she

she

one day at a time
Apr 9, 2023
Planning on finishing up my suicide note over the weekend. I don't feel as though I can stick around for much longer. I could really use some advice on what things shouldn't be left out. I have my SN that I ordered earlier this year in my closet-- I think I'll be putting it to use, soon enough. Is there anything I shouldn't forget to put into my note before I finally CTB?

Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I think if it's important, it'll come naturally.

Mine is pretty much just reasons why I felt this was the only option, trying to get across what it's like to be me and asking for them to try to understand. And sorry. A lot of sorry.

Reactions: just_a_guy
F

flp_

Nov 2, 2023
that is your decision

you can blame others, but final point as to be clear that is your choice

Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
It can be really hard to find the right words for such a note. That's why I wrote some points down that I will talk about in my note. I hope they also help you find some points to talk about.
  • The reason why I did it
  • Things I valued
  • Things I absolutely hated
  • Answer questions which haven't been answered before
  • Say things I always wanted to say
  • My view on suicide
  • A list of important or expensive items and what should happen to them

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalAngel, LonelyStarrySky and just_a_guy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe it's a personal decision deciding what to write in a note, it's completely up to the individual. But if the point of a note is to try and act as a form of closure for those left behind I'd explain why I wanted to leave so that maybe those left behind are less likely to be left with as many unanswered questions.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Anything that's on your heart. Be raw with it.

Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
Whatever is in your heart, ideally. If you're coming from a place of anger, it may be best to leave most of that out. Leaving a note indicates there are loved ones you want to clarify things with, so I wouldn't want to hurt them any more than your passing already will.

Mine is full of sadness, regrets, apologies, reasons, and goodbyes.

Hope that things work out for you, OP. So sorry you've been brought to this point in the first place.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
As others said, it's up to you. Whenever I do a presentation or write a technical report my goal is to cover all the basics so that people shouldn't have many questions. If you want the note to answer the readers' questions then try to think of the questions they may ask and find a way to incorporate those answers into your note. Just know that it's your note and you have full control over what you want to say. Nobody can force you to add or omit anything.

just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
It can be really hard to find the right words for such a note. That's why I wrote some points down that I will talk about in my note. I hope they also help you find some points to talk about.
  • The reason why I did it
  • Things I valued
  • Things I absolutely hated
  • Answer questions which haven't been answered before
  • Say things I always wanted to say
  • My view on suicide
  • A list of important or expensive items and what should happen to them
I think this covers pretty much everything

reallysleepy

reallysleepy

She/her
Oct 25, 2023
If it's important to you, you can also add what should the do with your body after.

In mine I'm also putting my bank account credentials so my mom can access what money I leave behind and I'll also explain that if I end up a vegetable that they should unplug me