U

Unhitched3040

Feb 4, 2024
For me, I'm not really sure. I'm a college student, and despite having a 4.0 GPA and landing a high paying salary job while still in school due to my high performance, I still feel unhappy. So success isn't it.

There are lots of things I used to enjoy, but I don't enjoy those things nearly as much anymore. I don't know what I enjoy nowadays. Apparently this is a sign of depression lol

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
Honestly the only thing that brings me any sort of comfort is retro video gaming. Specifically referring to things like emulation of arcades and consoles from 20 to 30 years ago. A lot of the times I can't always interact with stuff because of my neuropathy so I watch a lot of Twitch streams where people play retro games that I'm into same thing with youtube.

Modern gaming is pretty bad now though there's too much money in it and it's miserable.$200 billion far more than movies and music Industries even combined. I've dabbled in a few other things philosophy comes to mind but in the end they still bring me tremendous amounts of misery. I only have one refuge that I can stay in and once that goes I have nothing left.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i only seem to be able to feel content for a little while. it doesn't last. some are spending time with my boyfriend, playing my favorite games, petting my cats, exercising, working on artistic projects. i think i need to feel connected, to others or myself, to feel content. they may not last, but i really do treasure these small moments of peace.

BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Aug 29, 2024
Weirdly, I've stopped caring so much about trying to feel happy or content. Being happy, content, enjoying the moment, and stuff like that, I don't put anymore pressure on myself that I need to feel differently than I do or don't. Like there's no place for me to arrive and there's no obligation for me to go anywhere or be any different.

Part of that may be that I'm separating my mind from my brain. If my neurons aren't stimulated enough and they get bored easily, feeling like nothing is all that fulfilling for long if anything is fulfilling at all, that's my brain and not really the fault of my "identity." I don't even know what my identity is and I've let go of pressure to feel like I need to conform or become any particular person.

I'm just a mind tagging along with the experience this brain and body puts me through, while it stays alive. I don't know, these are just random thoughts the thread prompted from me.