• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Hello guys.

Trying to find 2m rope, but they only sell it from 5-10 meters, tried to ask around if they can sell 1-2 meters, but they said they don't and that no one does... They say no one sells very short ropes whatsoever.

If I buy 10 meters of rope, what do I do with it? Cut it so that it becomes 2 meters? Or... I have no idea, please help!

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I don't see why there would be an issue with cutting it. I'd just look up the material online and see how it's suggested to do so so you don't mess up the integrity of the rope. If anything I think more rope would be safer just in case anything happened, then you have extra.

I imagine you're ordering online in some form. If there is the option to buy from a store in person, they might offer cutting to a certain length. I work in a hardware store in the US and we sell certain ropes/chains/wires by the foot. Not all of them and again if the cost isn't an issue then I think the more you have, the safer.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
I don't see why there would be an issue with cutting it. I'd just look up the material online and see how it's suggested to do so so you don't mess up the integrity of the rope. If anything I think more rope would be safer just in case anything happened, then you have extra.

I imagine you're ordering online in some form. If there is the option to buy from a store in person, they might offer cutting to a certain length. I work in a hardware store in the US and we sell certain ropes/chains/wires by the foot. Not all of them and again if the cost isn't an issue then I think the more you have, the safer.
Yes, I will have to order online. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find companies who cut it. I managed to find some ropes online, 10-15 meters, wrapped in a pack. By the way, what kind of rope should I use for partial/full hanging suspension, friend? I have a feeling you may know something, since you deal with ropes. Any tips?

Reactions: CommitSudoku
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
Quite honestly, I don't know for what kind of rope. There's a hanging megathread you can consult and perhaps other users will comment with more knowledge. Or even just search when you post more and get that feature unlocked. I'm more a DIY person myself, and I've always been able to have/find belts and ties that so far have worked for me. Last aborted hanging attempt I used a tie, note that I have nowhere that high to use so I can't have too much length so those work for me personally. And I actually just stock the shelves at my job, so I'm vaguely aware what we offer without knowing much at all specifically lol sorry I can't be of more help.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Quite honestly, I don't know for what kind of rope. There's a hanging megathread you can consult and perhaps other users will comment with more knowledge. Or even just search when you post more and get that feature unlocked. I'm more a DIY person myself, and I've always been able to have/find belts and ties that so far have worked for me. Last aborted hanging attempt I used a tie, note that I have nowhere that high to use so I can't have too much length so those work for me personally. And I actually just stock the shelves at my job, so I'm vaguely aware what we offer without knowing much at all specifically lol sorry I can't be of more help.
It's OK thank you for your reply

Reactions: CommitSudoku