whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I don't get it. I don't understand why people are enthusiastic or interested about what society is offering. It's just a mix of lies, ambition and the fulfilment of animal instincts. There is basically no space travel, which is my metric of advancement for some reason, and the technology that IS being developed is basically aiming to replace humans or normal human activities, and to track everyone and their opinion and serve them social engineering propaganda 24/7. Great job.

I'm just sort of floating around, wondering what the hell I have to do with all of this.

I just feel like nothing interesting is going on. I know the media lies to the people on behalf of who pays them and the people get outraged or vote on command. If they craft a war or whatever they will steer it wherever they want and people will follow the consensus opinion coming from the screens they carry around or use at home, the truth will never be made public. It's just boring.

I don't think I like living very much, to add insult to injury. Society seems more insane every day in some respects, but when the Mesoamericans carved out hearts to offer to the Gods they weren't precisely of a sound mind either. Probably it's life itself that's the problem, and that's why all cultures are fucked, not just the one I was born into. I don't know. It might be that I just dislike what being a human is about, for whatever reason.

I know many people in here kill themselves or think about it over a disgraceful existence, and I have that, but I'm more part of this strange group of people that just feels out of place with existing. It's just fascinating, the fact that we exist. How does life turn against itself like that? We should be sticking to our programming and always coveting existence. I remember being like this since a kid, so it wasn't the result of decades of suffering. I was born ungrateful and weary about existence, and it only got worse. The truth is that in some significant respects I loathe humans, and going deeper, life itself. It's almost like I'm something else, in a flesh suit.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, 4am, Disappointered and 44 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I don't get it. I don't understand why people are enthusiastic or interested about what society is offering. It's just a mix of lies, ambition and the fulfilment of animal instincts. There is basically no space travel, which is my metric of advancement for some reason, and the technology that IS being developed is basically aiming to replace humans or normal human activities, and to track everyone and their opinion and serve them social engineering propaganda 24/7. Great job.

I'm just sort of floating around, wondering what the hell I have to do with all of this.

I just feel like nothing interesting is going on. I know the media lies to the people on behalf of who pays them and the people get outraged or vote on command. If they craft a war or whatever they will steer it wherever they want and people will follow the consensus opinion coming from the screens they carry around or use at home, the truth will never be made public. It's just boring.

I don't think I like living very much, to add insult to injury. Society seems more insane every day in some respects, but when the Mesoamericans carved out hearts to offer to the Gods they weren't precisely of a sound mind either. Probably it's life itself that's the problem, and that's why all cultures are fucked, not just the one I was born into. I don't know. It might be that I just dislike what being a human is about, for whatever reason.

I know many people in here kill themselves or think about it over a disgraceful existence, and I have that, but I'm more part of this strange group of people that just feel out of place with existing. It's just fascinating, the fact that we exist. How does life turn against itself like that? We should be sticking to our programming and always coveting existence. I remember being like this since a kid, so it wasn't the result of decades of suffering. I was born ungrateful and weary about existence, and it only got worse. The truth is that in some significant respects I loathe humans, and going deeper, life itself. It's almost like I'm something else, in a flesh suit.

I agree with all your points. To be clear, anyone who is remotely important to human society are the space engineers, and everyone else is just supporting their endeavours. I mean, what point does humanity have? We could come to the conclusion that space exploration is our purpose right now, which basically means that NASA, and similar organizations, are actually moving the goal posts of humanity, while all the rest of humanity is only providing support functions in case things go wrong along the way - like hospitals, gas stations and so on. At least that's how I see humanity as a whole.

You are probably also right in that society is going more insanse by the day, which means that we, as a society, aren't doing what we are supposed to be doing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, Archness, Hollowman and 2 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
I agree with all your points. To be clear, anyone who is remotly important to human society are the space engineers, and everyone else is just supporting their endeavours. I mean, what point does humanity have? We could come to the conclusion that space exploration is our purpose right now, which basically means that NASA, and similar organizations, are actually moving the goal posts of humanity, while all the rest of humanity is only providing support functions in case things go wrong along the way - like hospitals, gas stations and so on. At least that's how I see humanity as a whole.

You are probably also right in that society is going more insanse by the day, which means that we, as a society, aren't doing what we are supposed to be doing.
Have you read "Industrial Society and its Future?" It really has a lot to say about what was going to happen. I don't think blowing people up was okay but it's worth reading.. I read it a lot time to time to remind myself of how destroying it is to make money and not feel like your learning, expanding or doing something meaningful anymore..

• Love
Reactions: 4am, Archness and bad luck
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Have you read "Industrial Society and its Future?" It really has a lot to say about what was going to happen. I don't think blowing people up was okay but it's worth reading.. I read it a lot time to time to remind myself of how destroying it is to make money and not feel like your learning, expanding or doing something meaningful anymore..

Thank you for the advice! I'll have a look if I get the chance.

• Love
Reactions: 4am
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
How bizarre.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: 4am and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I disagree with the Unabomber actually, but share his hatred for the modern world for similar reasons. Universal exploring is pretty grand, you have to admit, it would inject some dignity, an horizon to existence.

But the industrial society is giving us TikTok, NFT's and amazing breakthrough tech like mini helicopters that spy on people. Please Lord take me soon.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, Archness, GentleJerk and 1 other person
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I don't personally care for space exploration or all that technology nonsense, I love animals and nature far more. People are insane, I know. It's good to just get away to a nice fishing hole and cast out a line and fuck off all day with some mates and don't give a damn about what's happening on the other side of the world. A lot of the crazy shit people do is due to animalistic behavior and genes/chemicals/psyche, so I don't let it rest on my conscience.

Drugs and alcohol are sweeeeeeet though.

• Love
Reactions: 4am and Foresight
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
I think consciousness beyond simple self awareness is what went wrong with our species. Once we advanced enough to not have to be out looking for food all day, we suddenly had all this time on our hands to sit and think about ourselves. The time spent "surviving" has decreased to near zero as the centuries wore on, at least in its biological respect. I wonder if any ancient Homo sapiens were suicidal?

Engaging with philosophy really helps me. I experience the same conundrum that you do. Life in this age just feels absurd and pointless. Existentialism has been very valuable to me. You might be interested in its ideas. Post modernism is also pretty on point. There are endless books, podcasts, audiobooks, tv shows, and YouTube series to explore those topics.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, Archness, foreverfalling and 4 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
I just wanna say.. I hate Jordon Peterson.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, Disappointered, Archness and 2 others
NaturalBornNEET

NaturalBornNEET

Feb 22, 2022
I was never supposed to be here to begin with, I was to die at birth but stupid human technology or some shit kept me alive, humans tampered with nature and im the product. And now im just a defective subhuman and my only options are to wageslave a dead end job for the system that "rescued" me from death, going homeless or suicide. And if I tried living out of society off grid nature would just finish the job humans stopped it from finishing

I disagree with the Unabomber actually, but share his hatred for the modern world for similar reasons. Universal exploring is pretty grand, you have to admit, it would inject some dignity, an horizon to existence.

But the industrial society is giving us TikTok, NFT's and amazing breakthrough tech like mini helicopters that spy on people. Please Lord take me soon.
I despise this industrial society too, its the thing that prevented my death through a combination of technology and corrupt ethics

I think a transhumanist utopia where technology transcends nature and all the suffering it causes would be the best, with the second best being no industrial society and just living as hunter gatherers

actually what would be best is just killing myself so I dont have to think about any of this shit

• Love
Reactions: 4am, MelancholyGirl, Forever Sleep and 4 others

Mar 21, 2022
This world moves too fast. It's too loud, too unpredictable. Society has advanced thousands of times beyond what anatomically modern humans are adapted to. Everything about the world feels like an unbearable assault on the senses.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, Green Destiny, Archness and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: 4am and NaturalBornNEET
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
I think the most important part is to never come back to this world again after we die.

coming back here to have any type of consciousness or sentience would be a tragedy.

if I come back, I just wanna be a rock, a bunch of water, wind or dust.

life is a disease!

people need to stop reproducing.

have you guys considered how good it would be to explore the world with nuclear bombs?

I'd definitely vote in a politician that promised he would destroy the planet or at least make it unhabitable by humans.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4am, Disappointered, ShttyChicken and 2 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
This world moves too fast. It's too loud, too unpredictable. Society has advanced thousands of times beyond what anatomically modern humans are adapted to. Everything about the world feels like an unbearable assault on the senses.
Yes.

• Love
F

FogFilledLife

Student
Jan 6, 2022
I'm here to judge people with my limited mindset while they judge me with theirs. I post here in the hopes of enlightenment while aware it won't come. I desire meaning in a meaningless existence to try and postpone the inevitable ceasing of my mind's internal struggle.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, Disappointered and Forever Sleep
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Man's mental evolution is far ahead of his bodily evolution. We have come to the realization that we can understand the fact that we are in a flesh prison ruled by our primitive impulses. Now, we don't know what to do with it. Everything is a meaningless and forced existence. We must all be punished for something. There is no other explanation for such pain.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, ShttyChicken, whatevs and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
We're here to be slaves to the Government and the elites of the World.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited, 4am, Hollowman and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
We actually don't know. It's a big world out there, Uzumaki Naruto. You can't stay all your life in the Leaf Village, feeling sorry for yourself.
I assume this entire post is a joke. You don't actually think like this, right? Nothing wrong about it if you do, just very hard for me to know if someone is serious or not over text (especially with the Naruto joke, lol).

• Love
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I assume this entire post is a joke. You don't actually think like this, right? Nothing wrong about it if you do, just very hard for me to know if someone is serious or not over text (especially with the Naruto joke, lol).
Why would you think that it is a joke? You don't think there are answers to the origin or life or of the Universe out there, or at least something entirely new we never imagined?

Last edited:
  • Love
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I am replying only because I have had the same question myself today. Nobody would stand for this if we weren't conditioned/programmed to be obsessed with survival at any cost. Survival for what?

• Love
Reactions: 4am, ShttyChicken and GentleJerk
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Why would you think that it is a joke?
I thought it was a joke due to this:
You can't stay all your life in the Leaf Village, feeling sorry for yourself.

You don't think there are answers to the origin or life or of the Universe out there, or at least something entirely new we never imagined?
The specifics of abiogenesis seems more likely to be found here on Earth. Not sure how riding around on spaceships would help understand what happened "before" the big bang. Of course there are undiscovered things on other worlds, but I have no evidence to suggest that would help me in any way (especially since that's very far into the future, if at all).

• Love
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I thought it was a joke due to this:

The specifics of abiogenesis seems more likely to be found here on Earth. Not sure how riding around on spaceships would help understand what happened "before" the big bang. Of course there are undiscovered things on other worlds, but I have no evidence to suggest that would help me in any way (especially since that's very far into the future, if at all).
Abiogenesis is retarded as a word and as a concept. There is something alive in dead things and something dead in living things. Life didnt come from dead things, because nothing is actually dead, nor nothingness can exist. It ´s been proven than empty space has some kind of fluctuating energy in it. There was and will always be something in our reality, and like a seed creates a tree the potential in the original "nothingness" was destined to create life.

Your idea that space exploration has nothing to do with figuring out why life exists or how the Universe works is the dumbest thing I read in a long time.

Last edited:
  • Love
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Abiogenesis is retarded as a word and as a concept. There is something alive in dead things and something dead in living things. Life didnt come from dead things, because nothing is actually dead, nor nothingness can exist. It ´s been proven than empty space has some kind of fluctuating energy in it. There was and will always be something in our reality, and like a seed creates a tree the potential in the original "nothingness" was destined to create life.

Your idea that space exploration has nothing to do with figuring out why life exists or how the Universe works is the dumbest thing I read in a long time.
Agree to disagree, then.

• Love
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Hehe well said. Yep, we cracked the human genome in the 90's, we can communicate via satellites in space, we created nanobots... But we can't feed the homeless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played a videogame on steam, and used Menulog for the first time to order dinner from a local restaurant the other day, and had the sobering realisation that this was probably me experiencing the peak of what all our technological advancements to date has to offer the average person.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4am and Disappointered
Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022

I know many people in here kill themselves or think about it over a disgraceful existence, and I have that, but I'm more part of this strange group of people that just feels out of place with existing. It's just fascinating, the fact that we exist. How does life turn against itself like that? We should be sticking to our programming and always coveting existence. I remember being like this since a kid, so it wasn't the result of decades of suffering. I was born ungrateful and weary about existence, and it only got worse. The truth is that in some significant respects I loathe humans, and going deeper, life itself. It's almost like I'm something else, in a flesh suit.
I suspect the universe (we) have a purpose - something like the universe attempting to escape itself or transcend itself in some way - to fully understand itself so that it (we) can go beyond it and escape its own mortality, before it all burns out and becomes uninhabitable in however many billion years, or something like that, and that's what we are doing, and why we have this irrational desire to survive, when we all know that it would be much easier and less painful to just drink N and peacefully become dead bits of universe again, and let some other intelligent beings on some other planet, in some other galaxy, work on the whole 'transcending the universe' problem instead!

I suspect the idea of the 'will to power' is something real within the universe (and we are the universe, so it is in us), and is what caused inanimate bits of the universe to desire to become single-cell organisms and living creatures, and is what causes not just survival instinct, but the instinct to attain power and resources and GLORY, despite the fact that one day you will certainly die and everything you attained and all the GLORY you felt will die with you.

Rationality tells us this game doesn't make sense if YOU are going to die, but it seems to make sense if there is some far-off end game that we are all a part of - I am you, and you are me, and we are the universe, and the universe is us, etc - and the only way to achieve the aims of the end game is for everyone to seek power and resources for themselves and their immediate family (through our love of people, and activities) right now, through labouring, designing, creating, engineering, and in some cases seeking GLORY - the ultimate aim of the 'will to power' - even if some people's contributions are simply to entertain in the form of music to make this wretched journey more tolerable for everyone - these entertainers receive the most GLORY, along with the top engineers, designers, creators, etc - I suspect that desire for GLORY is the 'will to power' and is what will enable the universe to transcend itself, or maybe ONE of the universes - maybe there are billions and this 'rat race' is on a much larger scale than we realize - maybe it's about THE UNIVERSE out of billions that manages to transcend itself!

If my chronic pain disappeared tomorrow, I would not be suicidal at all. I'm suicidal in large part because I can't live with this 'will to power', this desire to attain GLORY, being unfulfilled. I can't bare to lie here and watch my potential whither and waste away on this bed. It's too sad for me to stare at for the next 40 years.

I don't hate life, like a majority of the people on here seem to. I just hate pain!

Last edited:
  • Love
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Man's mental evolution is far ahead of his bodily evolution. We have come to the realization that we can understand the fact that we are in a flesh prison ruled by our primitive impulses. Now, we don't know what to do with it. Everything is a meaningless and forced existence. We must all be punished for something. There is no other explanation for such pain.
spot on

• Love
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Same shit, different planet.
This. I think the problem is not the planet, but existence as individual beings. We are in competition to each other for everything, as a result we are mean to each other, hurt each other and only the tough ones survive. I am not fit for this race, on Earth, Mars or Moon. I want to stop existing and being sentient, please.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, Mthom2, redeyepiranha and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
This. I think the problem is not the planet, but existence as individual beings. We are in competition to each other for everything, as a result we are mean to each other, hurt each other and only the tough ones survive. I am not fit for this race, on Earth, Mars or Moon. I want to stop existing and being sentient, please.
That's fair. I think what my point months ago was that with space travel we would more and more unravel the mysteries of existence and why is it so painful and cruel.

My point never was "different planet, we happy". You have to be a moron to interpret what I said as that.

Also the feeling that humanity explores and progresses would make me feel enthused for the future, not dreadful, and pride for my human condition, not shame.

Simple to understand.

• Love
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am, Venus13 and whatevs