anonymous anomaly

anonymous anomaly

Lost.
Jan 3, 2020
I was going to post this on the main forum, but I didn't think it'd fit there, so I'm putting it here.

So, I've been cutting for a few months now, because it's really helping me to cope with everything. I'm just using a small pen knife and sometimes I take apart a pencil sharpener. I feel like there are more opportunities out there though, that I'd like to try out. Was wondering what other methods there are and if the result is any different to what I have at the moment.

I don't want to people to find out yet and I guess I'm trying to see if it can help me 'more' in a way.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I don't know much about this, but a sterilized tool is safer. Sterilization greatly reduces the risk of inflammation. It's usually done with sanitizing alcohol, I think.

The best thing would be to find another coping method, but you probably don't want to hear me tell that. Nevertheless, stay safe.

• Love
Reactions: anonymous anomaly

Jan 7, 2020
I guess it really depends on where you cut, how much you want to do/need to feel 'better', ect. I've done it for years.. and I've used from a tactical knife to a paperclip, to a needle, tweezers, a titanium .03 pencil..
I personally cut out of anger, and I do it where no one will be likely to see. I redirect anger onto myself instead of towards others, so my sweet spot was when I used something blunt that I could press very heavily into my skin without going deep enough to damage anything. I've never had an infection or sterilized anything I use, but I think you should if you intend to go deep, or if it's an item that's been everywhere. Use rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer without extra lotions or scents. I seem less susceptible to infection as a whole, but do worry if the inside of the cuts turn yellow with pus. I use some around 3% peroxide to dissolve the infected part, then wipe it off and let it re heal. You can also use alcohol, which burns, but dries it up. Make sure either completely dries if you intend to bandage it.

Like the other user, I'd say stop. It gets boring after a few years and all you have are the scars and the impulse that it'll still help, when it doesn't give that feeling anymore.

Reactions: anonymous anomaly