NoThoughtTooMany

NoThoughtTooMany

The worst
Aug 26, 2023
Growing up I was in a very religious community (Seventh Day Adventism) and never got to watch a lot of shows and movies because they were seen as demonic or satanic. I stopped believing in highschool, but still, my disinterest in movies and tv shows was persistent since - I became more interested in video games. But now video games sometimes feel like too much energy, or I feel like the games are all the same, or make me feel like a mouse running for some cheese in a maze - it's no longer fun. I just recently watched the first two seasons of Dexter, expecting myself not to like it, but I was engrossed into the story. I know I may die sometime soon, not sure when exactly, but before I go I want to see if I can have any more positive experiences in shows or stories that I will never get to experience in real life.

First of all, I am not someone who is really interested in content that is solely about relationships and romance. I've had enough of that type of drama in my own life. I'm also disinterested in musicals, or anything pompous, like my family. And yes, if you like musicals, I am judging you.

If you could only watch one TV show or movie that's not about romance, what would it be?

• Hugs
Reactions: GalacticWarrior777
szabadság

szabadság

Jun 25, 2024
mmm probaby dead poet society :)) i completely fell in love with the story when i first watched it

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, NoThoughtTooMany and EternalShore
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I highly recommend Godzilla Minus One if you can stand subtitles.

Reactions: NoThoughtTooMany
GalacticWarrior777

GalacticWarrior777

One day I'll be gone and that's it
Sep 24, 2024
I'd recommend A silent voice, but I dont think you will like it + it's subbed.

Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
Thousands and thousands, too many to list!
(I hope you can find a way to recover)

Reactions: CatLvr and NoThoughtTooMany
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
No relationships, no musicals, not high brow, but still good.

You might appreciate All Quiet On The Western Front.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
October Sky. I loved it. Heartwarming.

Addled and Rattled

Addled and Rattled

Mar 15, 2023
My comfort movie for a while was Hot Fuzz, it doesn't take itself seriously at all and has a way of using camera framing for comedy that is so interesting. Hope you can feel better soon.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Machine Girl. It isn't good by any objective measures, but it's honestly such a fun movie.

Reactions: cait_sith and NoThoughtTooMany
Tiny Little Fairy

Tiny Little Fairy

Jul 15, 2021
Ooh I have so many, that's pretty much how I spend my time.

I always recommend "Enter the Void", it's French and is such a trippy/existential movie, I always come back to it.

Reactions: NoThoughtTooMany and cait_sith
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
"Synecdoche, New York" was the last movie I watched before getting my horrible eye-infection that makes watching screens unbearable, making me not watch any any media for 6 weeks now, and I have to say that destiny really picked the perfect last movie for me

• Love
Reactions: cohomology and NoThoughtTooMany
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
My comfort movie for a while was Hot Fuzz, it doesn't take itself seriously at all and has a way of using camera framing for comedy that is so interesting. Hope you can feel better soon.
Based on true events though. Society really functions like that.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
The Jacket (2005, Thriller) is a very good one. It shows how the past affects the present. Keeps you guessing and has a strong emotional side.

R

ramon

Aug 10, 2024
Ghost World (2001)

Respectful discussions on how this movie ends may degenerate into harmful confrontations.

Hana68

Hana68

Fallen 🖤
Oct 12, 2024
I recommend Welcome to the NHK and A silent voice (they are both very depressing)

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Just watched The Substance and I also recommend that movie too (though it's important to note that there is quite a bit of body horror in it)

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Breaking Bad is an awesome show. It would be a long watch and I know it may seem overrated but I genuinely enjoyed the same. For movies, I've recently watched the newer Jumanji movies, and I enjoy this. I get some sense of escapism from them

BeijaFlor

BeijaFlor

Dreamer
Oct 17, 2024
as for a movie, Angels Egg / Tenshi no Tamago (1985) - this one is fairly difficult to find, theres a YT version but, its in japanese with spanish sub. alternitevly, perhaps you could find it on some anime streaming website out there aswell, im sure its available somewhere.

as for a series, TwinPeaks ( 1990, 1991, 2017 ) - earlier seasons are also difficult to find but, well... same thing.

nancyboy

nancyboy

change your taste in men
Oct 21, 2024
Heathers the TV Show, Bojack Horseman, Total Drama, Daria, and Metalocalypse (movies included.) For movies I'd recommend Hedwig and The Angry Inch and Zero Day. Hedwig and The Angry Inch IS a musical but I feel like it's way less obnoxious than most musicals. (All the music is in the form of concerts and the music itself is very much not like most musicals. It's music you could openly listen to in a car.)