Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Hi there, first of all I acknowledge I'm not the most active member but I hope I can get some answers/suggestions.
Let me explain my situation:

I'm at college living in an apartment near of it.
At the beggining of this semester I was feeling pretty bad and decided I would ctb at some point in this semester.
I left one course after another to the point I wasn't attending to a single class. My parents found out what I was doing and now I'm in a process to retire/cancell all my courses before the end of the semester or else I might get kicked out. I don't plan on living for another semester and that's the reason why I started not doing any college related stuff.

Now I need to get certain certification of my condition and have an appointment with a therapist of my own college to get it. I can't seem I'm too fine because I might not get the document nor too bad because I don't want to get send into a phych ward. I have a method, and estimated deadline but I'm not sure of how much should I share.

From your own experience, how much should I share just so I get what I need but not send into a phych ward?.

I want to keep my ability to stay in college so I can pretend everything is fine. I can't allow myself to be exposed more than how already I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, Hopeindeath!, ecmnesia and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's a difficult question to answer but I'll tell you how I didn't get sent to a psych ward after my failed CTB attempt:

I told them I was thinking about suicide since a long time ago but still loved life and my family. I just had so many ups and downs that I didn't know how to move on but I would never try something like that again. (this is all a lie but it worked, of course I'll CTB and I hate life.)

What did I get?
Well, I used to live alone, I don't anymore. I used to have freedom, I don't anymore because my parents are on my back 24/7.
HOWEVER, this is better than a psych ward. I only have to take some pills and that's it.

Wish you good luck! Hope you find peace soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith, Lone_Gray_Wolf, darksideofthebright and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
I had a similar experience, although I wasn't being threat with being kicked out of college.

I told the doctor I was having a really hard time keeping up with the assignments and classes cause I felt extremely demotivated, anxious and stressed, because although I felt bad for not participating in colleges activities i did not have the energy to get up from bed in the morning. When they asked me about suicide, I told them I was too much of a coward to do so, that I had terribly low moments when I wanted to disappear for a while, but that was it, I still wanted to live and wanted to get better, just without all of the stress and stuff (which is a lie, but anyway). What helped me the most was that I was the one who looked for help when I started noticing that people were suspecting me, you need to make it look like you actually want to get better, pretend in a convincing way that you have the desire to engage in treatment.

I for instance have a bad history with substance abuse, but I needed sleeping and anxiety pills badly, so although I described the symptoms required for such prescriptions I made sure to look like I was worried about getting addicted and relaying to much on pills. Long story short, it worked.

Just don't exagerar too much on your acting tho. Less is more in those kinds of situations, or else, they are going to see through you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gromit-CTB, Wraith, Lone_Gray_Wolf and 2 others
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Thanks for both of the replies. Are actually pretty useful.

Reactions: Wraith and ecmnesia