the site is reliable and the scheduled e-mail can be cancelled if needed.

Reactions: GinaIsReady, reesespiecesaregood, highlyvolatile and 1 other person
Anon2662

Anon2662

Just a girl trapped in a psychological prison
Feb 13, 2020
On some sites, you can pre-schedule an e-mail to be sent. That way, you can type goodbye e-mails ahead of time. Just make sure that the site is reliable and the scheduled e-mail can be cancelled if needed.
I'm going to do this for the authorities to find my body. @reesespiecesaregood maybe if you have any specific requests for your funeral such as songs write them down for your family? Do you have a will?

• Hugs
Reactions: autumnal, GinaIsReady, highlyvolatile and 1 other person
W0ND3R_DOG

W0ND3R_DOG

Feb 25, 2020
It is good to have things like a will, or a trust for any property, items, bank accounts, and things like that. put someone as TOD (term of death) on any bank accounts or stocks you have that are going to be outside of a will or a trust. Also, make sure anything non-essential you are subscribed too is canceled like Spotify, apple music, youtube, Xbox live, etc. You should not clear your phone as someone may need your contacts list to notify other people of your passing, only delete things like games and internet history. Also, having both a living will and DNR (Do not resuscitate) is extremely important just in case something goes wrong and you do not want to be brought back or hooked up to machines to keep your body alive. My father passed away from cardiac issues recently and I have had to be the trustee for everything regarding his passing. He had everything done though an estate lawyer which has made things easier for me but it is still overwhelming. If you do not want to leave a mess for friends and family to deal with after you cbt its best to be as preprepared as you can. I hope that helps.

Reactions: autumnal
departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I'm going to do this for the authorities to find my body. @reesespiecesaregood maybe if you have any specific requests for your funeral such as songs write them down for your family? Do you have a will?
The local police department has an e-mail address to send tips for solving crimes. I've thought about sending a pre-scheduled e-mail to their address. I just have to make sure that I'm dead first. I don't need any inpatient commitments.

• Love
Reactions: autumnal and Anon2662
Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
The local police department has an e-mail address to send tips for solving crimes. I've thought about sending a pre-scheduled e-mail to their address. I just have to make sure that I'm dead first. I don't need any inpatient commitments.
Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing. I'll make sure it is sent hours after I start the ctb process so I'm sure I won't be saved. The thought of being sectioned again terrifies me so that cannot happen. When my time comes death can be the only option!

Reactions: autumnal and Indieblue
I

Indieblue

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
I sold some of my personal stuffs for my family. Not much, but hope it helps in arranging funeral.

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I sold some of my personal stuffs for my family. Not much, but hope it helps in arranging funeral.
I have an envelope with some cash in it which will hopefully help with the funeral expenses. I don't want my family to be 'penalized' with the expense of a funeral, burial plot, grave marker, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Indieblue
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I have an envelope with some cash in it which will hopefully help with the funeral expenses. I don't want my family to be 'penalized' with the expense of a funeral, burial plot, grave marker, etc.
I will let my parents pay for the funeral and donate the few thousand dollars I have left to someone who will do something useful with it.

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I will let my parents pay for the funeral and donate the few thousand dollars I have left to someone who will do something useful with it.
When you reach the point of no turning back, you could always donate some money to a charity.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
When you reach the point of no turning back, you could always donate some money to a charity.
Well yes depends on what you think allocating your resources to will yield the most profit for society. I have a specific person in mind who's work I want to promote since I think he can benefit a lot of people. Feeding poor people, as cynical as that might sound, can backfire in the end.

reesespiecesaregood

reesespiecesaregood

Dec 27, 2019

I don't have a will but I'm 22 and don't own anything or have much of value so I don't know if it'd make sense to get one, or even how to lol

Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
I don't have a will but I'm 22 and don't own anything or have much of value so I don't know if it'd make sense to get one, or even how to lol
I'm the same.. I have nothing of value really and I live with my mum and sister so they could just keep what they wanted.. just thought I'd check in case you had millions in the bank you'd forgotten about or anything ;)

Reactions: Indieblue
reesespiecesaregood

reesespiecesaregood

Dec 27, 2019
It is good to have things like a will, or a trust for any property, items, bank accounts, and things like that. put someone as TOD (term of death) on any bank accounts or stocks you have that are going to be outside of a will or a trust. Also, make sure anything non-essential you are subscribed too is canceled like Spotify, apple music, youtube, Xbox live, etc. You should not clear your phone as someone may need your contacts list to notify other people of your passing, only delete things like games and internet history. Also, having both a living will and DNR (Do not resuscitate) is extremely important just in case something goes wrong and you do not want to be brought back or hooked up to machines to keep your body alive. My father passed away from cardiac issues recently and I have had to be the trustee for everything regarding his passing. He had everything done though an estate lawyer which has made things easier for me but it is still overwhelming. If you do not want to leave a mess for friends and family to deal with after you cbt its best to be as preprepared as you can. I hope that helps.

This is very informative, thanks. How would I obtain a DNR? Wouldn't someone be suspicious of my getting one?
I'm the same.. I have nothing of value really and I live with my mum and sister so they could just keep what they wanted.. just thought I'd check in case you had millions in the bank you'd forgotten about or anything ;)

Haha if only!

Reactions: Anon2662
R

rookyhere

Sep 13, 2019
Yes try and do a will if possible

Reactions: autumnal
W0ND3R_DOG

W0ND3R_DOG

Feb 25, 2020
This is very informative, thanks. How would I obtain a DNR? Wouldn't someone be suspicious of my getting one?

No, I would not say It would be suspicious to get a DNR many people have them, but the paperwork is usually used on people with medical conditions that would cause future problems if life was resuscitated. That being said anyone can get one. A living will is used in both cases, not in place of a DNR, though physically healthy people are more likely to only have a living will and not a DNR. I think a living will is just as if not more important then a DNR and honestly a must if you are actually going to ctb. Getting a DNR can be a little tricky it varies from state to state and sometimes is only valid in the state you get one in so if you plan to ctb in another state (Assuming you are in the US) that can make the DNR invalid. It is usually done as part of a medical treatment plan or facility and signed by a doctor, it is legally binding. Your doctor can give you more information and more than likely the actual paperwork to sign or at least the correct resources to obtain the paperwork needed for your current state. A DNR is really only a small part of end of life/care planning.

You can get a living will and/or appoint a healthcare surrogate without having to get orders from a doctor. Both of these things either the living will which explains what you want to be done while you are in any way incapacitated or the healthcare surrogate which would essentially make these decisions while you were incapacitated. I think in most cases you can have both items in place. The living will to outline what you want to be done while incapacitated and the healthcare surrogate to make decisions on your behalf, in any case, the living will did not have an answer to a certain situation. If you do decide to have a healthcare surrogate it would need to be a family member or friend you trust to make the decisions you would make yourself if you were able.

I would recommend researching more on your own, see if anyone in your current medical treatment plan would be willing to help you with a DNR, you do not need to say anything about wanting to cbt. I personally just don't want CPR or to be Intubated and hooked up to a breathing machine, it scares the crap out of me whether I decide to ctb soon or wait a while. As far as a living will or appointing a healthcare surrogate goes that is really something you should pay an estate lawyer to handle for you, even if you do not decide to ctb it can cover everything from a car crash, heart attack or any other life-threatening medical event. If you can not afford an estate lawyer there are some other ways you can create a living will either on your own but those requirements vary on where you live and usually require at least two witnesses at the point the document is signed or with an online service like Legal Zoom. All living wills follow the same kind of template and should not be mistaken as a piece of paper that someone has written their last wishes on, it is a legally binding document. That being said a Will that takes place after someone has deceased is very different then a Living Will and in some states, a handwritten will is not a valid form final wishes and is not admissible evidence, in a court of law, if for some reason your estate has to go to probate after your death.

Everyone should plan for the worst as soon as possible regardless if wanting to cbt. I am currently in the middle of my own estate/trust planning even though I do not have much of anyone to leave anything too. At the very least I can request any possessions I do not feel I want to leave with someone after I die to be donated to a place of my choosing and not thrown away. Good luck with all your planning no matter what paperwork route you decide to go. I know it can be hard but it is the right thing to do for everyone you may leave behind.
I sold some of my personal stuff for my family. Not much, but hope it helps in arranging funeral.

My father's funeral was the least expensive part of his death. Having to pay for Ambulance, EMTs, fire department, body removal from the hospital to a funeral home for short term storage, and then his cremation at the funeral home was the most expensive part coming to over $1,500, It would have been a hell of a lot more (Thousands of dollars more) if he had not had health insurance (In United States, that stuff is not covered). The Funeral was only around $800 including some light snacks, service at a church, some music, and a paster, I am not religious but he was. I did the photo slideshow myself and bought thank you cards, a memory book, and cards, pens, other little odds and ends to use at the service from Amazon to save some money. I hope that helps you get an idea of how much money you should try to have saved up if you feel your family can not afford the costs.

As some others in this thread have stated they did not have a will due to them not owning many belongings... Regardless of what you own whether it be a home, money, or personal belongings (even if they hold no monetary value), you should have either a will or trust so your estate does not go to probate if it does not need to. Always no matter what have a living will in case you are unsuccessful in your cbt attempt.

Last edited: