OutOfThisBody

OutOfThisBody

What kind of cruel god would put me in this body?
Aug 5, 2024
Can anyone link posts featuring what people said to get their antiemetic prescribed? I saw some but I lost them and can't find them again.

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I said:

- I get migraines
- I have spoken to doctor about them

I can't remember the rest of the questions, but think it was common sense

Reactions: OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
You should have access to the search feature and that may be a good way to find posts about it too.

Another option is to say that in the past you tried different AEs like Zofran (for example) and they did not work but you had success with nausea from migraines from meto. If though the doctor says to try Zofran or something else first, just do it and then report it is not helping and would like to try something different.

It may be worth it to also look into other similar medications like meto that work in the protocol as generally asking for a medication by name is a no-no but I truly do not think someone would question asking for an AE (if you were asking for a benzo or pain med or something like that by name that would be a red flag, but here asking for an AE by name is not going to cause a red flag). Not suggesting anyone lie to their doctors to get medications, mind you. But in my experience asking for a not controlled medication by name is not going to set off alarm bells of any kind. Especially if someone says they know other medications do not work.

Someone could also dumb it down and not even ask by name or mispronounce it and be like "I feel it was called something like * mispronounce the medication name * and it really helped when that Zofran stuff didn't work, I wish I remembered its name right". May be a not bad idea to also say you have GERD as well and with migraines the nausea is really bad. Someone could also throw in maybe they got it prescribed after they had a surgery like gallstones/gallbladder removed and it really helped then and that you are hoping it can help alievate your severe nausea now.

Just my mild 2 cents (likely worth less than that).

Hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

Reactions: OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0